Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Check Craigslist for bike postings. As someone who has two bikes stolen I feel your pain.

2016 isn't all bad guys. I just got engaged.

Your fiance probably stole his bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/777200224397824000

Frank's nose is like an optical illusion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

He has hair! I'll take that as a sign that he's doing better!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Your fiance probably stole his bike.

It all makes sense now....

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

It all makes sense now....

Well we did do some awesome off road biking this weekend. Your bike held up very well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tom King looks aggressively average.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He reminds me of David Cage.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Well we did do some awesome off road biking this weekend. Your bike held up very well.

I did some off road driving this evening to avoid t-boning another car that pulled out right in front of me on a main road and nearly slammed into a tree right after avoiding that. My vacation is off to a fine start!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

I did some off road driving this evening to avoid t-boning another car that pulled out right in front of me on a main road and nearly slammed into a tree right after avoiding that. My vacation is off to a fine start!

Avoided t-boning another car, nearly slammed into a tree. Sounds like good fortune to me!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Tom King looks aggressively average.

CIA operatives are meant to blend in.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

"2016: Let Me Tell You How Much My Life Sucks"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

END ME SCOOB posted:

September loving sucks.

I imagine November will be worse for obvious reasons.

:smugdon:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Avoided t-boning another car, nearly slammed into a tree. Sounds like good fortune to me!

It did all work out but jesus it was terrifying. Two Asian girls who were behind us when it happened did stop to make sure we were okay, and that was appreciated.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 19, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Finally got around to Vol 3 of Sex Criminals. I forgot how good that book is.

Kate Leth's Hellcat is good too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

"2016: Let Me Tell You How Much My Life Sucks"

Not only did I raise the money I needed for a new bike in less than 24 hours, I was able to raise enough to offset the GoFundMe fees and to be able to get a headlight and wheel lights. For everyone who says the internet isn't real, I was gifted more money from internet friends than my irl ones. If I add in family the internet/irl split is more 50/50. I actually feel loved after waking up and seeing that.

New bike is going to live in the house with me, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

Not only did I raise the money I needed for a new bike in less than 24 hours, I was able to raise enough to offset the GoFundMe fees and to be able to get a headlight and wheel lights. For everyone who says the internet isn't real, I was gifted more money from internet friends than my irl ones. If I add in family the internet/irl split is more 50/50. I actually feel loved after waking up and seeing that.

My buddy had his bike stolen a month or two back and so when he got a new one (courtesy of Mastercard who refunded him his money because the bike was stolen less than 2 weeks from when he bought it) he went looking for the best locks money could buy. He did get something that had a guarantee attached to it (pretty much if your bike was stolen they would buy you a new bike) but the thing weighed as much as a small baby. He has been telling me that there is some Danish company that is prototyping bikes with GPS built into them for tracking purposes though. One day though, we will live in a day without bike thieves and need for baby-weighing locks.

Also: awesome news on getting enough for a new bike!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The trick isn't getting one awesome bike lock. Any one lock no matter how good can be broken.

Buy multiple locks and chains and use them all at once. Make it a gordion knot designed to make thieves give up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

The trick isn't getting one awesome bike lock. Any one lock no matter how good can be broken.

Buy multiple locks and chains and use them all at once. Make it a gordion knot designed to make thieves give up.

You could build an entire decoy bike out of locks. When the thief finishes unlocking the last lock the bike has vanished.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If you want to have a bike, don't live in the city. That's my advice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Or just do what another one of my biking mates did. Have your totally awesome expensive insane bike for rides but also get a cheap piece of poo poo for when you need to be somewhere.

Has there ever been a bicycle themed hero/villain in comics, or is Ghost Rider the closest we will ever get?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

If you want to have a bike, don't live in the city. That's my advice.

Except that's the ideal place to have a bike. Mine live next to my bed.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm watching this old Todd McFarlane interview and it's pretty funny how he genuinely comes off as a disturbed sociopath. It's a promotional video for the Spawn video game, so it's supposed to present him in the best possible light, and there's literally a segment where he overdefensively goes "I know people say I don't write fast enough, but when I'm not doing the Spawn comic I'm MAKING TOYS! :mad: " like that makes an iota of sense.

Also there's a segment where he goes "People say I must have a disturbed mind to think up stuff like this, but I gotta tell you I sleep like a baby". Todd McFarlane is a weird, weird, weird dude.

ed - "If you had one superpower what would it be?" "World Peace." oh my god

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

I'm watching this old Todd McFarlane interview and it's pretty funny how he genuinely comes off as a disturbed sociopath. It's a promotional video for the Spawn video game, so it's supposed to present him in the best possible light, and there's literally a segment where he overdefensively goes "I know people say I don't write fast enough, but when I'm not doing the Spawn comic I'm MAKING TOYS! :mad: " like that makes an iota of sense.

Also there's a segment where he goes "People say I must have a disturbed mind to think up stuff like this, but I gotta tell you I sleep like a baby". Todd McFarlane is a weird, weird, weird dude.

ed - "If you had one superpower what would it be?" "World Peace." oh my god

Todd's been a weird dick for a long time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think if you get rich doing so little, it's definitely going to gently caress your head up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I can't believe Todd McFarlane is Reaper.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw that on the Giantbomb vid you probably did too.
His two little daughters in pink princess dresses were a hilarious juxtaposition. Seemed like he was a good dad while being 90's comic man, which is all that matters :)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I saw that on the Giantbomb vid you probably did too.
His two little daughters in pink princess dresses were a hilarious juxtaposition. Seemed like he was a good dad while being 90's comic man, which is all that matters :)

Yeah that's where I saw it.

It's more that I expected the guy who created the most 90s comic ever to be a weird introvert, not basically Patrick Bateman as Giant Bomb pointed out.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Soonmot posted:

That's really awesome. After all the bullshit my girlfriend and I have been through this year, she surprised me by telling me she's taking me on a vacation in a couple months.

All of us have been through a lot, but life is good, comics are good, and there's good people to talk about it all with.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Is Todd the one who took a profile photo for some convention program with his shirt off holding a katana? Or was that Liefeld?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't know anything about Tom DeFalco's work. Is he any good? Because he's the latest person to be snapped up for an ongoing from Archie, this one in particular is a Reggie comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Argue posted:

I don't know anything about Tom DeFalco's work. Is he any good? Because he's the latest person to be snapped up for an ongoing from Archie, this one in particular is a Reggie comic.

He's the last person I'd expect them to hire to work on the modernized Archie universe. Dude is old and his writing style is very dated.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Todd has always come across to me as someone with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rhyno posted:

He's the last person I'd expect them to hire to work on the modernized Archie universe. Dude is old and his writing style is very dated.

Is Archie so far down the irony turnpike that they're going with an ironically retro creator?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He's the opposite of as humble as a person who got extremely rich and famous because of the ephemeral and unpredictable whims of the comic industry circa 1990 should reasonably be. I'm not saying shaking up the visual look of Spider-Man wasn't a positive change and long overdue and he's contributed permanently to the legacy of the character but dude acts like he's the some kind of impossibly prescient business savant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

He's the opposite of as humble as a person who got extremely rich and famous because of the ephemeral and unpredictable whims of the comic industry circa 1990 should reasonably be. I'm not saying shaking up the visual look of Spider-Man wasn't a positive change and long overdue and he's contributed permanently to the legacy of the character but dude acts like he's the some kind of impossibly prescient business savant.

He lost a fuckload of money buying those homerun balls. He paid $3 MILLION dollars for that McGwire ball and Beckett recently reported that post steroid scandal the ball has lost 75% of it's value.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rhyno posted:

He lost a fuckload of money buying those homerun balls. He paid $3 MILLION dollars for that McGwire ball and Beckett recently reported that post steroid scandal the ball has lost 75% of it's value.
That's completely insane.

They still publish Beckett? Unbelievable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edge & Christian posted:

That's completely insane.

They still publish Beckett? Unbelievable.

Heh.

At one point Beckett had 5 monthly, 4 quarterly and 4 annual publications. I believe they are down to one. Their website is thriving though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

On the one hand goddamn, but on the other that was a stupid purchase anyways and lol

• Locked thread