Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RBA Starblade posted:

In Skyrim you can also just put a bucket over the shopkeeper's head.

I can confirm that this method does not work at Target, but it does work at Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The people who work there have more simplistic AI than even skyrim npc's, so that's to be expected.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

jonathan posted:

Found a neat glitch. Those floating bot things that unlock your weapon and then you punch it. Well in one level it takes off and then you find it as a secret by using a crane to move a platform to get to it.

Ok well I ran up to it at the beginning before It floated off, I managed to double jump to it and hit the button. I got stuck to it and it carried me all the way up to the secret area.

In the same level there is a platform you can stand on and all the enemies stop moving. You can just kill them. The ones who through fireballs will still shoot at you but won't move.
I've found a few other little glitches in my current Nightmare run, having to do with I assume some kind of triggers in the maps for activating enemies. Perhaps these were found earlier but I didn't read from the start of this thread:

* In the Argent Facility, when going through the upper door to that Terrarium Lab (i.e. some kind of plant lab) near the top of the facility, if you retreat and fall back to the area with the Gore Nest, the enemies will disappear and reset themselves in the Lab area. So you can just pop-up, trigger the enemies, kill a few, and fall back and repeat to get a bunch of glory kills or special kills for your weapons-mod bonuses;

* Also, in that same upper area in Argent Facility with the Gore Nest, if you destroy the nest and then run off from the area, if you get far enough away the enemies seem to implode or destroy themselves. The area with that Gore Nest is not locked down, so I was running from the Hell Knight and dropped a few floors to the bottom, and then I heard some squishing sounds and received the triggered message the demonic presence was reduced. I went back upstairs and saw remnants of a health-shard dropped from one of the dead enemies right before it vanished;

* Also, a minor thing, but for the weapon's mods, once you buy up all the upgrades for a particular mod, you have to meet some kill-objective to get the bonus upgrade (like the Devastator Rounds for the Scope mod for the Heavy Assault Rifle). For example, to activate the bonus mod for the HAR you have to get 50 headshots. Turns out the total headshot counts are kept even if you die and reload.

So once you purchase all the upgrades for a particular weapon mod, and then reach a saving checkpoint, you could play to score all the special-kill points you need without concern of losing any points when dying.

I discovered this accidentally while trying to get through a close-quarters area in Argent Facility that had spawning Hell Knights, resulting in me having to do several reloads. At the time I was also trying for the headshots for the scope bonus, and noticed I was not losing any kill points. There's really no point to requiring an unlock for the bonus upgrade if you can spend a little time racking up points and reloading.

But again, just a minor quip.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 17, 2016

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RBA Starblade posted:

In Skyrim you can also just put a bucket over the shopkeeper's head.

Somehow the elder scrolls games brings out the kleptomaniac in me. I steal everything that is not nailed down. I wish i knew of this bucket trick when i played the game. Would save me a lot of hassle with sneaking around!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just got to play this a bit on a 650Ti Boost for now - is Vulkan still not possible with 2GB on Win 7?

nnnotime posted:

I've found a few other little glitches in my current Nightmare run, having to do with I assume some kind of triggers in the maps for activating enemies. Perhaps these were found earlier but I didn't read from the start of this thread:

* In the Argent Facility, when going through the upper door to that Terrarium Lab (i.e. some kind of plant lab) near the top of the facility, if you retreat and fall back to the area with the Gore Nest, the enemies will disappear and reset themselves in the Lab area. So you can just pop-up, trigger the enemies, kill a few, and fall back and repeat to get a bunch of glory kills or special kills for your weapons-mod bonuses;
Just noticed that too since it was pretty easy to discover. Some imps rushed me so I retreated and jumped off the ledge, causing them to reset as you describe.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So apparently I got hit with the glitch in Kadingir Sanctum where my earn 4 tokens challenge did not save correctly so now that challenge is at 1/4 with all 4 tokens collected.

Did they ever found a fix for this? Quick google only found other people complaining about the same thing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So apparently I got hit with the glitch in Kadingir Sanctum where my earn 4 tokens challenge did not save correctly so now that challenge is at 1/4 with all 4 tokens collected.

Did they ever found a fix for this? Quick google only found other people complaining about the same thing.

This happened to be, I still got the point for it and it still counted as being completed for the sake of the achievement. If I load into the level it will say it's done, it will only say it's incomplete on the menu.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I finished the other challenge I was missing. And got the trophy so that's nice. Off to clear UAC in ultra nightmare!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Hello goons I woke up today and while in the shower I started thinking about how awesome it'd be if Doom (2016) had a Turbo mode like in Devil May Cry where everything is faster. Player movement, enemy speed, enemy attacks, etc. I think it'd be pretty cool especially in areas with the Haste and Berserk pick-ups.

Doom is good.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

GUI posted:

Hello goons I woke up today and while in the shower I started thinking about how awesome it'd be if Doom (2016) had a Turbo mode like in Devil May Cry where everything is faster.

You mean like in Doom (1993)?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

GUI posted:

Hello goons I woke up today and while in the shower I started thinking about how awesome it'd be if Doom (2016) had a Turbo mode like in Devil May Cry where everything is faster. Player movement, enemy speed, enemy attacks, etc. I think it'd be pretty cool especially in areas with the Haste and Berserk pick-ups.

Doom is good.

I've noticed Doom 2016 has this weird ebb and flow to some encounters where at times the action is insanely furious and my every move is on the threshold of giving me whiplash, and some other times where I'm roaming and looking back and forth for targets and they're either way out of range or just plain out of sight. It's usually Mancubi or Imps set to kite you that are the culprits for the latter feeling.

Turbo Mode would be nice, but I don't think I want it to apply to every monster. Turbo would be great for Revenants, Mancubi, Barons, and the zombies, but giving it to monsters that are already aggressive enough like melee Imps, Pinkies, and Knights would probably be a disaster to play.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

I've noticed Doom 2016 has this weird ebb and flow to some encounters where at times the action is insanely furious and my every move is on the threshold of giving me whiplash, and some other times where I'm roaming and looking back and forth for targets and they're either way out of range or just plain out of sight. It's usually Mancubi or Imps set to kite you that are the culprits for the latter feeling.

Turbo Mode would be nice, but I don't think I want it to apply to every monster. Turbo would be great for Revenants, Mancubi, Barons, and the zombies, but giving it to monsters that are already aggressive enough like melee Imps, Pinkies, and Knights would probably be a disaster to play.

Fast monsters + permahaste?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

Fast monsters + permahaste?

Monsters already move quickly enough IMO, but a hypothetical turbo mode definitely should let them be able to attack faster. Generally melee monsters are much more dangerous than ranged, and it particularly shows with Revenants and Barons with how slow they shoot their projectiles. Cacodemons show just how deadly a monster that can move and shoot at the same time are, and if they can't move quickly, at least they should force you to do so.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Permahaste should be a game option. I wanted that as soon as I first got an agility pickup. I always meant to tinker around with cheatengine and try to find a way to do that but I never got around to it, I should though...

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

Free update with deathmatch and private matches coming today. Supposed to be updating around 12pm ET

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Moop Moop posted:

Free update with deathmatch and private matches coming today. Supposed to be updating around 12pm ET
:hellyeah:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Has there been any more word of a linux version? I remember hearing rumblings of one and it'd be nice for me to have for convenience sake.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:f5: will this have the score attack too?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

:f5: will this have the score attack too?
No, that'll be later in the Fall alongside DLC 2 and more Snapmap toys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Moop Moop posted:

Real sad it took this long to get deathmatch in a doom game, but better late than never!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

GUI posted:

Betruger from Doom 3 and its expansion would've fit more with Doom 2016's tone than Olivia Pierce did. There's no way anyone involved in Doom 3's development heard these lines and thought they would be taken seriously.

That and he poo poo talks you through the entire game instead of appearing twice and vanishing never to be seen again until the final 20 seconds before the final boss.

Id rather not have the main villain go by a name that literally means "Betrayer" in german.
IIt was the most "oh my, do i wonder who might be the backstabber in this one" moment in gaming history.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The best part about that was that the UAC in Doom 3 didn't like the guy either, and either didn't give him a tenth of what he wanted, or schleped him to Mars just because the stuff he wanted to do would be terrible to do on Earth.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Real sad it took this long to get deathmatch in a doom game, but better late than never!

You aint kidding, jeez. At least this gives me a reason to finally give the multi a real go.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Sadly even in deathmatch you have to use loadouts. Also There still isn't and background music in multiplayer.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Sat in the a few lobbies last night on PS4 as the same two or three guys kept joining and leaving. Is the multiplayer on console totally abandoned?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Why would you ever play MP when you can also play the sick as gently caress SP and listen to BFG Divison 24/7?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Zaphod42 posted:

What have you done this time to get that text.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

DM isn't very inspiring with loadouts, but at least I found sick gently caress snapmap with unlimited chainsaw while playing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daimo posted:

DM isn't very inspiring with loadouts, but at least I found sick gently caress snapmap with unlimited chainsaw while playing.

Is snapmap co-op only? I just thought of a sick dead by daylight mode using that

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

frank.club posted:

Is snapmap co-op only? I just thought of a sick dead by daylight mode using that

No, you can have PvP snapmaps. That's actually how Deathmatch was played before this latest update.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I think I must be dumb, but what does the red bar in the bottom right corner under the gun signify?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kiranamos posted:

I think I must be dumb, but what does the red bar in the bottom right corner under the gun signify?

Chainsaw fuel.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mindblast posted:

What have you done this time to get that text.

I used the phrase "slap in the face" in a blizzard thread and some people got really butthurt about it. :v: I'll leave it up for another day and then change this poo poo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who the gently caress cares enough to give you that?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who the gently caress cares enough to give you that?

The kind of people who play World of Warcraft, Gumbel2Gumbel.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The kind of people who play World of Warcraft, Gumbel2Gumbel.

Theory confirmed.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
I find the power-up placement (i.e., berserk haste, quad) in some maps a little annoying, because you don't know they are present unless you've been through the map section before.

For example, in Argent Tower there's a section where you start to ascend the tower and the long room has two summoners, in addition to other enemies. I'm on Nightmare so I got killed a few times early in the room before I realized I have two summoners to deal with. Then I changed my tactics to rush into the heart of the room and focus on taking out the two summoners first (now that I knew they were there). I manage to take them both out and then clean up the remaining enemies, after which the saving checkpoint is triggered.

Hmm, what's that pinkish-purple orb up above me on that platform? I've never seen that before. Ooooh, it's the Quad :doh:

And then I remembered the level has a bonus challenge to get 18 or so kills with the Quad. And since the game just checkpointed after I cleared out the room I could not reload to start working on the challenge. :mad:

Fortunately the Quad was present in a few remaining sections so I was able to complete the challenge.

A map in one of the earlier levels has similar power-up placement, when you find the Berserker power-up the first time. However this Quad power up seemed more hidden away in this case.

Blah blah blah, just whining.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Either DOOM is very well optimized, or NVIDIA control panel is very pessimistic. Under recommended settings, It puts my stuff at medium lowish. I have a gtx 950. What I don't get is that I played the entire game on ULTRA settings with very little noticeable slowdown, except on the icy moon, that went to poo poo for some reason.

Doom is good.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Moon?

That's no Moon, that's an effect caused by the hyper cooling systems required to keep Vega's systems running without melting into a puddle. That whole section was still on Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

My only problem with Doom is that once you fill out your arsenal/upgrades and start doing laps around arenas like a racing sim the game largely runs out of ways to challenge you (aside from sniper imps on nightmare). On my subsequent playthroughs I don't think I ever took a hit from a revenant or had a hellknight last longer than 5 seconds with the burst shotgun.

I don't understand how this is a problem though, that's how DOOM is meant to be played.