Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

catlord posted:

I remember enjoying the Spawn movie, but I also remember being disappointed that he only had the cape in a couple scenes.

I remember being disappointed that he didn't even has his mask on very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

Well they need to show off the movie-star good looks of old hamburgerface.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If they had Michael Jai White reprise his role as Spawn I'd be there day one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wonder how they sold spawn to Martin sheen to get him to do that movie

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Secretly replacing him with Joe Estevez.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Well they need to show off the movie-star good looks of old hamburgerface.

This is how Deadpool should have looked unmasked.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

I remember reading something about his grandkids being fans of the comics and them convincing him to do it. I figure there was also a truckload of coke involved.

catlord posted:

I remember enjoying the Spawn movie, but I also remember being disappointed that he only had the cape in a couple scenes. I absolutely love Todd McFarlane's insane, nonsensical capes, and I know it would have blown the budget out to keep it, but why bother if you can't?

I had the first DVD of the Spawn series, but I remember not being too impressed.

They probably blew their cgi budget on the few scenes with the cape.

I liked the cartoon enough but felt that it sometimes tried too hard to be edgy, just like the comics.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

I cut a modern trailer together for the Spawn movie. It's a film forever ingrained in my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-uWeDRUfpU

You're on cinemablend. Do you know someone there or is someone in this thread working there?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sometimes things catch on. It's how viral videos work. It's neat and the best way for things to get exposure.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
When I met Martin Sheen I told him my favorite movie of his was Spawn and he laughed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to behind the scene's stuff for Civil War they replaced every scene with Black Panther in the suit with CG.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

So according to behind the scene's stuff for Civil War they replaced every scene with Black Panther in the suit with CG.

They pulled a Bojack Horseman on him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's really weird. So Boseman barely had any screen time if you factor that in.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Was it not supposed to be? I thought it was always intended that way like they do with spiderman

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's not like RDJ is in a plastic Iron Man suit suspended by wires all the time, so I don't get what the big deal is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That's really weird. So Boseman barely had any screen time if you factor that in.

Apparently it was kind of like how they did it for the Robocop reboot where he (and stunt men) wore a version of the suit, they just replaced it in post.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Wasn't there a directors cut of Spawn that had basically no differences from the normal version?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Wasn't there a directors cut of Spawn that had basically no differences from the normal version?

I assume there was some difference, the theatrical version was PG-13 and the director's cut was R, but what exactly that means I don't know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apparently it was kind of like how they did it for the Robocop reboot where he (and stunt men) wore a version of the suit, they just replaced it in post.

Okay that makes way more sense.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

catlord posted:

I assume there was some difference, the theatrical version was PG-13 and the director's cut was R, but what exactly that means I don't know.

More Clown jokes and Simmons' death was longer.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

catlord posted:

It was the 90s so I'd guess a 5 second longer death scene and boobies?

^^^ eh half right

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

About 2 minutes longer, actually!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ButtWolf posted:

You're on cinemablend. Do you know someone there or is someone in this thread working there?

Nope! I don't know anyone anywhere. I posted my trailer on my twitter though, and tagged the tweet with Todd McFarlane, John Leguizamo, Michael Jai White, and a couple other accounts like Moviepilot, since I write for them occasionally, and also sites like Comicbook.com and SuperHeroHype. I think it was Comicbook.com that was the first site to do a writeup featuring my trailer; then it all just started to snowball I guess. This same kind of viral exposure happened with my Last Starfighter modern trailer too.

I worked hard to get the cut done before the Todd McFarlane episode on AMC's Geeking Out talk show this past Sunday. My learning of him being featured on the show is actually what prompted me to set aside some time this past Friday/Saturday to cut a modern trailer together. The relevance of McFarlane on the show probably helped give sites incentive to feature my trailer since he talked about the Spawn reboot (again).

[edit] I also sent a tweet to RedLetterMedia with my Spawn trailer asking them to do a re:View of Spawn, haha. Hope they do it/see my trailer :haw:

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 20, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lobok posted:

I felt this way about Amazing Spider-Man which sucked, because the addition of webshooters had all of my friends telling me how this would be better because it was more accurate to the comics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
THere was a video on my suggested viewing on YT that said "Who should direct the Teen Titans movie?" and showed Burton and Whedon. Because nerds cannot look outside the poo poo they love for any kind of creators.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

THere was a video on my suggested viewing on YT that said "Who should direct the Teen Titans movie?" and showed Burton and Whedon. Because nerds cannot look outside the poo poo they love for any kind of creators.

Nerd media is incestuous low effort bullshit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Whedon I'm not surprised by, but Burton? Will Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter be playing Robin and Starfire? :v:

I enjoy most of the Whedon stuff I've seen but I don't think I'll ever understand the level of veneration he seems to get compared to guys like, say, J. J. Abrams or Steven Moffat. The one I'll always remember was when I was in university and we had a class about feminism, and our pre-class task was to choose an image which we felt represented feminism, write a paragraph explaining why and post it on the module worksite, and one of my esteemed classmates put up a photograph of Joss Whedon.

I'm not saying he can't be what you picture when someone asks you to think about what feminism is, but it's still a bit :rolleyes:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It's because of Buffy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Electromax posted:

It's because of Buffy.

You mean Firefly. Nerds loooove Firefly because they think its cool, and not nerdy, but its nerdy at the same time. It's weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want Fede Alverez's Teen Titans.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Firefly should never have been canceled so people could realize how mediocre and cliche it is. Instead Fox made a martyr of it, the fools.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which forum did you read that on?

(Just kidding I know it's this one.)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Firefly could've been great had it continued and grew organically. And if that happened the first season would've most likely have been "The worst one."

I like Serenity better though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CelticPredator posted:

Firefly could've been great had it continued and grew organically. And if that happened the first season would've most likely have been "The worst one."

I like Serenity better though.

I fell in love hard with the pilot but every subsequent episode left me in disappointed tears. Really, the hype I could resist, but that pilot was so loving good and couldn't possibly prepare me for the rest of the season being two dimensional bullshit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just when will your prescription for bad opinions expire

Electromax
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

You mean Firefly. Nerds loooove Firefly because they think its cool, and not nerdy, but its nerdy at the same time. It's weird.

I guess I was just responding to the 'feminist' part of that post, not veneration more broadly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Train Job was a better pilot episode. Fox was totally right.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm rewatching Civil War and the part where they over explain Spider-Man's goggles bugs me. Was that the result of them working backwards from "we want his eyes to be animated" to "his eyepieces need to be some kind of tech for them to move" to "gadget eyepieces are needed because he needs them to help him focus"?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What do they say about the goggles? I just remember Tony asking him how he sees out of them or whatever. I think it's mostly to just cover for the fact that Spider-Man's mask, as usually depicted, would be terrible to see out. Making them mechanical kills that bird, with the added bonus of letting his eyes change shape.

Or you're right, and it's the other way around. Works for me either way. Going to watch the movie again, so I can see it in action again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lobok posted:

I'm rewatching Civil War and the part where they over explain Spider-Man's goggles bugs me. Was that the result of them working backwards from "we want his eyes to be animated" to "his eyepieces need to be some kind of tech for them to move" to "gadget eyepieces are needed because he needs them to help him focus"?

It's like two lines of dialogue, maybe three tops.

• Locked thread