Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, which patch made it so killing wards gave experience? how long has this been a thing now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, which patch made it so killing wards gave experience? how long has this been a thing now?

They changed it in like 6.12, I think? The two patch cycle where they modified a bunch of supports.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Star Guardian Lulu is amazing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jinx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKy-nJgCAoA
Poppy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwC7Gbp98o
Janna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-LIt15yrQ
Lulu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLNpWVfhOI

oh my god they all look so good.

:swoon:

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 20, 2016

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
About to drop some :10bux:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is aurelion jungle really a thing or have i been tricked by champion.gg
it's a thing. he has decent clears for basically free due to his passive, good ganks, and gets around the map fast which is fantastic for jungle control but he's pretty easy for the enemy jungler to duel if they catch him and isn't good at killing dragon/baron. some people don't take smite on him because of his free clears but those people are dumb because not having smite during baron fights sucks. i'd say he's a decent niche pick if you want to be a gank machine but don't pick him against an invade focused jungler and don't pick him if your team needs objective control.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 20, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
where the hell is the yellow one?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

it's a thing. he has decent clears for basically free due to his passive, good ganks, and gets around the map fast which is fantastic for jungle control but he's pretty easy for the enemy jungler to duel if they catch him and isn't good at killing dragon/baron. some people don't take smite on him because of his free clears but those people are dumb because not having smite during baron fights sucks. i'd say he's a decent niche pick if you want to be a gank machine but don't pick him against an invade focused jungler and don't pick him if your team needs objective control.
How do you do his clear properly cause I got my rear end kicked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

How do you do his clear properly cause I got my rear end kicked
armor yellows, ap blues and quints, m. pen reds

start with talisman and refillable potion, go gromp > blue > wolves > raptors > red > gank top or mid if they look open, if not just recall

the big thing is that his passive is most of his damage and he does damage even when he's moving, so you want to kite the melee monsters a good bit. you shouldn't go below half if you do it right.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

You gotta kite around the all the time basically. If you've jungled evelynn recently its the same concept.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Meanwhile, Zyra still has only three skins available. :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

You're being given overtime for this right

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:lol:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna guess Methanar is salary

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
They pay him in internet infrastructure. He's saving up to build a direct private connection to Riot's servers so he can finally stop lagging.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I'm gonna guess Methanar is salary

If he is salary I sure hope he gets overtime compensation or is just plan paid really well

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mystery Prize posted:

Man let me tell you how loving tired I am of winning 12 LP on every win and losing 25 LP on every loss for the last two weeks

Go 9-4 over the course of 2 days, end up at the same LP I started at? :wtc:

Keep it up, your MMR should adjust and you should start making 20 and losing 20 if the win record stays that strong.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

If he is salary I sure hope he gets overtime compensation or is just plan paid really well

nope, get poo poo on. this is not how the United States works. you work hard for less pay and that's what you apparently deserve as a salary worker.

death to all labor unions, fair wages, and ethical treatment of employees! USA! USA! USA!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Salaried workers tend to be compensated in other ways, like good stock options, quarterly or end of the year bonuses, or benefits.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wait what the gently caress do you really not get extra for overtime if you're on a salary in the US?

this is just like when i found out you guys didn't have kettles in your houses, drat

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Salaried workers tend to be compensated in other ways, like good stock options, quarterly or end of the year bonuses, or benefits.

while this is true for many jobs, there are still some employers that give you poo poo benefits and still expect you to work overtime

of course, if your vocation is less plentiful you can leverage your hard work to get more (or else you might just hop workplaces)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Who doesn't own a kettle

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NTT posted:

I dunno about you but money sounds like a pretty good compensation for time spent working? Isn't that how that's supposed to work?

Lovechop posted:

wait what the gently caress do you really not get extra for overtime if you're on a salary in the US?

yeah seriously what the hell

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The USA is a capitalist utopia and yes we all have tea pots.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Lovechop posted:

It's a case by case basis; for instance, I'm salaried but also offered overtime at 1.5x the equivalent hourly wage.

Of course, I'm also a government employee represented by a competent union, so

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

Who doesn't own a kettle

some american dude told me he made tea in the microwave and i felt violently sick

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Super Librarian posted:

It's a case by case basis; for instance, I'm salaried but also offered overtime at 1.5x the equivalent hourly wage.

Of course, I'm also a government employee represented by a competent union, so

I am also salaried and am a government employee (though I work for a University, not like a goverment agency) and I get no overtime. Not that I work overtime very often anyways, but it happens.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

A lot of places you just do it because you're told to

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

some american dude told me he made tea in the microwave and i felt violently sick

put water in a mug, heat it up for 1 minute, insert tea bag

my part time job has a water cooler with a heat nozzle though so i get filtered hot water on demand for my tea

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
kettles are very cheap and very useful.

also buy a rice cooker

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

also buy a rice cooker

i made really good sushi rice by hand but it's inconsistent, rice cookers are really good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lovechop posted:

the us is a third world country

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm not eligible for stock until after a year and even then it takes a 5 years to become fully vested. It's okay though because the stock is worthless today and the work I'm doing is going to make the stock actually worth something. I get a bonus for this months work i got to take a day trip to the mountains and a day to tour DC.

I think it was worth.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
rammus is so boring? please rework him

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Boss

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/778286161189928961

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 20, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wished the image splash actually looked 2D and anime.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So which hero are they going to give the zordon skin to

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is interested in the board game, Watch It Played has a series of videos up about it. He does a great job of explaining games and showing off gameplay, although I will say I haven't had a chance to watch these yet.

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgirZYxydM
How to Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLtVB6zkvcs
Mission One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1MTWIOlNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

So which hero are they going to give the zordon skin to
i dont think you understand what sailor moon is

• Locked thread