Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Kecleon is one of my altime favorites (especially with protean) I recently received Skunky from wondertrade in my wonderlock and I really like it too. Skunktank however is gross. A bunch of unevolved forms are actually on point, its their evolutions that can really kill the line. Pumpkaboo is adorable as hell, with Gourgeist being the emo squash I never knew I needed. I love dratini and dragonair, but absolutely don't like dragonite.

OH, and surskit- Leave that majestic Masquerain alone. Most bug stats are horrible but Masquerain has a decent move pool. Can Butterfree learn scald? Didn't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

beautiful

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So due to a friends request I'm trying to build a Trick room team around this guy because he can actually hit like loving truck if he doesn't instantly dies. Slowbro for set up and annoyance, and MegaAmpharos as a back up sweeper is all I have so far. Anyone have any ideas for the team?

You could try a trickroom/rain team- Doesn't he also have swift swim as an option?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

HopperUK posted:

Who is everyone's favourite unevolved pokemon, not in terms of usability, just in terms of how excellent they are?

too bad he's doomed to a three levels 'til evolution life.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love him

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

cancerianmoth posted:

You could try a trickroom/rain team- Doesn't he also have swift swim as an option?

Yeah but If I've got Trick Room up in Rain that will only gently caress Armaldo over and if I have just Rain up base 90 speed is still not great for a guy that's probably not gonna survive more than 2 hits.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't know how good they are outside of doubles but trick room makes me think of choice specs/pixie plate sylveon and megs mawile. and maybe like conkeldurr or the nucleus bear

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sheer force conk would be pretty good yeah; big boy beats up steels and gives you a rock resist

mawile is outlawed though

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
slow fire type could be mega camerupt, emboar, uhhhh

heatran kind of but not really

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I feel sorry for you guys and your bad taste on who is the best unevolved Pokemon when clearly:

Totodile not being able to learn all the dance moves and being part of Tierno's team is one of the greatest failures of Gen 6 :colbert:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

lezard_valeth posted:

I feel sorry for you guys and your bad taste on who is the best unevolved Pokemon when clearly:

Totodile not being able to learn all the dance moves and being part of Tierno's team is one of the greatest failures of Gen 6 :colbert:

I think this post alone made me love Totodile.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The Totodile line is perfect, even if the middle evolution is a weird caveman

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Is that Meowth's tail he is biting in the last gif? :kimchi:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

totodile is a bitey little crocodile friend who turns into a bigger friend over time and that's just beautiful

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Woopers, you guys. Woopers are the best.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah but If I've got Trick Room up in Rain that will only gently caress Armaldo over and if I have just Rain up base 90 speed is still not great for a guy that's probably not gonna survive more than 2 hits.

the strategy is to not use them at the same time. If someone takes out your trickroom setter- you still have rain to boost others on your team and protect any pokemon with fire weakness (megamawile, escavalier, megaaggron). When the opponent sees your team in the preview, they won't know if you'll be sending in pokemon that use rain or trickroom. In the rain Armaldo could have a boosted Aqua Jet priority. You'll also have 100% accuracy with electric moves and reduced fire dmg. It's something to consider.

And in battle, realistically, if your pokemon isn't a wall of some sort, with reliable recovery, its not going to last more than 2 hits anyway.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 20, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Totodile dances, bites, and sounds like Donald Duck which makes it the best Water starter.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Totodile dances, bites, and sounds like Donald Duck which makes it the best Water starter.

if it dances like a duck and bites like a duck and sounds like a duck...

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Favorite Unevolved Pokemon is definitely this little duder:

And the Honorable Mention which didn't make the cut because it technically is an evolved pokemon but not a FULLY evolved pokemon:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Is that Meowth's tail he is biting in the last gif? :kimchi:

its a cigarette

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

And in battle, realistically, if your pokemon isn't a wall of some sort, with reliable recovery, its not going to last more than 2 hits anyway.

have you met my friend rocky helmet garchomp

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Hardcordion posted:

This is the answer right here.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

have you met my friend rocky helmet garchomp

to be fair most of the stuff you're switching bulky chomp into are things like 40 or 70 bp moves like fake out or uturn

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

to be fair most of the stuff you're switching bulky chomp into are things like 40 or 70 bp moves like fake out or uturn

I will switch him into specs keldeo scalds without fear

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Hardcordion posted:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
The best unevolved pokemon by far.

As far as stuff that works well in trick room goes. Good stuff that can use fire attacks can also include Marowak with fire punch or Octillery with fire blast or flamethrower. Machamp in general is great as is Conkeldurr. Dragalge is awesome as a special attacker. If you can use a second Mega Mawile and Camerupt are both amazing and trick room.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 20, 2016

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama

less laughter posted:

Isn't Fighting/Flying/Rock one as well?

I'd like a game with starters as fight>dark>psychic, despite the Immunity dark gets in that trio, could be an excuse for a psychic/bug dual type. I am looking forward to a team with nothing but Alolan forms. Sandslash, Ninetales, Exeggutor, Meowth, Raticate, and Marowak, But i know i wont be able to get them all at once, i know, at the very least, that Marowak requires defeating a trial captain.

edit: oh god, exeggutor

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

But the 6th Gen starters' sub type are Fighting/Dark/Psychic...

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Hardcordion posted:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to post the objectively correct answer.

:wooper: :wooper: :wooper:

although Goomy is a close second.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Totodile guy is the only person who is now allowed to post

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GreatMrPopo posted:

, i know, at the very least, that Marowak requires defeating a trial captain.

Er, what? All we know is the fire guardian is an Alola Marowack, but being the signature pokemon of a mid-game boss has never prevented you from getting that pokemon?

I honestly can only think of a handful of gyms that even have pokemon you can't get before then.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

GreatMrPopo posted:

I'd like a game with starters as fight>dark>psychic, despite the Immunity dark gets in that trio, could be an excuse for a psychic/bug dual type.

The problem with using those three types is that they don't have enough resistances, and they're usually not as colorful either. Fire/Water/Grass is easy to remember and much easier to design in a way where the type is obvious. For instance, there's no consistent, easy to distinguish color scheme for fighting and psychic types.

quote:

I am looking forward to a team with nothing but Alolan forms. Sandslash, Ninetales, Exeggutor, Meowth, Raticate, and Marowak, But i know i wont be able to get them all at once, i know, at the very least, that Marowak requires defeating a trial captain.

edit: oh god, exeggutor

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

The problem with using those three types is that they don't have enough resistances, and they're usually not as colorful either. Fire/Water/Grass is easy to remember and much easier to design in a way where the type is obvious. For instance, there's no consistent, easy to distinguish color scheme for fighting and psychic types.

Not to mention that the Grass/Fire/Water type triangle is the perfect method to teach new players about Pokémon's main battle mechanic, type match ups. It's easy to understand the logic behind why Fire is good against Grass and bad against Water. You can't exactly do the same with a Fighting/Psychic/Dark triangle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
there would probably be cubones you can catch around that island, anyway. Just like rollerskate girl and her Lucario.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Zore posted:

Er, what? All we know is the fire guardian is an Alola Marowack, but being the signature pokemon of a mid-game boss has never prevented you from getting that pokemon?

I honestly can only think of a handful of gyms that even have pokemon you can't get before then.

Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Koga, and potentially Blaine is already a handful in just gen 1. Bugsy, Whitney, potentially Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce and Clair for gen 2. I'm out of hands and have 4 more gens to go.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

The cold dead eyes have seen far too much.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Tired Moritz posted:

Can someone rate my poketeam?

Chatot @ Focus Sash
Ability: Keen Eye
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chatter