Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So it is version exclusive evolutions for Rockruff.

Dumb, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Passimian and Lycanroc are my new and powerful friends

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

seriously Nightwolf is

so

loving

bad

worse, dare I say, then WrestleCat

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
No hats confirmed!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

I guess Rugby Monkey 100% confirms terrible awful loving goddamn wrestler cat which is an absolute catastrophe given how good Litten is

wrestler cat has been hella confirmed since we saw that green-haired girl in-game

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I don't get the animus for night wolf but surely there's a better move to show off than loving counter

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Brother Entropy posted:

i still don't know how i feel about z-moves as a gameplay mechanic but they're doing a good job of making them look extremely cute and cool

They clearly wanted to incorporate Hawaiian dancing into gameplay somehow.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

ty, I changed my chatot's ability.

I don't understand why you like U-turn so much though.

one day you will

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

was it corocoro or somewhere that said the Rockruff evos share a secret with the starters? Fill me with hope, thread, that we're going to get version exclusive evos to avoid WrestleCat and thereby make Litten usable

my salt isn't quite outweighing the incredible hype i feel for:

the two new monkeys
refresh
dress-up dolls
evee's z-move
this game
pokemon in general

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm in complete disbelief that people don't like the evil dog evo after seeing it in motion. People have seriously been afflicted by the idea of Internet fanbases.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Less hawaiian dancing and more like para-para

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Looking forward to wearing glasses and no hats in the beautiful Alolan shores.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shadow the Werehog is going on my team as a temporary stopgap until I get a better pokemon to replace it. I love it so much.

Also I hope that Wrestlecat is the Moon evo so the Sun evo can be Fire/Fighting if Wrestlecat isn't.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Eevee has achieved ultimate power.

Baton Pass Eevee here we go.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is Eevee's special move the first confirmation of one that isn't a fuckoof elemental nuke?

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Okay, I like the Rugby Monkey. And Midday Lycanroc. But I like Moonbat most of all and also the darkness so I'll just have The Bae evolve my Rockpuppy and then gimme a Rugby Monkey.

Eevee is Sailor Moon and the other Eeveelutions are Sailor Soldiers lending their power to take down Queen Beryl. Or something.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Those Z moves are extremely illegal as they involve explicit trainer interference

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Goddamn Passimian and Oranguru are not making it easy to pick which version I'm gonna buy first.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lfI66T5II

English version with jamming tunes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well I guess I'm officially getting Sun instead of Moon now.

Even though I like Dr. Zaius and he's in moon. I'll have a friend give me one of those.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkYHcK3FfY

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Countblanc posted:

I'm in complete disbelief that people don't like the evil dog evo after seeing it in motion. People have seriously been afflicted by the idea of Internet fanbases.

it's really really bad OP, the only saving grace will be me naming it after that dude Iori from King of Fighters since he looks just like him

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Where tf are the other Eevees coming from. You're not allowed to use that many Pokemon on your team.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon-bank/

Gen 6 -> Pokemon Bank -> Gen 7 is a one-way street

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That ridiculous Eevee animation where she gets powered up by all the Eeveelutions like she's about to unleash an insane powerful multi-eevee attack only to have the camera go back to the boring battle screen and go "eevee's attack rose sharply!" was pretty funny.

That werewolf is just more cememting my choice of Pokemon Moon as the better choice

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

BrianWilly posted:

Where tf are the other Eevees coming from. You're not allowed to use that many Pokemon on your team.

Like any other magical girl, they were actually in Eevee's heart all along.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Looks like Pokemon Refresh still gives you the ridiculous hacks a la Pokemon Amie

But you can use it instead of poison heal or paralyze heal so that's cool

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Midnight Lycanroc is clearly the superior choice as the Midday form isn't even a lycanthrope, and thus ruins the pun!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

it's really really bad OP, the only saving grace will be me naming it after that dude Iori from King of Fighters since he looks just like him

idk how you make this comparison and still think he's bad

iori rules, ioridog rules

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Night wolf had some pretty cool animations imo

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

idk how you make this comparison and still think he's bad

iori rules, ioridog rules

tbth the iori connection has endeared me to it

i guess that means i'm naming DayDog Kyo

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Holy poo poo, it's a Zhuge Liangutan. Instruct sounds like it could be a really incredible gimmick.

This gen is going to own so hard

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
someone trade me that rugby monkey, I'll give your Oranguru.

gently caress they're basically made for doubles.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I really like my boy's aesthetic now

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

someone trade me that rugby monkey, I'll give your Oranguru.

gently caress they're basically made for doubles.

can't wait to team up my best friend shedinja with my new friend RugbyMonkey so Monkey gets wonder guard

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Extreme Evoboost + Baton Pass :getin:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Ooh just as I thought you can move pokemon from SuMO to X/Y/OR/AS. Very cool. Tutors aren't going away.

edit: Nvm, misread the diagram, the text says otherwise

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So if Wishiwashi faints with rugby monkey, does he take the form of a giant monkey made of smaller monkeys?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
New Z Move! Chickenhat pulls out a pokeknife and pokeshanks Oranguru (super effective because it would obviously be Dark type)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Ooh just as I thought you can move pokemon from SuMO to X/Y/OR/AS. Very cool. Tutors aren't going away.

No, you can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

can't wait to team up my best friend shedinja with my new friend RugbyMonkey so Monkey gets wonder guard

I can't believe how rad all of these new abilities and moves are. Passimian just existing on the field will make your opponent think twice about who to kill, and could even lead to some bullshit shenanigans on switch ins.

It's blowing my mind that I can't think of a single pokemon shown so far that I would describe as useless. It seems like every single one has had some serious forethought into designing not only their looks and theme, but their utility and viability as well. They all have some kind of niche that they fill, and that's something that I don't know I could say for any other generation. Are we witnessing the death of route-fillers?