Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

el dingo posted:

Gareth Williams. Unsolved IIRC, though I think the Met claimed it was a 'bondage accident'. Shouldn't be too hard to google up whatever info is available if you're inclined.

Man just refreshed my memory on Wikipedia. No less hosed up than I remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
In 1993 the north tower of the WTC was bombed. One of the co-conspirators was caught when we returned to the Ryder office to report that his van was stolen and he wanted his deposit back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Jose posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

Gary webb wrote a series of articles about the CIA and crack and then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head twice

Lots of people manage in inflict nonfatal wounds to their heads before they manage to hit home. I think this came up earlier in the thread in fact, somebody posted an account of a guy who shot himself several times with a shotgun before it finally worked.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Do not kill yourself with a gun. It is messy and unreliable. There are much better ways to kill yourself.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Lots of people manage in inflict nonfatal wounds to their heads before they manage to hit home. I think this came up earlier in the thread in fact, somebody posted an account of a guy who shot himself several times with a shotgun before it finally worked.

One of the first shock images i ever saw was rotten.com's famous motorcycle.jpg which was purportedly an attempted shotgun suicide and that dude looked alive to me.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD
An Asian mystic perpetrated the most extensive bioterror attack in US history in order to rig local elections, along with a handful of attempted assassinations. He was deported as a result and, despite his crimes, continues to be very popular among new-age types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh

Dude had 93 Rolls Royces. So much for rising above materialism.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Volcott posted:

Do not kill yourself with a gun. It is messy and unreliable. There are much better ways to kill yourself.

Poison yourself, light yourself on fire, slit your wrists, THEN shoot yourself in the head while leaning over the edge of a high building.

Or use an exit bag. Whatever.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
His ultimate goal was allegedly to have a different Rolls Royce to use every day of the year.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Did we talk about this guy already? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Malloy

An apparently pretty hardcore alcoholic, a bar owner and co-conspirators took out a life insurance policy on this guy and gave him an unlimited tab, hoping he'd drink himself to death. When that didn't happen, they get him poisoned oysters, made him drinks with methanol, fed him metal objects, rat poison, glycol, all sorts of nasty poo poo, but each time he lived. They hit him with a car, and tried to freeze him to death. He didn't die until the poisoned him with gas, and were eventually caught.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

AKA Pseudonym posted:

A dude I went to high school with shot himself in the head and didn't die; he then realized he'd forgotten to write a suicide note so wrapped a towel around his head, scribbled out a quick note, then succeeded with the second shot.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
A girl at the high school where my uncle taught shot herself with a .22. She managed to crawl all over the house for almost an hour, smearing blood and brains everywhere, until she actually succumbed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

two forty posted:

Did we talk about this guy already? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Malloy

An apparently pretty hardcore alcoholic, a bar owner and co-conspirators took out a life insurance policy on this guy and gave him an unlimited tab, hoping he'd drink himself to death. When that didn't happen, they get him poisoned oysters, made him drinks with methanol, fed him metal objects, rat poison, glycol, all sorts of nasty poo poo, but each time he lived. They hit him with a car, and tried to freeze him to death. He didn't die until the poisoned him with gas, and were eventually caught.

They were caught because the conspirators started telling the story at bars

Because, gently caress, how could you not tell that story?

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Bonzo posted:

In 1993 the north tower of the WTC was bombed. One of the co-conspirators was caught when we returned to the Ryder office to report that his van was stolen and he wanted his deposit back.

Timothy McVeigh got caught very quickly during an ordinary traffic stop because he was driving in Oklahoma that afternoon in a car with no license plate. I'm sure they would have found him fast anyway though.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Bonzo posted:

Bonzo posted:

when we returned

I was gonna make a wicked joke about "looks like we've found the other person" but they already did that IRL so joke ruined

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

Poison yourself, light yourself on fire, slit your wrists, THEN shoot yourself in the head while leaning over the edge of a high building.

Or use an exit bag. Whatever.

Paging Enfield.

Actually that is a pretty good thread anyways. Have a link! I think all the photos work still too:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675200

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

They were caught because the conspirators started telling the story at bars

Because, gently caress, how could you not tell that story?

Reminds me of that video where the two woman would argue over whos fault it was they got caught for murdering a bunch of homeless guys. They would both cuss and blame each other in loud whispers every time the cops would leave the interview room.. somehow completely failing to see the enormous camera set up facing them less than a meter away. Cops just left them to it at the end.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Wintermutant posted:

A dude I went to high school with shot himself in the head and didn't die; he then realized he'd forgotten to write a suicide note so wrapped a towel around his head, scribbled out a quick note, then succeeded with the second shot.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEPh_KlTyII

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wintermutant posted:

When I was young I remember it being a pretty big news story in my area that some teenager was loving around with a nail gun and accidentally put one into his skull. It apparently hurt so bad the kid thought he was going to die, so he just started firing them off into his skull to try and finish himself off. He ended up with 7 nails lodged in various parts of his skull but still didn't die. A family member found him like an hour later and took him to the hospital. He lived, but I have no idea how hosed up he was from it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tequila Sunrise posted:

When I was young I remember it being a pretty big news story in my area that some teenager was loving around with a nail gun and accidentally put one into his skull. It apparently hurt so bad the kid thought he was going to die, so he just started firing them off into his skull to try and finish himself off. He ended up with 7 nails lodged in various parts of his skull but still didn't die. A family member found him like an hour later and took him to the hospital. He lived, but I have no idea how hosed up he was from it.

Jesus christ

I was walking with a bunch of idiots through our wood shop in high school, and one of them randomly grabs a nailgun, points it out the open garage door of the building and fires a few times. He missed the top of someone's head who was walking across the street by probably less than an inch.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Remember when Paris Hilton's T-Mobile Sidekick got hacked in 2005? A bunch of goons recorded calls to celebrities from her address book; are those still floating around out there? I might need to go dig out my old hard drive that would have them saved.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

504 posted:

Reminds me of that video where the two woman would argue over whos fault it was they got caught for murdering a bunch of homeless guys. They would both cuss and blame each other in loud whispers every time the cops would leave the interview room.. somehow completely failing to see the enormous camera set up facing them less than a meter away. Cops just left them to it at the end.

What story is this?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Why does he look down like he's thinking really hard? :lol: That is a hilarious ad.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Leon Einstein posted:

Why does he look down like he's thinking really hard? :lol: That is a hilarious ad.

He needs to draw strength to hate the mud races as hard as he does.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I knew a guy who killed himself with an M-16 in Afghanistan and there were four bullet holes in the wall above his bunk. His door was locked from the inside, so nobody else could have been there, but one hole was a little farther away from the other three. Apparently the first round didn't do it, so he set it on 3-round burst for the second try.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

AKA Pseudonym posted:

A cousin sat on her porch and shot herself but didn't die. Instead of her husband finding her, her son came home first and discovered barely-alive but very gruesomely wounded mom who managed to croak out 'this is better for everyone' and then dying.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zahgaegun posted:

A cousin sat on her porch and shot herself but didn't die. Instead of her husband finding her, her son came home first and discovered barely-alive but very gruesomely wounded mom who managed to croak out 'this is better for everyone' and then dying.

Jesus, that's gotta gently caress a kid up for drat sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Nah, it was better for everyone. She even said.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Only if he had to finish her off.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Did he finger the bullet hole?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfMzK7QwfrU

not :nws: video cuts out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

did they prove it was an accident?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

age 9 snypa

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

My home state of Alabama has locked down several schools because of threats of clowns on the premises

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/09/clown_facebook_post_puts_anoth.html

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

china bot posted:

age 9 snypa

fucckkkk

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Deep Fried was ahead of the game with the clown thing: http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2016/07/15/costume-drama-7/

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

china bot posted:

age 9 snypa

lmao

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

synthetik posted:

What story is this?

Bit of digging got it http://crimejail.com/american-greed-black-widows-helen-golay/

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

proof of concept posted:

for anyone who doesn't get what's up with that photoshop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0
http://11foot8.com/

I've seen this before but when the RVs get their skylight dome things swept off I can't not laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's my favorite too, because those are actually their air conditioning units

• Locked thread