Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Nien.with Pattern Analyzer, Vectored Thrusters, Push the Limit, and R3A2. Maximum chance of utterly ruining your opponent's day with no stress cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Yes it is.

R3-A2 and/or Stay on Target will be his best buddies.

Snap Shot with R3-A2 on Nien would be pretty gross, since you could stressbot from the snapshot, clear it, then do it again (unless they moved).

That is going to be a pretty nice combo against arc dodgers. Give them stress so that they can't further move. Nien's PS at 7 could actually be a good spot for him. He gets to move before any of the PS 8 or 9 Imps, and they can be a little predictable on their initial manuver. He can set up to catch Soontir in the obvious follow up attack locations. Thus forcing Soontir to disengage, or else risk getting double stressed with the second shot being a 4-dice primary.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Snap Shot on Nien is going to be hilarious. Flying with an Intelligence Agent anywhere on the field has the opportunity to royally gently caress up aces post-dial

The only issue is I don't see a single thing in here that's going to do anything to stop U-boats.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

overdesigned posted:

Nien takes Pattern Analyzer and PtL. Does a K-turn or T-roll. Pattern Analyzers to get his action, boosts if needed to get into R1. PtL's for whatever, drops the stress. Then check pilot stress hits, assigns a stress from the red, which he then also drops.

:getin:

This is so 'X-Wing Rebels' it hurts and I want to try it right now.

Also, LOL at the username/ship build combo

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Strobe posted:

Snap Shot on Nien is going to be hilarious. Flying with an Intelligence Agent anywhere on the field has the opportunity to royally gently caress up aces post-dial

The only issue is I don't see a single thing in here that's going to do anything to stop U-boats.

The droid would've been ok against Agro uboats, and will do good work against the party bus, but yeah, the holy grail promised hard counter is still out there.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If we don't get a fake alt-art with Nien and a comically oversized pair of sunglasses I will be immensely disappointed.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The 'promised' x-wing fix btw is from an interview after integrated astro was revealed where FFG said they were going to wait and see how it did and that they had some options open.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Why is there only one copy of Primed Thrusters? WHY?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's hosed up that there's an astromech with R in its name.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Jess is fantastic for the brick that I keep trying to play. When replacing Garven, and pumping PS to deal with PS-kills from jumps and crack/juke swarms, you get this:

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
R2-D6 1
Adaptability 0
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 26

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 25
R4-D6 1
Integrated Astromech 0

Red Squadron Pilot — X-Wing 23
R2 Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 24

Red Squadron Pilot — X-Wing 23
R2 Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 24

That's... fun, but probably not good. This, on the other hand, looks delicious to me:

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kanan Jarrus 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 58

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing 33
Lone Wolf 2
R5-P9 3
Pattern Analyzer 2
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 42

Being able to fight and regen on Tallon Rolls is just amazing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They have Jess Pava flying in the Black One painted T70 when she lacks the PS to even fly with the title.

My immersion.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I played against a Dash/Poe list yesterday. Even without the new stuff, Poe is amazing. He's so hard to kill unless you get multiple 3-die attacks on him.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
"Snap" Wexley — T-70 X-Wing 28
Veteran Instincts 1
Targeting Astromech 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 36

Jess Pava — T-70 X-Wing 25
R2-D6 1
Adaptability 0
Integrated Astromech 0

Green Squadron Pilot — A-Wing 19
Crack Shot 1
Chardaan Refit -2
Adaptability 0
A-Wing Test Pilot 0
Ship Total: 18

Green Squadron Pilot — A-Wing 19
Crack Shot 1
Chardaan Refit -2
Adaptability 0
A-Wing Test Pilot 0
Ship Total: 18

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Or how about averaging 8.5 effective actions per turn?

"Snap" Wexley — T-70 X-Wing 28
Veteran Instincts 1
Targeting Astromech 2
Pattern Analyzer 2
Vectored Thrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 36

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Push the Limit 3
Kyle Katarn 3
BB-8 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 41

Sabine Wren (TIE Fighter) — TIE Fighter 15
Veteran Instincts 1
Tactician 2
Black Market Slicer Tools 1
Sabine's Masterpiece 1
Ship Total: 20

e: This includes an initiative bid because if Snap moves after Inqy/OL he can absolutely ruin their day.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 19, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm glad Jess looks usable. I also have to say I really like Snap Wexley's design, and will be trying to use him a lot.

I have a question about Pattern Analyzer, it basically just delays when you lose your action if you take say a K-Turn, right? So you get your action the turn you K-Turn but next turn even if you green because of the swapped order you lose the action then, right?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Pattern Analyzer is a "may," so no: you're never forced into losing an action.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Eimi posted:

I'm glad Jess looks usable. I also have to say I really like Snap Wexley's design, and will be trying to use him a lot.

I have a question about Pattern Analyzer, it basically just delays when you lose your action if you take say a K-Turn, right? So you get your action the turn you K-Turn but next turn even if you green because of the swapped order you lose the action then, right?

It's a "may" ability, so you could just not use it next turn to get your stress removed on a green.

Probably.

Edit: I'll just pretend I wasn't beaten.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Eimi posted:

You get to choose the order each turn.

That means you could delay it to get an action on a turn you do a red maneuver, then on the next turn you do a green but don't delay it, so you still get an action.

I'm pretty sure you could also use this on a PTL ace to end the activation phase without a stress. Reveal a green. Delay check stress. Do action, PTL for another, receive stress. Remove stress for doing a green.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

That means you could delay it to get an action on a turn you do a red maneuver, then on the next turn you do a green but don't delay it, so you still get an action.

I'm pretty sure you could also use this on a PTL ace to end the activation phase without a stress. Reveal a green. Delay check stress. Do action, PTL for another, receive stress. Remove stress for doing a green.

This is how BB-8 Poe works so I would assume this is fine too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hey guys, Snap Shot works with Rhymer's ability. And you can put Tactician on him.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about this. Only ships that come to mind are maybe some TIE/fo. I do like that it makes the TIE/sf with its lovely dial a bit better value proposition.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Hey Strobe, you're the XXX player 'round here, what do you think of potentially replacing Luke with Snap?

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Juke (2)
R3 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

He doesn't close like Luke does, but he potentially does a lot more for the formation as a whole against lock-using Imp Aces (Inqy, OL, Vessery).

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Strobe posted:

Hey guys, Snap Shot works with Rhymer's ability. And you can put Tactician on him.

OK this could be fun as hell.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Corbeau posted:

Pattern Analyzer is a "may," so no: you're never forced into losing an action.

:psyduck: Okay, that's really really good then. And here I was bitching that it wasn't 1 point like Thrusters.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The 3 R's (Ryad, Rhymer, inquisitoR)

Major Rhymer (26)
Snap Shot (2)
Tactician (2)
Systems Officer (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Just got the call that my ships have come in at the FLGS. Think I'm gonna put together a Clone wars themed ship list.

ARC-170, Y-Wing and Z-95(s?)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

No reason why Snap Shot wouldn't work with abilities that add dice to attacks, right?

Mauler Mithel, Scourge, Zuckuss, Fenn Rau. Noice.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

No reason why Snap Shot wouldn't work with abilities that add dice to attacks, right?

Mauler Mithel, Scourge, Zuckuss, Fenn Rau. Noice.

Correct.

You can add dice, you can't add dice results.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anyone else's TTS auto dials no longer work correctly? I'm getting a merged redo/delete button for the action side and half the time it doesn't go back properly and it either gets permanently removed or unslaved. Friend has a similar problem. I think the guy was messing around with some new range quadrants for the disco ship and even that looks worse since there's now a range band gap.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Eimi posted:

:psyduck: Okay, that's really really good then. And here I was bitching that it wasn't 1 point like Thrusters.

Yeah I was thinking the way you were until it was explained here. It is unironically my top poo poo reveal of that box with just the way I can imagine comboing PTL constantly on it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Pattern Analysis makes T-70s the most maneuverable fighters in the game.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Corbeau posted:

Pattern Analysis makes TIE/sfs the most maneuverable fighters in the game.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I really love that all the new T-70 pilots look fun as gently caress to fly.

It's not going to set the world on fire, but I kind of like this trip T-70 list:

Poe Dameron (31)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Jess Pava (25)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Nien Nunb (29)
Stay On Target (2)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

canyoneer posted:

Pattern Analysis makes TIE/sf's the most maneuverable fighters in the game.

"Quickdraw" (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Special Ops Training (0)

:v:

E: not 100% sold on PTL versus maybe... lone wolf? ...but also not 100% NOT sold.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 20, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Guys Snap Shot can work with R3 Astromech, and you can fit that, AT, the new tech that is basically defensive weapon focus for 34 points. If it goes off you get a statically assured automatic three evades against a target of your choice when AT is in play.

Pre-EDIT: gently caress, R3 is primary only. :(

Goddammit FFG is the pool of things that can use R3 and wants to use a secondary weapon really so large that distinction was necessary.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

Guys Snap Shot can work with R3 Astromech, and you can fit that, AT, the new tech that is basically defensive weapon focus for 34 points. If it goes off you get a statically assured automatic three evades against a target of your choice when AT is in play.

Goddammit FFG is the pool of things that can use R3 and wants to use a secondary weapon really so large that distinction was necessary.

TLT Y-Wings, probably. (Though with that said they would really only be effective on Horton and maybe Dutch, depending on the opponent.)

Speaking of astromechs though, I was thinking about the new one that was revealed today and I had an... idea.

100 points

Pilots
------

“Dutch” Vander (33)
Y-Wing (23), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R2-D6 (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Extra Munitions (2), Autoblaster Turret (2), Guidance Chips (0), Veteran Instincts (1)

Thane Kyrell (32)
ARC-170 (26), M9-G8 (3), Weapons Engineer (3), Alliance Overhaul (0)

Shara Bey (35)
ARC-170 (28), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Veteran Instincts (1), Weapons Engineer (3), Alliance Overhaul (0), Guidance Chips (0)

AKA "Who needs predator anyway", Or, "I Hope You Like Target Locks" :v:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Not when X-Wings get Astromech slots and SFs/FOs don't.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

You just gotta believe in the Wedge life man.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Opportunist (4)
Snap Shot (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Opportunist (4)
Snap Shot (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Opportunist (4)
Snap Shot (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Opportunist (4)
Snap Shot (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)

Guys I think I found my favorite (and the most thematic hands down) use for Snap Shot.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vectored Thrusters worth it over Autothrusters in that build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Getting to where a given ship is going to end up in front of you at range one? Absolutely.

• Locked thread