Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Teemu Pokemon posted:

This seems more like reputation than fact because he's been kind of a goober in Minnesota tbh

He's had dogshit to work with. Teddy is not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Golden Tate a good buy-low in PPR? Looks like he's being fairly heavily targeted but it's reportedly all around the LOS. Pass game could get more volume with Ameer out too maybe?

I'd say he is in PPR, especially with a game coming up against the packers that could turn into a shootout.

Although don't take my advice as i'm currently trying to offload him.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

timp posted:

I'd classify him as a competent handcuff a la DeAngelo Williams or Spencer Ware.

LOL. No.

As a Jonathan Stewart owner (and former owner), I can tell you that he's good for about 40 to 80 yards a game, and rarely gets touchdowns. Fozzy, best case, is still not even going to be the goal line back, that will almost certainly be Mike Tolbert. Plus Stewart is only supposed to miss a week or two. I wouldn't waste any FAAB $ or blow your waiver position on him at all. Try to pick him up as a free agent after he clears waivers (if he does).

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

pmchem posted:

The League of Posts still has an opening! Please give us a shot, thanks. I know you all lost your RBs and WRs to injuries already in every other league.

Are you going to be doing this everytime someone doesn't follow your dumb posting rules?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

jabro posted:

Are you going to be doing this everytime someone doesn't follow your dumb posting rules?

It's the most minimal of requirements, just shitpost in the thread once a week.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

jabro posted:

At least you're matching shitpost for post, thanks.

The guy we're trying to replace said he wanted to return this summer but then hasn't been heard from since and missed the draft. Sorry, just trying to have fun playing fantasy football with goons if that's alright with you.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

jabro posted:

This thread doesn't move fast enough for this to even be an issue.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Darren Sproles: Feature Back

https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/777655051020038144

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
my big gay team is dead with Baldwin and AP getting hurt, and now I probably have to trade off Allen Robinson for some combo like Spencer Ware/Cruz because I totally hosed up my drafting.

Ride or die with Charles AND Ware every week!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

quote:

1. Devonta Freeman will have fewer rushing yards this year than Ameer Abdullah.
2. At most, only a single one of the "tier 1" Running Backs in ppr (David Johnson, Gurley, Miller, and Zeke) will actually finish in the top 5.
3. Derrick Henry will have more touchdowns and a higher yards per carry than DeMarco, and will be the starter by the end of the season.
4. Thomas Rawls will gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage.
5. Jerick McKinnon will have his first 20-carry game this season.
6. Tyler Ervin (RB94) will have a better year than Javorius Allen (RB53).
7. Larry Fitzgerald is once again being underdrafted (i.e. will finish better than WR27 in ppr).
8. Keenan Allen finishes top 5 in targets.
9. Kenny Stills (Rank WR69) has a better year than DeVante Parker (Rank WR38)
10. Malcolm Mitchell (ranked WR85) will be one of the top 3 rookie receivers this year.
11. Willie Snead (ranked WR40) will finish in the top 25 among ppr WRs.
12. Zach Miller (TE18 ADP) and Charles Clay (TE 21 ADP) both finish in the top 10 among TEs. Martellus Bennett does not.
13. Matthew Stafford (QB 17 ADP) and Jay Cutler (QB 28 ADP) are the two quarterbacks that beat their draft position by the biggest margin.
14. Danny Woohead catches more passes this year than Travis Kelce.
15. Either the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Oakland Raiders finish top 10 in team rushing yards (last year: 27 and 28 respectively)

I'm a fraud basically flippin' coins over here bro.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

He's had dogshit to work with. Teddy is not very good.

*runs Peterson off left guard 25 times a game*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Snead, Fitzy, McKinnon calls all looking good

what is a tyler ervin

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I should probably hold on to Randall Cobb, despite this first two weeks of total dogshit performance?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MrSargent posted:

This thread doesn't move fast enough for this to even be an issue.

I'm making it an issue because I'm down 15 points and only have Connor effin Barwin left! I want everyone to feel my despair.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Snead, Fitzy, McKinnon calls all looking good

what is a tyler ervin

Luckily I recently read an excellent instruction manual about how focusing on my "hits" and aggressively obfuscating my "misses" will encourage people to believe that I have magical powers am very good at this.

Tyler Ervin was the guy who cut everybody's hair at San Jose State.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

sector_corrector posted:

So I should probably hold on to Randall Cobb, despite this first two weeks of total dogshit performance?

He was dogshit last year too (yes I know he hurt his shoulder and didn't have Nelson). I would try to trade him if you can. He's not just going to turn it around and go off in a bunch of weeks.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

*runs Peterson off left guard 25 times a game*

My frustration, in printed form

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
12 team league, only 3 teams scored enough to beat me in both weeks. 0-2 start. My roster is solid but that's a terrible way to start.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
For real how bad is trading away Allen Robinson for Ware and Cruz or Tate? I've got Charles and his big dead knee, and just lost AP for however long. I'm first on waiver order so can get Mckinnon, and am currently relying on Coleman to be my RB2 (I dont even want to talk about how my baby mama scheduled a family dinner during my draft) so really need to help. My other receivers are Floyd/Crabtree/Baldwin so I am not really in a good boat to sell os low on Robison, but am literally D-E-D at RB.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RocktheCaulk posted:

For real how bad is trading away Allen Robinson for Ware and Cruz or Tate? I've got Charles and his big dead knee, and just lost AP for however long. I'm first on waiver order so can get Mckinnon, and am currently relying on Coleman to be my RB2 (I dont even want to talk about how my baby mama scheduled a family dinner during my draft) so really need to help. My other receivers are Floyd/Crabtree/Baldwin so I am not really in a good boat to sell os low on Robison, but am literally D-E-D at RB.

Get McKinnon and don't sell low on Arob.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

This. Picking up AP's handcuff is better than selling your WR1 for an eventual handcuff (maybe rbbc) and a WR3.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

LmaoTheKid posted:

VietCampo posted:

This. Picking up AP's handcuff is better than selling your WR1 for an eventual handcuff (maybe rbbc) and a WR3.

I mean the appeal of ride or dying with both Chiefs with Captain Checkdown at QB is tempting, but I'll try riding it out with Mckinnon. No one is going to stack 9 in the box against him hopefully.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After that Ryan Mathews touchdown I'm up .06 in standard with my Ryan Mathews vs his Jordan Matthews...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RocktheCaulk posted:

I mean the appeal of ride or dying with both Chiefs with Captain Checkdown at QB is tempting, but I'll try riding it out with Mckinnon. No one is going to stack 9 in the box against him hopefully.

Are you a KC fan? that doesn't sound tempting at all. You can't afford to trade Arob, and especially not for that package.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

After that Ryan Mathews touchdown I'm up .06 in standard with my Ryan Mathews vs his Jordan Matthews...

At least you're likely to see what they do. I'm in a nailbiter with my Rodney McLeod vs his Vinny Curry

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Are you a KC fan? that doesn't sound tempting at all. You can't afford to trade Arob, and especially not for that package.

No, not at all. I just had hopes they would both get me 15-20 a game and bring in a new Era or RBBC!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RocktheCaulk posted:

No, not at all. I just had hopes they would both get me 15-20 a game and bring in a new Era or RBBC!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RocktheCaulk posted:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That gif is gonna get so much fuckin run in this thread

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

who would get the better of a shady for allen robinson trade (no ppr)

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Arctic Baldwin posted:

who would get the better of a shady for allen robinson trade (no ppr)
The guy getting A-Rob wins. Bills will be a trainwreck this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

The guy getting A-Rob wins. Bills will be a trainwreck this year.

This. ARob is getting the targets. He will be fine. The old running back who just lost his OC is not a good return.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Wrong thread

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
So another possible trade in havens A Rob and Charles for Doug Martin and his handcuff and Victor Cruz. Thoughts on that? I still think it's an overpay but with getting McKinnon and having AP on the shelf for a few weeks I'll have a legit RB1 and have enough receivers to cover for losing an underperforming A Rob.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RocktheCaulk posted:

So another possible trade in havens A Rob and Charles for Doug Martin and his handcuff and Victor Cruz. Thoughts on that? I still think it's an overpay but with getting McKinnon and having AP on the shelf for a few weeks I'll have a legit RB1 and have enough receivers to cover for losing an underperforming A Rob.

Absolutely not. Stop trying to squeeze water from this stone. Take McKinnon and sit tight with Arob. Stop this malarky.

E: loving poo poo, this is awful.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Absolutely not. Stop trying to squeeze water from this stone. Take McKinnon and sit tight with Arob. Stop this malarky.

E: loving poo poo, this is

[quote="LmaoTheKid" post="464441788"]

E: loving poo poo, this is awful.

See this is what I need to hear. Thank you goon!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RocktheCaulk posted:

I think you need a time out from trades.

That's terrible

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RocktheCaulk posted:

Any more suggestions on how to sabotage your roster?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

RocktheCaulk posted:

See this is what I need to hear. Thank you goon!

Yeah don't bail on ARob yet dude, he's still getting over 10 targets a game. He will eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Sataere posted:

Any more suggestions on how to sabotage your roster?

Take Asiata instead of McKinnon?

• Locked thread