Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Ya sure I'll read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Ya sure I'll read that.
:wrong:

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002

teh_Broseph posted:

In today's edition of Meanwhile In Elite, fk ur thumbs (stolen goon valor):

How big is the Elite team? Because that's quite the changelog.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Everyone on earth not working on SC.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jimeth posted:

Update: Thread has cured me of my cognitive dissonance. Gonna try for a refund.

Edit: But not before I create the org "B'tak Griefers"

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

hosed up if true

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Man, evangelion sucked

Just when it was getting interesting it turned into "hey let's check out what a loving pussy Shinji is"

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist
B'Tak Griefers now blinged out with half-arsed history, manifesto and charter. Time for bed now, refund tomorrow.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

from this weeks commlink

why just why

~4,000/1,531,838 backers spoke up in one voice and said, "!raffle"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Jimeth posted:

Update: Thread has cured me of my cognitive dissonance. Gonna try for a refund.

Edit: But not before I create the org "B'tak Griefers"
If they give you drama, just verbatim copy Australian Consumer Law at them until they cough up.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

If they give you drama, just verbatim copy Australian Consumer Law at them until they cough up.

In my experience bringing it up just once really gets them into gear. The amount of guilting and "just wait till you see what's coming in CitCon" you get is amazing too.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SelenicMartian posted:

"No, Ben, you can't eat gold."

Sure you can.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
For better or worse; it's happening.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

Looks like Major Tom has spread his Toxic_Dink.CFG file to other games :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9KcqQSRRI

Dear Star Citizens, please use this as an example to defend the holy work of Roberts. Bless you.

I'm pretty sure the horse getting stuck in the window like that has happened IRL. Horses are pretty amazing like that.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
that changelog :stare:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
There's an inordinately high amount of Australians who bought into this piece of poo poo. What's with that?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There's an inordinately high amount of Australians who bought into this piece of poo poo. What's with that?

Former British penal colony.

They have come to enjoy being subjugated by dictatorial micromanagers.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There were a lot of Australians into EVE Online as well, most of whom were concentrated into one corp and seemed to be the real okka Aussie lad types.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

that's a much better effort than I could have managed

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

CrazyTolradi posted:

There were a lot of Australians into EVE Online as well, most of whom were concentrated into one corp and seemed to be the real okka Aussie lad types.

I think my brother was in that. What a wanker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Danknificent posted:

that changelog :stare:

Yeah, not one door fix in sight. Frontier are rank amateurs and it's been in development for years.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

thatguy posted:

For better or worse; it's happening.

Make sure to use the music from that awful recorder performance by the sea with the open shirt kid

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
you guys read that thing?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
In more other space game news the death star DLC is out for swars battlefront and its p dope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

you guys read that thing?

Yes.
Everything.

It is good.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Id post that under every star citizen comment like stimpire 2.0

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

If Star Citizen was a pizza restaurant:

Just for you, Derek, I'll explain this analogy. You claim that "ordering a meat lovers pizza" is analogous to "pledging to Star Citizen". How did that play out historically?

Well, first, you're a moron, because it was pretty clear from the get-go that you weren't ordering a meat lovers pizza and were actually pledging to support a new pizza restaurant that will eventually be delivering to your neighborhood. Your pledge level was high enough where they'll give you your first meat lovers pizza for free, which you interpreted as "pledging for a pizza". A sadly common mistake, truth be told. But the Kickstarter was really clear that they wanted everyone supporting them to become regular customers rather than planning their dining schedule a year in advance.

Surprisingly (to some), this pizzeria Kickstarter made a lot more money than it would take to build a generic pizza place. But since the people running the show aren't idiots or scammers, they decided to use the extra money to make better pizza rather than just making a bunch of pizzas of acceptable quality and pocketing the rest of the money. They've contracted with local farmers to get fresh ingredients, they invented logistics techniques that'll get you more and better topping selection, they've invested in transportation infrastructure so that they can deliver pizzas to your house faster than any pizza has ever been delivered before, and they've hired some of the best chefs in the world to help them build better pizzas. They've been more open about how they're planning their pizza-making than pretty much any pizza company ever, and they're actively sending out pizza samples to everyone (including you) in order to get feedback. However, since building a series of pizza-transportation tubes takes time, and because the world-class best chefs are working to come up with the greatest pizza that's ever been, they've missed the schedule they set when they expected to only make enough money to secure a lease on an old pizza hut building.

And you're complaining because you wanted your full pizza delivered on the schedule that the original campaign predicted? You should go down the street to your local pizza franchise if you lack impulse control and foresight. Stop complaining on behalf of other Kickstarter pizza backers, because the vast majority of us are really excited to be getting our free samples of what's becoming the best pizza that's ever been made.

:golfclap:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 20, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They were not satisfied with the self-ownage of buying the F-35.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/3M8R3e4.gifv

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chunjee posted:

Still searching for the "let me loving finish!" youtube video that made me laugh with really fast scrolling text of Derek's blog post or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znR3JvQJPMc&t=11113s

fixed time stamp

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 20, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

teh_Broseph posted:

OK that's Star Citizen's entire MVP :D

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

teh_Broseph posted:

[longass patch notes]
You had me thinking SC had a meaningful patch for a second there.

Chunjee posted:

Still searching for the "let me loving finish!" youtube video that made me laugh with really fast scrolling text of Derek's blog post or something.
No it had Derek's face and Chris too I think. Fast scrolling text of a blog post for a solid 2 mins, preceded by the phrase "let me loving finish"
I actually never saw it with sound; part of the reason I want to see it again. So it was that text on screen.

Also no. It was a parody video.

edit: fixed timestamp on Derek's video.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 20, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

teh_Broseph posted:

In more other space game news the death star DLC is out for swars battlefront and its p dope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4

Why have the real thing when you can dream about Chris' lovely ersatz?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I wonder how many folders of bookmarks Derek has in his browser(s).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

If Star Citizen was a pizza restaurant:

Just for you, Derek, I'll explain this analogy. You claim that "ordering a meat lovers pizza" is analogous to "pledging to Star Citizen". How did that play out historically?

Well, first, you're a moron, because it was pretty clear from the get-go that you weren't ordering a meat lovers pizza and were actually pledging to support a new pizza restaurant that will eventually be delivering to your neighborhood. Your pledge level was high enough where they'll give you your first meat lovers pizza for free, which you interpreted as "pledging for a pizza". A sadly common mistake, truth be told. But the Kickstarter was really clear that they wanted everyone supporting them to become regular customers rather than planning their dining schedule a year in advance.

Surprisingly (to some), this pizzeria Kickstarter made a lot more money than it would take to build a generic pizza place. But since the people running the show aren't idiots or scammers, they decided to use the extra money to make better pizza rather than just making a bunch of pizzas of acceptable quality and pocketing the rest of the money. They've contracted with local farmers to get fresh ingredients, they invented logistics techniques that'll get you more and better topping selection, they've invested in transportation infrastructure so that they can deliver pizzas to your house faster than any pizza has ever been delivered before, and they've hired some of the best chefs in the world to help them build better pizzas. They've been more open about how they're planning their pizza-making than pretty much any pizza company ever, and they're actively sending out pizza samples to everyone (including you) in order to get feedback. However, since building a series of pizza-transportation tubes takes time, and because the world-class best chefs are working to come up with the greatest pizza that's ever been, they've missed the schedule they set when they expected to only make enough money to secure a lease on an old pizza hut building.

And you're complaining because you wanted your full pizza delivered on the schedule that the original campaign predicted? You should go down the street to your local pizza franchise if you lack impulse control and foresight. Stop complaining on behalf of other Kickstarter pizza backers, because the vast majority of us are really excited to be getting our free samples of what's becoming the best pizza that's ever been made.

I think /r/ds/ has reached self-awareness

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Man, evangelion sucked

Just when it was getting interesting it turned into "hey let's check out what a loving pussy Shinji is"

Don't complain. For people who felt that way, End of Evangelion was made.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Star Citizen is as a pizza, delivered one pepperoni at a time. Only the pepperoni are moldy, and stale.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah but how many doors did they fix? :smuggo:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
But what if Star Citizen was a hotdog stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah but how many doors did they fix? :smuggo:

They don't have any broken doors.

• Locked thread