Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

blakangel posted:

12k at the Trump rally, tons outside according to twitter
32k watching one youtube stream
10k watching one Facebook stream

I have a feeling this type of "ground game" is equivalent to or better than the phonebanking and door to door stuff that Dems are good at. :ohdear:

Bernie thought the same thing in the Dem Primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dafte posted:

I've listened to several Trump speeches. The one he is giving today in Florida seems more frightening then a lot that I have heard before. Crowd is whipped into a real frenzy. I really worry this guy will be President.

Edit: Trump just basically said that trials should be speedy and suspects shouldn't have lawyers representing them.

blakangel posted:

I have a feeling this type of "ground game" is equivalent to or better than the phonebanking and door to door stuff that Dems are good at. :ohdear:

I cite you both for gimmick infringement

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

blakangel posted:

It isn't. You know why it isn't? It's because the people who show up to these, are already motivated to vote, otherwise they wouldn't show up to a rally. Ground game is about motivating the people who aren't going to rally's.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Trump wants to leave wounded people to die in the street like his pal Bibi does.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

blakangel posted:

We'll find out in November. This election will be a hell of a test-case for figuring out just how much the ground game actually matters.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

live look at the plan to get rid of nuclear waste

http://imgur.com/a/lH7Cj

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

blakangel posted:

Good news, your "feeling" is stupid and wrong.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

stinkles1112 posted:

We'll find out in November. This election will be a hell of a test-case for figuring out just how much the ground game actually matters.

This term "ground game" does not mean what you think it means.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

blakangel posted:

The same 32k people watch his streams online, he has already captured them. They cannot vote more than once or in every state.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This term "ground game" does not mean what you think it means.

I know exactly what ground-game means. I think you're misinterpreting my post.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol "oh no 40k people watching the stream!" Meanwhile freaking DOTA 2 tournaments get up to half a million viewers on a regular basis.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Carlosologist posted:

live look at the plan to get rid of nuclear waste

http://imgur.com/a/lH7Cj

Simple enough even an idiot can operate it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I am so sick of being stressed out. DNC calmed me down but it's been right back to Suckstown for a while now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Casimir Radon posted:

I am so sick of being stressed out. DNC calmed me down but it's been right back to Suckstown for a while now.

If it's really bothering you it's best to back off for awhile.

I have to do so sometimes, myself.

Dafte
Jul 21, 2001

Techno. Logical. Pimp.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I cite you both for gimmick infringement

Really? Why?

This crowd is howling at his every word. My observation is that Trump supporters are becoming much more emboldened. I haven't heard an audience like this in the sheer hate that they are projecting at the others.

And now the scorpion/frog analogy is occurring, but with a woman and a snake.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol "oh no 40k people watching the stream!" Meanwhile freaking DOTA 2 tournaments get up to half a million viewers on a regular basis.

we can only :derp: about one societal ill at a time

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dafte posted:

This crowd is howling at his every word. My observation is that Trump supporters are becoming much more emboldened. I haven't heard an audience like this in the sheer hate that they are projecting at the others.
How is this any different from his rallies earlier in the year?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blakangel posted:

It isn't for the same reason that opt-in online polling is worthless

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Honestly, my big concern with nuclear isn't the waste, its that I do not trust the American government to effectively monitor and regulate it.

We will get a bunch of republican senators saying the market can regulate nuclear power best and then suddenly there goes the West Coast.

I need to be convinced we won't get an atomic Deepwater Horizon

I mean, the whole point with nuclear power is that we can't fight for just having it be new and well-made, we need to continue to fight for it to stay well-regulated.

That's why regular, stupid people don't like politics. Politics are hard and require a lot of effort to understand technical details and empathy for people who aren't like you. And political battles are rarely fully settled. Sometimes, they come back and become annoying again, or you get regression on things. See: the Voting Rights Act.

But if "Republicans will ruin it! :qq:" is a justification for not doing things we might as well pack it up and go home.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dafte posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kyle_Lippert/status/777331530574233600

This, but add "and the Democrats let it happen."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

How is this any different from his rallies earlier in the year?

Considering no one is getting punched in the face yet this rally is a step up in civility compared to most of his prior ones.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dafte posted:

And now the scorpion/frog analogy is occurring, but with a woman and a snake.

The snake poem reading has been a staple of his for a loooooong time.

E: VVV Then they might vote 10-15 times for Crooked Hillary!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Jerkface posted:

The same 32k people watch his streams online, he has already captured them. They cannot vote more than once or in every state.

What about states without voter ID laws :ohdear:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

blakangel posted:

:lol:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/777969180507250690

What the gently caress are these topics?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I really hope Trump has an amazing hospitalisation

Take away his hospitalization and see what happens!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I guess they had to cut out the unicorn farts segment

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Casting political issues in America in the broadest possible terms so that dipshits - including one of the candidates, sadly - can keep up?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I wonder if going up against Monday Night Football was intentional.

Then again it's Falcons-Saints so they probably wanted to spare us.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

ShutteredIn posted:

What the gently caress are these topics?

Topic: Making America Great Again!

blakangel
Mar 28, 2004
broken reflection on the surface of never
I pasted the Trump rally stats because I watched Hillary's livestream from Philly earlier. There were under 2000 watching Abuela on youtube and maybe a few hundred in the crowd.

If those are the people for H that are already "motivated to vote" than Abuela is in big trouble.

e: 42,000 watching Trump rally on youtube stream now.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

blakangel posted:

I pasted the Trump rally stats because I watched Hillary's livestream from Philly earlier. There were under 2000 watching Abuela on youtube and maybe a few hundred in the crowd.

If those are the people for H that are already "motivated to vote" than Abuela is in big trouble.

Literally following Trump logic.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

blakangel posted:

This is really dumb.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blakangel posted:

This is the equivalent of saying Trump will win because the Apprentice was the highest rated show on TV.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

blakangel posted:

there were 12k watching the Facebook HRC stream

but regardless, viewership doesn't even positively correlate with, much less cause, voting

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

blakangel posted:

I know like 5 random car shows that beat those numbers on youtube.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Those topics are not surprisingly in the slightest btw, they're just phrased a little differently.

It's "do you think America's on a good path", "How do we secure America's (economic) future", and "How do we maintain national security".

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

blakangel posted:

Bernie had massive rallies too.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How easily you forgot the large crowds for Bernie.

• Locked thread