Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Three Olives is very feisty tonight.

hello thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Weeping Wound posted:

hello thread

Luckily so is Baloogan

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm trying to watch season 1 of the x files but this episode with the space shuttle doesn't make any sense at all

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Karl Sharks posted:

https://twitter.com/darth/status/778074490043412480

if this happens, i'll accept white jesus into my heart and go to church every sunday

tbf bush the elder being capable of stumping for either campaign would be huge news as well

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

St. Louis, Missouri
April 12, 2022

Trump's Eagles, a white supremacist militia that emerged after the collapse of federal control in the Midwest, has called for its supporters to boycott Tootsie Rolls. The group's leadership issued a statement proclaiming the boycott after Tootsie Roll Industries refused to put out white chocolate varieties of their popular candies.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Benny D posted:

I'm trying to watch season 1 of the x files but this episode with the space shuttle doesn't make any sense at all

Ugh it sucks skip it
I fell asleep watching it and the most i got out of it was the face on mars is haunting NASA? It's never mentioned again

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Benny D posted:

It had some brilliant moments but on the whole it's not as good as people remember.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/778055882932387840

hell yeah love the online

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A funny/depressing thing about the X-Files now is watching it and seeing how many of the conspiracies could probably become/already are mainstream republican beliefs

Alex Jones was the revival series Deep Throat character. it was weird

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrn_26ILM5o

Alex Jones loved that poo poo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Three Olives posted:

As someone that can be frankly kind of a dick to people for my own amusement I have to say after you get out of teens there is a very distinct difference between people that don't understand social cues and those that don't care about them because it suits their interests including entertainment.

You have to keep in mind that most children are manipulative, selfish assholes, you can only really understand if it is because they are manipulative selfish assholes because they are children or because they are doing it for fun, that comes with maturity.

what about people who don't understand social cues but pretend they're ignoring them, three "literally cannot stop himself from talking about how rich he is" olives

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

hello thread

hiya weepin

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

EngineerSean posted:

You're not going to see any citations on it because not only is it an unpopular subject, like overmedicating kids, but it's a difficult to define problem. If there exists a spectrum and we're all on it, then what I just said is that doctors have a tendency to place people too far on the left of a sliding scale from (autistic ----- normal). The problem is is that once you're labeled autistic, that's it, you're no longer normal. However, if you really don't believe me, my suggestion would be to go to your local school that has a puzzle piece on the outside of it and take a look at the kids. There's a stark contrast between the kids who are pants making GBS threads retards and the ones who are playing completely normally, even though the latter group of kids will be (nearly) as stigmatized as the former group.

except i can easily google for articles covering the topic of overmedication

it honestly just feels like you're talking out of your rear end a bit w/r/t autism

i mean this isn't some poo poo you can just throw around willy-nilly like adhd

https://depts.washington.edu/dbpeds/Screening%20Tools/DSM-5(ASD.Guidelines)Feb2013.pdf

https://princetonnassaupediatrics.com/files/dsm-criteria-for-adhd-handout.pdf

seriously, compare the two and see which would be much easier to have a heavy hand in diagnosing, especially considering the age at which most are diagnosed

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 20, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:smugdon:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Karl Sharks posted:

it honestly just feels like you're talking out of your rear end a bit w/r/t autism

look I ain't the one who posted an article that says your job choice correlates with how damaged your kid's brain is

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Doctor: Looks like this child has webbed feet. Tell me, you're not a fisherman, are you?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

look I ain't the one who posted an article that says your job choice correlates with how damaged your kid's brain is

lmao all right

you obviously don't know what the gently caress you're talking about

e: ps, just so you don't look like a big ol' idiot next time the topic comes up, when i referred to the spectrum, i'm referring to the APA's recent shift from separating autism and asperger's into two separate disorders compared to now where they put them together under autism spectrum disorder, so someone who previously was diagnosed with asperger's would simply be on the 'lighter' end of the autism spectrum

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 20, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l8CTAZCv7w

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Well we're not going to come to a consensus on this tonight, but I implore you to take what I've said to heart. And also to eat your Skittles one at a time.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

Well we're not going to come to a consensus on this tonight, but I implore you to take what I've said to heart. And also to eat your Skittles one at a time.

i'll take a look at my local school to spot the "pants making GBS threads retards" sometime

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karl Sharks posted:

i'll take a look at my local school to spot the "pants making GBS threads retards" sometime

dont doxx me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

oh wow this made me bother to read his posts and this was a thing he said

yikes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hey baloogan, check your pm :h:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I miss lime Skittles. Apple just doesn't mesh with the other flavors like lime did.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/778111200051822592

ok now everyone can panic

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Hey at least I can tell three people who have no idea what they're talking about if they think there are no pants shitters at autism schools.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

Hey at least I can tell three people who have no idea what they're talking about if they think there are no pants shitters at autism schools.

autism schools, eh?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

honey, i'm not sure if we should get a house here, did you see the autism school down the road? there's at least 10 pants making GBS threads retards for every kid who can't pick up on minor social cues

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Karl Sharks posted:

autism schools, eh?

autism madrassas

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What a great name for a podcast. :3:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

autism madrassas

we're getting reports of children being self-autismed, learning how to make a poo poo bomb in their pants using only stuff from their mom's kitchen!!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Atrocious Joe posted:

A funny/depressing thing about the X-Files now is watching it and seeing how many of the conspiracies could probably become/already are mainstream republican beliefs

Alex Jones was the revival series Deep Throat character. it was weird

I too do believe there's a cult of sexy vampires who want to make love to me.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what did you learn today at autism school

a lot, about something really specific

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

I too do believe there's a cult of sexy vampires who want to make love to me.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

what did you learn today at autism school

a lot, about something really specific

gently caress hardest i've laughed all day at least

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
drat, this place gets weird at night.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
I was looking at John Bolton's Wikipedia page and apparently Trump has named him as a possible SoS. So that means that Trump's cabinet is (so far):

State: John Bolton
Defense: Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III
Treasury: (((Carly Icahn)))
Attorney General: Rudy Giuliani

And I can't imagine it gets any better from there.

Fake edit:

I eat my Skittles like this:

Purple, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, red, green, yellow, orange, purple, red, green, yellow, orange, etc.

So it goes from bad to best and then repeats until there aren't any left. If green has been changed to green apple I'm going to have to revisit this system.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Am I a moron if I don't understand the skittles metaphor? You shuffle them around in your hand and one of them falls on the floor for some reason and this has to do with refugees or terrorism or something because....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ausmund posted:

Am I a moron if I don't understand the skittles metaphor? You shuffle them around in your hand and one of them falls on the floor for some reason and this has to do with refugees or terrorism or something because....?
time works the same way

• Locked thread