Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im on the second island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

rediscover posted:

Woah. Menu -> Info -> Next Tablet Fragment tells you where to go for the next piece. This game is epic

Oh thank god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive got 3 advanced classes now and my team is crushing. Its kinda lame that not every advanced class leads to one of the ultra classes though, Id have to start from square one now if I want to move somebody towards the master classes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only got to play for about an hour last night. Extremely slow start but I don't mind, it's very pleasant exploring by the seaside

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
is there like a class chart or something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked the intro, its not just talking for an hour like a lot of intros, its everything you do in the game except fighting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

is there like a class chart or something

in the abbey theres a book that lets you know how to get all the classes except Hero. But if hero is like DQVI, only the main character can get it and you get it by just mastering a lot of classes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

currently rolling with a Sage (for healing and debuffs), Pirate (raw damage) and MOnster Masher (because I want to recruit a lot of monsters).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

In Training posted:

in the abbey theres a book that lets you know how to get all the classes except Hero. But if hero is like DQVI, only the main character can get it and you get it by just mastering a lot of classes.

Everyone can get Hero in 6 but it's so much grinding (Gladiator/Sage/Ranger/Luminary) that it's not really worth it.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Tongue bashing is surprisingly effective against bosses, and beating them by making ruff lick them repeatedly so they get goosebumps is hilarious to me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I think almost every sound is. at least, theyve gone back and used the same sounds for every remake/rerelease for the last 15 years

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Ive got 3 advanced classes now and my team is crushing. Its kinda lame that not every advanced class leads to one of the ultra classes though, Id have to start from square one now if I want to move somebody towards the master classes

it was like that in the snes version of dq6 you had to master a combo of classes, idk how it was in the remake

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I was gonna play this but i dropped my 3ds from the table and it wont turn on and I'm gonna kill myself

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

at least you have a good excuse to upgrade to a nu3ds now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agean90 posted:

at least you have a good excuse to upgrade to a nu3ds now

About that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I was gonna play this but i dropped my 3ds from the table and it wont turn on and I'm gonna kill myself

This happened to me and I took the battery out and put it back in and it works totally fine. Apparently it works for others as well, definitely try that first, something mighty have just been jostled loose

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's never easy to hear about a fallen 3DS...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
cool/morbid easter egg i found: spoilers for the island right before alltrade abbey after kiefer leaves the party to hang out with the roamers, when you go to the island in the present theres a gravestone in the mountain pass that says here lies the dancer of the roamers or w/e and her faithful guardian aka kiefer. RIP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

cool/morbid easter egg i found: spoilers for the island right before alltrade abbey after kiefer leaves the party to hang out with the roamers, when you go to the island in the present theres a gravestone in the mountain pass that says here lies the dancer of the roamers or w/e and her faithful guardian aka kiefer. RIP

In a similar vein you can check out the gravestones at the Abbey on the mountain overlooking the new herb city on the present day island

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Actual time to unlocking vocations: 16:31

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hero - martial artist, maribel - mage, ruff - warrior

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

triple post, ftw, etc etc... anyways @In Training the next tablet fragment info thing is telling me theres one in pilgrims perdition.. do i really have to backtrack through all that dungeong poo poo to get back there or is there a better way now. im using you as a strategy guide because i cant find any of this info online

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

rediscover posted:

triple post, ftw, etc etc... anyways @In Training the next tablet fragment info thing is telling me theres one in pilgrims perdition.. do i really have to backtrack through all that dungeong poo poo to get back there or is there a better way now. im using you as a strategy guide because i cant find any of this info online

No, you can enter pilgrim's perdition from just outside alltrades abbey, you see it on the world map.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Yup I found that out mere moments after making that post :sweatdrop:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Finally got to start playing this. I sort of wish they hadn't sped up the intro, I wouldn't have minded a few puzzles to do in Estard.

but yeah this game is so comfy you just bash slimes and it heals your soul

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im hoping the plot on the home island never progresses and as the game ends they are still planning for an expedition to the new island that appeared

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wow its true, we arent the only island in the sea anymore, this is amazing. and you kids did it. we arent going to ask how and also you arent allowed to do it anymore

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

rediscover posted:

Yup I found that out mere moments after making that post :sweatdrop:

I found out when I exited pilgrim's perdition from the wrong exit after trekking back to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if people care about spoilers because the stories are all self contained on each island but later on you start revisiting islands you've been to at different points in time.

Like an island has a bridge on it to a different island that you've already visited but because the village of origin you've visited is at a different time when you cross the bridge you're traveling to another parallel village. They may even keep doing this because there's loose ends after revisiting the village once ... Incredible

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

that makes sense cuz theres areas you dont visit on early islands

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This week has killed my gaming time but I look forward to finally playing more of this soon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This week has killed my gaming time but I look forward to finally playing more of this soon

Same. This weekend is gonna be awesome with all the new RPG gaming I'll have

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wanna play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional so badly q.q the monsters are my favorite part of the games anyway and I spent so much time with the GBC one. Pretty sure it was the first implementation of stuff like the grottos in IX and and the tablet dungeons or whatever in this remake , too

Idk why they don't translate those games anymore, I feel like they'd clean up over here if they launched them like halfway between Pokémon releases. Maybe they're a little niche but no less so than DQ Builders or something. Apparently the last game didn't do that hot in Japan though and only sold like 600k while the previous Monsters games all broke a million

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I wanna play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional so badly q.q the monsters are my favorite part of the games anyway and I spent so much time with the GBC one. Pretty sure it was the first implementation of stuff like the grottos in IX and and the tablet dungeons or whatever in this remake , too

Idk why they don't translate those games anymore, I feel like they'd clean up over here if they launched them like halfway between Pokémon releases. Maybe they're a little niche but no less so than DQ Builders or something. Apparently the last game didn't do that hot in Japan though and only sold like 600k while the previous Monsters games all broke a million

i think they made like 12 us copies of dq7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a water themed island with a few villages and it's my fave so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also found out that they retooled the middle tier classes so that the ones that don't eventually lead to the Master tier are buffed to hell so they're viable for the whole game. I think Ruff is just gonna stay a monster masher then, the abilities he's gotten have been powerful

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Yeah Monster Masher seems hecka strong, that top end fire breath skill does like 150 damage to every enemy and costs nothing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He also gets puff which was my favorite DQVI skill. Now you get to see the dragon too!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like that ruff has a free skill that just calls in some wolf friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In the new Dragon Quest Monsters you can ride on any of the 500+ monsters in the game :worship:

edit: there's an online competitive racing minigame too oh man

• Locked thread