Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FewtureMD posted:

The Librarian :colbert:

That is way too perfect. Discworld team is slowly but surely coming together

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

When you think of it as running two of X pokemon, X being the pokemon you hit with Instruct then yeah it's pretty good. Depends a bit on whether Oranguru has good speed but you could slap a Choice Scarf on him, plus it's very much a one trick pony that gets shut down by Wide Guard.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 20, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm going to take Gumshoos to the endgame, pal.

E: I mean I just did the equivalent with Stoutland in a White replay so it's far from impractical.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Guy in the background is going to lose his hand by the looks of it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Litten is so perfect and good :3:

also wowza is Gumshoos going to be a cool friend

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cicadas! posted:

It's blowing my mind that I can't think of a single pokemon shown so far that I would describe as useless.

Lurantis, sadly.

Maybe its HA will save it.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm going to take Gumshoos to the endgame, pal.

:same:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hate this generation's Pikachu so much, it's the ugliest hedgehog.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

E: I mean I just did the equivalent with Stoutland in a White replay so it's far from impractical.

stoutland is really good

there is not a bad thing about that pup

just like gumshoos

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blooming Brilliant posted:

It looks great in-game.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Oh my god the Porygon hair dryer

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Counterpoint: this generation has TWO Pikachus and one of them is the BEST new pokemon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pikachips is good

Senerio posted:

Counterpoint: this generation has TWO Pikachus and one of them is the BEST new pokemon.

this page has reminded me that both mimmikyu and pikapek exist and are EXTREMELY good boys

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Let's run down the now confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt leak:

The Leak posted:

The anime’s Ash-Greninja will appear in Pokemon Sun and Moon
Alolan Rattata and Raticate are Dark-type
Alolan Butterfree is Bug/Psychic
Alolan Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam are Fighting-type
Alolan Nidoking and Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting-type
Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine are Water-type
Alolan Doduo and Dodrio are Fighting/Flying-type
The previous versions of Pokemon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
Furfrou gets new styles
A new cat Pokemon varies in type and appearance based on breeding
There is a new snowman Pokemon line with two stages and it is Ice/Ghost
Not to get hopes up, but there may be two final evolutions for each starter
There will be no traditional Gyms and no Pokémon League in Alola. Your goal is to actually create one. After you do, an Elite Four will appear which are the leaders of each island
The diamond stones will be collectible throughout the region and act similarly to Mega Stones but not exactly
New Pokemon based on a dolphin, sea cucumber, snowman, mushroom and a rugby monkey are there
Rockruff’s evolution is a Werewolf

Ok so we've still got a Snowman line and Dolphin to see. And a new cat. And more Alolan forms.

Good poo poo, S&M

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

LemonLimeTime posted:

They clearly wanted to incorporate Hawaiian dancing into gameplay somehow.

I hope that they use the 3DS camera option so that you have to recreate the move, with it's effectiveness varying on how well you recreate it

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

less laughter posted:

Lurantis, sadly.

Maybe its HA will save it.

I dunno. A sunlight-based ability like Leaf Guard makes sense, seeing as it's never going to see use on anything but a sun team cause of Solar Blade. Depending on its stats, it might be better suited to being shielded from statuses rather than going fast with Chlorophyll or something.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why can our characters dress up if they're not in France? I don't understand.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

our character is from france and teaches the natives this wild new concept of 'wearing different clothes'

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

I want a tyranitar comb
also I never noticed that Hau doesn't have a bracelet. (maybe postgame only)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

after you beat the pokemon league it pans out to reveal that alola was in a snowglobe on professor sycamore's desk the entire time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Waffles Inc. posted:

Ok so we've still got a Snowman line and Dolphin to see. And a new cat. And more Alolan forms.

Good poo poo, S&M

this is two separate leaks isn't it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Macaluso posted:

That ridiculous Eevee animation where she gets powered up by all the Eeveelutions like she's about to unleash an insane powerful multi-eevee attack only to have the camera go back to the boring battle screen and go "eevee's attack rose sharply!" was pretty funny.

Wasted opportunity for MACHOEEVEE powerup

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Since they're doing Hawaii for Gen 7, you know what they really, REALLY should do for Gen 8? Australia. They haven't done many Australian animals at all.

Plus they could go with the whole Steve Irwin: Crocodile Hunter angle. I miss that guy. RIP :(

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

oddium posted:

I honestly don't know, I copy/pasted it from some aggregator website

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I am weirded out by how many people apparently want to gently caress Lurantis.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

I hope more Z-Moves have cute as gently caress animations

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Rugby Monkey is both larger and heavier than Oranguru. That doesn't seem right to me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Good poo poo, S&M

only two of thoese things are confirmed and they're basically lay-ups

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

oh poo poo, also psychic/normal is an awesome typing, just realized,

Oranguru can join its friends Girafarig and Meloetta

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"No traditional gyms/create your own gym" sounds super fake, Game Freak hasn't gotten where they are by changing a single thing about the core gameplay progression since 1996.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ruggington posted:

only two of thoese things are confirmed and they're basically lay-ups

Rugby Monkey isn't really that much of a gimme guess is it?????

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Slate Action posted:

"No traditional gyms/create your own gym" sounds super fake, Game Freak hasn't gotten where they are by changing a single thing about the core gameplay progression since 1996.

there aren't gyms, though

they've been replaced by "island trials" with totem pokemon bosses at the end.

this is already confirmed

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dress up is in the game because it's the same engine as X and Y. Next gen, when they return to 2D sprites, there won't be customization.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Captain Fargle posted:

Not that anybody will ever use it because it means you're not using Alolan Raichu

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Slate Action posted:

We know traditional gyms are out though? Like thats official. Island Guardians replace them which is fighting pokemon of a type that gets a stat boost and the ability to summon other pokemon to battle you multiple on one.

We know Gumshoos/Faticate are the normal guardians in Sun/Moon. Alola-Marowack is the fire guardian, new preying Mantis is the grass Guardian, and Wishiwashi is the water guardian. I think there's supposed to be all 18 types represented as well.

Zore fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 20, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

Yeah it is, and most of the claimed Alolan typings have already been debunked too (Arcanine showing up in the SuMo site in normal form, Alola Raticate being Dark/Normal etc.)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Zore posted:

We know traditional gyms are out though? Like thats official. Island Guardians replace them which is fighting pokemon of a type that gets a stat boost and the ability to summon other pokemon to battle you multiple on one.

Oh for real? Haven't been playing super close attention. That's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Waffles Inc. posted:

So I guess there's no more need for out of battle antidotes and status restoring items, that's a really great idea to incentivize people to use Refresh

Antidotes and such are so cheap they are basically free, especially later on when you're swimming in money so I'm not gonna waste time on tedious makework like Refresh when I can just heal my mons instantly with items.