Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
vittu meillä on hyvät lait saatana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

In Finnish oikeuskäytäntö no one is charged with murder if they knock someone over and they hit their head. Blame eduskunta and the courts for that one.

They're not charged with murder anyway, because the name of the crime is in Finnish, and "kuolemantuottamus", "tappo" and "murha" all can translate to "murder".

The nazi scum intended to kick the victim, kicked the victim, and the victim died as a result of the kick. It's murder.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

endlessmonotony posted:

They're not charged with murder anyway, because the name of the crime is in Finnish, and "kuolemantuottamus", "tappo" and "murha" all can translate to "murder".

The nazi scum intended to kick the victim, kicked the victim, and the victim died as a result of the kick. It's murder.

lihavoitu teksti pitää paikkansa, mutta ei tee siitä murhaa

ja vain murha käännetään lontooksi murderiksi

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

endlessmonotony posted:

Was that a joke, because murder is a pretty clearly defined word and concept in every language. Manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter are not it. If there was no proven intent to kill it's involuntary manslaughter, this isn't really up for debate or a grey area of any kind.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 19, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rappaport posted:

Jos et hoksannu aiemmin keskustelun tiimellyksessä, niin nimen omaan tämä aikomus kautta suunnitelmallisuus on tässä kyseenalaista, ja siksipä käymme aspergerivääntöä rikoksen nimikkeestä!

Personally I think that starting some autismal debade on whether a bunch of nazis beating somebody to death in broad daylight counts as murder murder or manslaughter murder is a bit in poor taste, tbh.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's not murder by legal terms but considering the publicity, the past violent criminal record, the fact that the dude was bragging about it online afterwards and being literally a nazi, he isn't going to get a slap on the wrist either...

I'm betting the max six years from kuolemantuottamus

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If recent history is any indication, the excessive publicity is actually a sentence-reducing factor.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Double Bill posted:

Was that a joke, because murder is a pretty clearly defined word and concept in every language. Manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter are not it. If there was no proven intent to kill it's involuntary manslaughter, this isn't really up for debate or a grey area of any kind.

The proven intent to kill isn't required for the concept of "murder"; merely willfully doing an action that is likely to result in death of someone else. Legally, most jurisdictions require both premeditation and deliberation, but the definition of the word doesn't necessarily include it.

I'm just being turbo-pedantic because doverhog's post was not only pedantic, it was also wrong.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I wasn't talking about the definition of the word, but rather its usage in the Finnish justice system. Also making a joke about the word literally.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Finnish courts are usually extremely unwilling to dole out murder sentences. Even cases that have had premeditation, deliberation and excessive cruelty have been judged manslaughter just because the victim died quickly. It's pretty hosed up actually.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Honestly I am a bit scared not only of the increasing violence but also from the seeming calling of dismantling of the oikeuskäytäntö, not even nazis are worth abandoning it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

punakone posted:

Honestly I am a bit scared not only of the increasing violence but also from the seeming calling of dismantling of the oikeuskäytäntö, not even nazis are worth abandoning it

That's fair enough - but we already have laws against fascist organizations and behavior that presents a danger to society, and these fuckheads fall under both - and the people who want lynchings would probably be fine if our laws to keep society peaceful were working. But clearly they aren't.

I'd link the tone Hitler image here, but I fear it's actually too appropriate.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

That's fair enough - but we already have laws against fascist organizations and behavior that presents a danger to society, and these fuckheads fall under both - and the people who want lynchings would probably be fine if our laws to keep society peaceful were working. But clearly they aren't.

I'd link the tone Hitler image here, but I fear it's actually too appropriate.

Lock em all up under the appropriate laws i say.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

punakone posted:

Lock em all up under the appropriate laws i say.

Just sayin' the people calling for lynchings are probably also asking why they aren't already locked the gently caress up, and wouldn't want anyone to be lynched if they were. Fear makes you look for quick and dirty solutions.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Personally I think that starting some autismal debade on whether a bunch of nazis beating somebody to death in broad daylight counts as murder murder or manslaughter murder is a bit in poor taste, tbh.

No discussion where the ideal goal is to find the truth is in poor taste. This is the problem with our left (and most others, but I would hope to see a more mature approach by the progressives). They classify some subjects as taboo and that never leads to anything good. Here I think it is most reasonable to discuss whether punching someone can result in manslaughter. In my opinion it is definitely manslaughter, as there is a good chance to kill someone by punching them. Gunshot wounds don't always kill people either, yet I don't think anyone would even consider calling this involuntary manslaughter if there was a gun involved.

As for what I actually think that should be discussed is why the fringe elements in society are gaining ground. In my opinion, this is again one of the big taboos and very few people are willing to consider all the aspects that might drive to this kind of behaviour. Yes, poverty and misery cause our monkey brains to become more aggressive, but I really doubt it can be used to explain all of this.

People in general are losing faith in our representative democracy and for a drat good reason! They see and feel how their opinions are dismissed with great hostility and no understanding. This article was a good reminder that when people are, for example, feeling hostility towards foreign people, it's a natural reaction. This is the approach we should take. Condemning a large portion of the population because of their humanity will lead to nothing good! When we give no permission to have negative emotions, we deny and bottle them up and it leads to outbursts in irrational ways. Accepting the natural negative feelings within oneself and others is an extremely important aspect of being a good human being. Denying them will prevent us from dealing with these emotions on a rational level which will never lead to any good resolution. The same applies also on a personal level, but the irrational level of fear against immigrants is a good concrete example. The chance of getting mugged hasn't increased as much as could be understood from people's reactions. In my opinion, this is partly because we as a society have denied the right to have this feeling. People like Jari Tervo are loving devils when it comes to this subject and he should've known better than to write the garbage he did a while ago.

I really do understand the nazis and their pattern of thought. There is definite logic in it even if I don't agree with it. Our governments have been inefficient garbage for as long as I can remember, and what little capability they would have is seriously hampered by EU putting restrictions on them. Meanwhile we can see how countries with more authoritarian governments dare oppose EU and do their own thing. This leads to the immediate conclusion that if we want to get things done here, we need to have a much stronger leadership with less obstacles for change. Our current democratic system is old as poo poo and there hasn't been a big reform pretty much ever. Considering that when it was created the science concerning human psychology and our behavior was nowhere near where it is now. It is obvious that with current knowledge we could create a much more efficient system that is much less prone to corruption. However, I can't remember seeing any one party campaigning for a major restructuring of our political system. No wonder people will want to have change in the only way they can see in the world! In their eyes there are inefficient and stagnant democracies and strong leaders who can really guide their country towards future (actually the past but at least there's a definite direction).

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 19, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
We need a man like Putin.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pretty sure we need a time machine.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Koitin hetken kuuklailla mutten löytänyt ainuttakaan kuvaa Väyrysestä ilman paitaa :( Suomi-Putin jäänee haaveeksi.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Halla-aho thinks the skinhead attack that resulted to a death is exploited cynically for political ends, which is something Herr Doktor would never ever ever do.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
My favourite part about yesterday's A-studio was how when we have photos of a TF MP at the monument of a rightwing terrorist murderer Eugen Schauman being BFF with rightwing terrorist murderer Jesse Torniainen, Zambo Terho took time to ensure that TF is equally opposed to right wing and leftwing violence.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Nenonen posted:

My favourite part about yesterday's A-studio was how when we have photos of a TF MP at the monument of a rightwing terrorist murderer Eugen Schauman being BFF with rightwing terrorist murderer Jesse Torniainen, Zambo Terho took time to ensure that TF is equally opposed to right wing and leftwing violence.

You are aware that antifa-types often attack or try to attack gatherings like the 612-soihtukulkue right?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Rexroom posted:

Halla-aho thinks the skinhead attack that resulted to a death is exploited cynically for political ends, which is something Herr Doktor would never ever ever do.

I like this supposed quote from him:

- Ilmeisesti henkilöä on tönäisty, ja hän on satuttanut siinä itsensä, Halla-aho sanoi ja lisäsi, että on odotettava poliisin esitutkinnan valmistumista ennen kuin yksityiskohdat selviävät.

Remember when people die from being shoved.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Gortarius posted:

I like this supposed quote from him:

- Ilmeisesti henkilöä on tönäisty, ja hän on satuttanut siinä itsensä, Halla-aho sanoi ja lisäsi, että on odotettava poliisin esitutkinnan valmistumista ennen kuin yksityiskohdat selviävät.

Remember when people die from being shoved.

Not defending crazy drop kick nazis but I know or knew people who have died from shoves :/

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001265006.html

quote:

– Jotain hyvin odottamatonta ja yllättävää tässä on tapahtunut. Sellainen on mahdollista, että hän on myöhemmin kotona uudelleen kaatunut ja lyönyt päänsä, koska vamman jälkeen esimerkiksi tasapaino ei ole aivan kunnossa. Voi olla, että hän on saanut uuden aivoverenvuodon, joka ei johdu suoraan ensimmäisestä tapaturmasta, mutta on kylläkin seurausta ensimmäisen tapaturman seurauksista. Tämä on tietysti täyttä spekulaatiota, kun ei tiedä tarkemmin.

intternetin huhumyllyn mukaan jimi karttunen oli pirinisti, joten kuolemansyy saattaa olla yliannostus tai aivotärähdyksen ja pirin aiheuttamat komplikaatiot.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Having a substance abuse issue means the literal nazis kicking the poo poo out of you and you dying is nbd: Finnish social media, 2016.

Also according to the letter of the law accidental pregnancies not aborted are manslaughter.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
missä mä noin väitin?

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Huono ulosanti omasta puolestani, lähinnä liipaisi fb:n puolella jaettu päivitys mikä tuli mieleen.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
TF and its elected officials continue to triumph in the contest for the most dumbfuck moron party in modern Finnish history

Holy gently caress imagine voting for that mouthbreather lol

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 20, 2016

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

AAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA it's the literal CalmHitler.JPG

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

TF and its elected officials continue to triumph in the contest for the most dumbfuck moron party in mofern Finnish history

lol

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
the third reich wasn't called nazi germany therefore nazis were not in control of germany so people blaming hitler are hypocrites or something

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

ehkä jos ihmiset kutsuisivat uuskansallissosialisteja asiallisesti eikä nimittelisi niin heidän ei tarvitsisi puolustaa kunniaansa nyrkkiraudoilla ja pesäpallomailoilla.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Speaking of nazis

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

You are aware that antifa-types often attack or try to attack gatherings like the 612-soihtukulkue right?

It's even worse than that because the vihervassari conspiracy that runs everything in Finland somehow covers up every murder and stabbing they perpetrate

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

TF and its elected officials continue to triumph in the contest for the most dumbfuck moron party in modern Finnish history

Double Bill posted:

Speaking of nazis

lmbo

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

that's jimi karttunen

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

If Li Andersson and Ville Niinistö (or Helsingin Sanomat) are far-left then A) I think the commies have something to say about that and B) the right-wing is going to do even worse then usual in their lovely attempts at false equivalency C)

:geno:

http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2016/09/20/kello-on-lyonyt/

http://www.hs.fi/m/kotimaa/a1474345942668

The amount of idiocy that can fit in a single political party is staggering

EDIT: STAGGERING
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001265362.html

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 21, 2016

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DarkCrawler posted:

The amount of idiocy that can fit in a single political party is staggering