Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Oh yeah, I am a fan of logitech products overall. I have owned keyboards and mice from other companies like MS, Razer, Steelseries, and I always end up back with logitech stuff.

They also have good customer support. At least they used to?

I almost have everr mice that logitech made, except for the latest $150 one. I didn't buy it because 1) I like buttons on my mice 2) it is too long for my hands. Sigh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Logitech support is absolute poo poo now. It was indeed one of the best at one point, but now they're absolutely one of my worst customer experiences.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
That sucks... I remember when they would just replace defective mice as long as you provided proof of purchase.... oh well, times are changing I guess.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Logitech acquires Saitek

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ephphatha posted:

I was charging it daily. I'd get around 7 hours of active use out of a charge before it stopped responding completely. It also had a severe amount of idle drain, if I used the computer in the morning before work and I forgot to plug it in I'd find it at less than half charge when I came home. It's entirely possible this could've been improved somewhat with a firmware update but from what I saw that was pretty close to typical for this mouse.

I've heard it's very variable depending on what mode you have it in.

I mostly run mine wired so I keep it at the max power, max refresh rate setting. Actively using it wirelessly at that setting seems to last 6-8 hours (though I haven't done that much), in the far more common situation where I go wireless, use it for an hour or two, and then go do something else while forgetting to plug it in it's almost always been usable in the morning though red and complaining.

I've never actually used it on power saver mode, so for the sake of curiosity I'm going wireless right now with it set to power saver and 125Hz refresh. This should be an ideal case for its battery, though mine may not be in the greatest condition due to having been kept at full charge almost continuously for however long I've had it (a year or two I think) Let's see how long it lasts.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ephphatha posted:

I've been using wireless mice for years since I really don't like the feel of a cord dragging or pushing on the mouse when I'm trying to use it, then I bought a g700s and the absurdly lovely battery life meant it spent most of it's time plugged in via the incredibly stiff usb cable anyway. That mouse died and I got a refund so I'm now looking for a new mouse.

I figure any wired mouse can't be as bad as that was, so what should I get if I like large mice and want at least two buttons near the thumb arranged vertically? The g502 looks decent since I can rebind the sniper button so I'm leaning toward that at the moment.

Why not just get a G900 or wait for the G403 Wireless? I get 22 hours of active use out of the G900 with the LED on (closer to 32 with them off), and it also isn't even bad to use corded.
It sounds like the G403 has a slightly small battery but only changes the usage by a few hours.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

For what it's worth, I have never had the G900 run out of battery yet. Like once a weekish I'll plug it in after I'm finished using my computer and go to sleep. I run it with all the lights off.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
G700s is not a great example of battery life relative to what we can do now. It's a six year old design, the sensor draws significantly more power than current solutions, and NiMH batteries don't have great performance when it comes to capacity diminishing over time (something like 15% per year)

If you want something similar in shape/functionality, look to the G602 (a couple months on 2xAA batteries) unless you need the hyperfast wheel. Otherwise the closest thing is the G900.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Why not just get a G900 or wait for the G403 Wireless? I get 22 hours of active use out of the G900 with the LED on (closer to 32 with them off), and it also isn't even bad to use corded.
It sounds like the G403 has a slightly small battery but only changes the usage by a few hours.

I don't really want to wait for the g403 (I'm currently using a mini travel mouse so I want to replace it asap) and the g900 is pricey af. The g602 looks like it'd be alright even if it doesn't work with 1.2v rechargeable batteries but in the interest of laziness I'm just gonna give the g502 a shot since it's in stock at the retailer I'd be ordering from.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Trying to find out some info re: Zowie mice. I have an EC2A recent version with the red logo and Huano switches, did the previous ones with the white logo have omron?

Trying to find out as I actually prefer ambidextrous mice like the G303, so I'll be buying a ZA13, but I prefer omron.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
No Zowie has always used huano switches for the EC series

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Ephphatha posted:

I don't really want to wait for the g403 (I'm currently using a mini travel mouse so I want to replace it asap) and the g900 is pricey af. The g602 looks like it'd be alright even if it doesn't work with 1.2v rechargeable batteries but in the interest of laziness I'm just gonna give the g502 a shot since it's in stock at the retailer I'd be ordering from.

Rechargeable NiMH work fine. I used a G602 with batteries I pulled from old G700 units (1.2v 1900 mAH Eneloops) all the time.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Goo, are you able to give us a hint about whether or not a g503 is on the way?

The death of the G9 is breaking my heart. :(

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Mutant Standard posted:

Goo, are you able to give us a hint about whether or not a g503 is on the way?

The death of the G9 is breaking my heart. :(

I am not permitted to discuss future roadmap plans.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

No Zowie has always used huano switches for the EC series

They did for a time, but they had a product recall. They do exist though.

Anyway, when the gently caress am I going to be able to order the wireless G403?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

wolrah posted:

I've never actually used it on power saver mode, so for the sake of curiosity I'm going wireless right now with it set to power saver and 125Hz refresh. This should be an ideal case for its battery, though mine may not be in the greatest condition due to having been kept at full charge almost continuously for however long I've had it (a year or two I think) Let's see how long it lasts.

I did this experiment and got the 10% warning pretty much exactly 24 hours later, at 12:10 today. There was about 10 hours of desktop type use over that time.

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
Before I pull the trigger, I need a new mouse and have the following criteria

* Wireless
* Long lasting battery life
* A few extra buttons for gaming. I'd like a few buttons easily accessible to my thumb like I did with my old razer naga though I have no need for 12 like the naga had.
* Priced under $100

The G602 seems to fit this nicely but before I pull the trigger, is there something else newer/shinier/better that'll fit my criteria since the G602 is a few years old at this point.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I have a kind of trip report. Ended up getting an MX Master for fairly cheap. Short version: I like it. Longer version is that it's comfortable and light enough (I Used a G5 with like maximum weights because I like my mice to have enough heft to damage something if thrown) to use for long periods. The shape is different and a bit, uh, taller (?) than I'd like but I got used to it fairly quickly. I've had it for a while and I've charged it I think twice. Maybe I don't use my computer that much but I've not had any problems with battery life, and the fact it just uses micro USB means I just have the one cable that my phone usually charges on to plug in to charge the mouse. So yay, no additional cables.

Speaking of, it is really nice to have a wireless mouse for cable management. And when I have crap (Laptop, headphones, audio interfaces, etc) on my desk I can move the mouse to a usable/comfortable position without worrying about tangles or cord length.

Downsides. Basically, it is wireless. You can feel it be wireless. I'm not a MLG pro, but I wasn't expecting to feel any difference in response time. I did. Nothing drastic, but there is perceptible lag. Totally usable for games though. The weird thing is that sometimes when it's down to two bars (Out of three) I have to switch it off and back on because it will start lagging like crazy. Like, move the mouse and several seconds later it will jump across. This has happened twice I think. Not sure what the issue is. I have the latest drivers and all that jazz. Rebooting the mouse is annoying but like I said it's happened twice and not since.

Anyway, it's a good mouse and pretty fitting for me but if you intend to do any gaming avoid it. Great for everything else though.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Any gaming? Really? I have a MX master on a 2nd PC and used it quite a bit with GTA5/Online and some MMOs, I never had the lagging/reboot issue and response times have never been an issue for me :iiam:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Well, I bought the 502. It's narrower than I'm used to, and taking some adjustment, but I think I'll get it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Goo posted:

I am not permitted to discuss future roadmap plans.

Can you confirm there will be a new mouse released in the next 5 years?

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

El Scotch posted:

Can you confirm there will be a new mouse released in the next 5 years?

Well 5 years is a long time so HEY WAIT YOU CAN'T TRICK ME

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Goo is there any reason to pick the g303 over the g pro? Like is the g pro objectively better with upgrades over the 303, or is it basically the same with a different shape?

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Chillyrabbit posted:

Goo is there any reason to pick the g303 over the g pro? Like is the g pro objectively better with upgrades over the 303, or is it basically the same with a different shape?

It's effectively the same technology as the G303 in a shape fewer people whine to me about.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

orcane posted:

Any gaming? Really? I have a MX master on a 2nd PC and used it quite a bit with GTA5/Online and some MMOs, I never had the lagging/reboot issue and response times have never been an issue for me :iiam:

None of those games are the kind you care about your mouse for. What he prolly meant was "serious" gaming.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah but then he also said "if you intend to do any gaming avoid it" which is ridiculous.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Goo posted:

It's effectively the same technology as the G303 in a shape fewer people whine to me about.

Huh, I actually kind of liked the shape, it grew on me after I switched from the sensei RAW.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's almost like posts about people's opinions about their mice are worth ignoring!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The G303 works very well as my to-go travel mouse. Good for claw gripping and it's also nice and tiny. That forward-side mouse button is kinda wonky feeling and you can't wrap the cord around the mouse, but still.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

orcane posted:

Yeah but then he also said "if you intend to do any gaming avoid it" which is ridiculous.

Yeah that was poor wording on my part. I did mean people that take gamng super srsly. I'm cool with it, I'm sure most people would be cool with it but if "gaming" is a serious enough factor on your decision for a mouse then yeah, I'd probably avoid it. That's what I meant though.

Basically, "I play games" = fine, "I'm a serious gamer" = miss. In my opinion anyway.

I am not a serious gamer.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Saw there was a new Naos model coming out and almost got interested but then oh no https://mionix.net/product/naos-qg/

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Has anyone used a Corsair Scimitar? Opinions on it vs the Naga or G600? I used a Naga several years ago but am sick of the buttons failing on Razer mice even if I can just RMA it every time.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What is a good FPS gaming mouse for someone with really large hands? Ideally I'd like a wired mouse with switches like the FK1+, the FK1+ is just too narrow for me to hold comfortably, even with claw grip. I've never been able to palm grip any mouse. I've been using the Sensei, and it's not bad, but still is a bit uncomfortable to hold for long periods, and way too short to ever not claw grip.

My hand is roughly ~8.7 inches long, which apparently is way bigger than average: http://www.theaveragebody.com/average_hand_size.php

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 21, 2016

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The mamba is pretty good sized.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cinara posted:

Has anyone used a Corsair Scimitar? Opinions on it vs the Naga or G600? I used a Naga several years ago but am sick of the buttons failing on Razer mice even if I can just RMA it every time.

I actually just bought a scimitar to replace a naga. It's bigger than the naga for sure, but the keypad can be moved forward or backward roughly an inch so it was pretty easy to find a comfortable spot for it. The biggest plus and the thing that made me buy it was the buttons themselves. They're mechanical and I find them much nicer to press vs. the naga. They also make a satisfying click. Build quality seems really nice. The only beef I've had with it so far is that the numpad keys aren't mapped out of the box and you have to go to the corsair website to get the software. Other than that I really love it so far.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
So I just preordered the Logitech gaming pro and the G403 from Newegg. I used a 303 for awhile and developed a bit of claw grip. The 303 still feels weird with the odd angles so hopefully the gaming pro works out. Ordered the g403 in case I decide to revert back to palming.

Kinda sad that the g403 is in between the ec1-a and ec2-a. The ec2-a is the ideal size for 18.4 cm hands. Just hate those non customizable LEDs on Zowie mice.

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 22, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I'm confused as to when the G403 is actually going to loving release. Newegg says November, some sites say 25th, 20th, 17th Oct. I went ahead and ordered from a local site selling it for US$93 shipped.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I did a search on Reddit and people who ordered on Logitechs website said that theirs had shipped a few days ago.

Newegg says 10/01 for the g403 and 9/25 for the gaming pro.

$93 is a fuckload for this mouse. I can wait for this mouse no thanks.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Green Gloves posted:

I did a search on Reddit and people who ordered on Logitechs website said that theirs had shipped a few days ago.

Newegg says 10/01 for the g403 and 9/25 for the gaming pro.

$93 is a fuckload for this mouse. I can wait for this mouse no thanks.

It's the wireless version. Sadly I don't think Logitech's website allows international orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Nobody seems to have the G Pro Gaming for preorder yet in the UK. Google shopping shows one company I've never heard of, but none of the usual pc component sellers has it up yet and even Logitech told me they don't know when 3rd party sellers will have it. Very annoying.