Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

quote:

Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokémon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poké Balls!

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope shiny oranguru is orange

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

http://pokemon-sunmoon.com posted:

By caring for your Pokémon, you can also cure status conditions like poisoning and paralysis that were inflicted on your Pokémon in battle.

Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokémon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poké Balls!

quote:

Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners.

This hints, probably flavourfully and not mechanically, that high-level rockruff traded to Sun and then evolved, will ignore Badge Obedience requirements.
Then I realized; is badge obedience a thing in SunMoon? Surely it is.

quote:

You can change the look of your clothing with colorful dyes! Perhaps there’s a design you like, but you’d prefer it in a different color. Now that wish can come true!

also really glad Darkdog has "Hey, c'mon c'mon!" idle animation.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Oranguru Evolved into a human!

All things are out of order!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dunban posted:

Extreme Evoboost + Baton Pass :getin:

Yeah, that might be a thing though it obviously gets shut down pretty hard by anything with priority, sandstorm, hail etc.

I think Oranguru's move that has its teammate attack again is going to be a big deal though. Imagine M-Kanga or M-Mence getting 2 attacks per turn. :gonk:

Literally +4 attack with 2 60 power fighting attacks is just insane.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

I think Oranguru's move that has its teammate attack again is going to be a big deal though. Imagine M-Kanga or M-Mence getting 2 attacks per turn. :gonk:

watch it work like sleep talk

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Having watched the Japanese trailer now, I have one thing to say:

I am SO very glad that the male player characters are getting more hair options than just "default hairstyle at different lengths". Which I guess makes sense since hats weren't optional in X and Y so you wouldn't be able to see much of anything anyways. But it bummed me out initially when I saw the comparison of male to female hair options in X and Y with 4 male options and like 12 or 16 for female.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

uh :catstare:

The nickname possibilities for Oranguru are endless. You could go with the comic book monkey baddies (Gorilla Grodd, etc), you could go with Planet of the Apes or you could go with Far East Philosopher

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

The nickname possibilities for Oranguru are endless. You could go with the comic book monkey baddies (Gorilla Grodd, etc), you could go with Planet of the Apes or you could go with Far East Philosopher

Its fan and pose is Zhuge Liang as all hell. He is a Zhuge Liangutan.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Monkey Gyatso.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Soon the hunter will become the hunted

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

quote:

Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners.

Lycanroc reconfirmed as best friend

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I am unreasonably annoyed that werewolf dog is not half dark type.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

but in the end you're just gonna see a billion harambes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I am unreasonably annoyed that werewolf dog is not half dark type.

I am glad tbh. We need more fast rock types. Also solo rock types since they're basically the Sudowoodo line, Nosepass, the Rampardos line, Regirock, and the Gigalith line.

Zore fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 20, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dunban posted:

Lycanroc reconfirmed as best friend

Moon Lycanroc on the other hand will just mess you up if you aren't cool enough, or make it do things it doesn't want to.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm going to mimic/mirror move instruct and chain it until time runs out

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The rugby monkey is such a good design like dang, it's better than I ever even remotely expected

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

All very good. I'll keep a list of version exclusives in the OP.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

less laughter posted:

The rugby monkey is such a good design like dang, it's better than I ever even remotely expected

I'm glad it's a Lemur. We needed a Lemur.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

rugby monkey rules, sun lion rules, buff mite is sun right ?? sun is good

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Waffles Inc. posted:

The Librarian :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
let's breed counter to blissey.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I hope double battles are way more common in game this time around.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Both ape poke's are awesome as hell, I really want a gibbon, though!

oh poo poo, also psychic/normal is an awesome typing, just realized,

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Catastropika is definitely gonna need Volt Tackle in order to be used. Like that is the most obvious thing, second only to the obviousness of Pikachu getting an exclusive Z Move in the first place.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

watch it work like sleep talk

Official site says "Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately." So, not like sleep talk.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There's too many cool pokemon I actually can't decide on a team this time :gonk:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Catastropika is definitely gonna need Volt Tackle in order to be used. Like that is the most obvious thing, second only to the obviousness of Pikachu getting an exclusive Z Move in the first place.

Not that anybody will ever use it because it means you're running Pikachu WITHOUT a Light Ball.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I for one hope there are more Z-moves that allow me to powerball my pokemon into the enemy.

No wait.

I want a chaos dunk Z-move.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Instruct basically a priority giver?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Cicadas! posted:

Official site says "Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately." So, not like sleep talk.

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

There's too many cool pokemon I actually can't decide on a team this time :gonk:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Waffles Inc. posted:

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

And it has Telepathy, which allows it to ignore damage from an ally's moves.The 'tang's broken as hell and I am hyped.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Cicadas! posted:

That's an exceptionally cool move for doubles/triples.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

And Telepathy means it won't have to worry about collateral damage! Finally, a use for Telepathy!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

oranguru probably has poo poo speed and a turn using instruct is a turn where it's vulnerable

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Pokemon Website posted:

Use the Pokémon Refresh feature to care for your Pokémon. After a battle, Pokémon sometimes end up all dirty. When that happens, you can take care of them and get them all cleaned up. By caring for your Pokémon, you can also cure status conditions like poisoning and paralysis that were inflicted on your Pokémon in battle.

Pokémon that have grown very affectionate, thanks to petting them a lot and feeding them their beloved Poké Beans, will battle to the utmost for you. Sometimes they’ll avoid attacks from opposing Pokémon—and even hold out when they’re on the verge of fainting. Take good care of your Pokémon with Pokémon Refresh, and they’ll be great allies on your adventure!

So I guess there's no more need for out of battle antidotes and status restoring items, that's a really great idea to incentivize people to use Refresh

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So I recorded a podcast with my son and the topic of the last episode was Pokemon. I know you're really excited for Sun and Moon but I have the exclusive scoop on Pokemon 12.(Windows/Bag)

https://m.soundcloud.com/childishgamespod/pokemon-windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

a turn where you're instructing is a turn you're not protecting yourself from your bad typing