Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I intend to steal and start Tajae Sharpe from Concord Concordes taxi squad

I will start Tajae Sharpe this weekend.

Bloody posted:

can I interest you in eli ($4), matty ice ($1), or tyrod ($4)?

I will trade you Cobb for Eli Manning, yes. Trade request sent.

Hixalot posted:

Since I got beaten to the attempted steal claim, Leper if you aren't planning on promoting Sharpe and would rather get something for him, shoot me a trade offer.

Thank you for the offer, but I intend to keep Sharpe, and he's startable right now so I have no problem doing so once I clear a few bucks off my cap.

e. BTW I'm now in a hotel in Vegas, will be home tomorrow night. If there's any league business to attend to, I will get to it by Saturday for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I will start Tajae Sharpe this weekend.

I will trade you Cobb for Eli Manning, yes. Trade request sent.

Thank you for the offer, but I intend to keep Sharpe, and he's startable right now so I have no problem doing so once I clear a few bucks off my cap.

e. BTW I'm now in a hotel in Vegas, will be home tomorrow night. If there's any league business to attend to, I will get to it by Saturday for sure.

trade done

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice. I'm really high on Eli this year, while I think Cobb is a pretty good receiver on team with too many weapons for Rodgers to spread around to. Some weeks Cobb will produce, and some he won't. Fine for a fill-in, but I like my WR core right now.

If Jordy gets hurt or Lacy gains weight or something, Cobb's value rises, and he's a decent stash in Dynasty for that reason... but I can't afford his salary as a stash any more.

Good luck!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I havent been at a computer in 2 weeks. You guys who do it all via phones get huge props from me.

Basically zero research from me, two weeks deep.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tomorrow I get to watch my first NFL non-preseason games, since I was traveling from last thursday through yesterday. I feel woefully underprepared for this season and weirdly disconnected from my fantasy football teams, not to mention annoyed that I paid (exorbitantly) for NFL Sunday Ticket but didn't get to use it one of the weeks that I effectively paid for it.

$350/17 weeks = a little over $20 a week. Yeesh.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I feel woefully underprepared for this season and weirdly disconnected from my fantasy football teams

This is it exactly. Trying to find guys to bid on via the mfl app or yahoo app just doesnt feel like football to me. Having 5 or 6 tabs open, team depth charts, and bouncing back and forth between the tabs is how I usually do it.

Up till now I have used just a single phone screen for football. I feel dirty.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm now prepped with my gameday player spreadsheet printout, my kindle open to SA and my teams, and checking out nfl sunday ticket's changes this year.

oh heyyy, directv has nfl.com fantasy integration! Connects to my league of posts team

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alex smith has 1.74 points for me past halftime.

1.5 of those points are for a tackle.

Today is going well for me.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
2nd Round Kickers vs. 1017 Brick Squad is a loving dogfight

we keep going back and forth. 2 of the 3 highest scores today and we both still have a bunch of players to go

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ya'll got any of them points for me?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eli Manning vs. the legendary Saints secondary, magnificent.

I may have made a bad trade.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Want Alex Smith for eli?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hahaha

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am not hearing no....

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
jesus christ carson palmer

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Right now IR would be a pretty solid fantasy football team! This year is gonna be the year of the waiver wire bid wars!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought I had a chance against leper tonight.

Freeman and Sanders had 14pts by end of first half. By the end of the game they still had 14pts, so its a loss for me.

Damnit.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey, fish: Another dozen receptions by Matthews and I am right back in this thing.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Eli Manning vs. the legendary Saints secondary, magnificent.

I may have made a bad trade.

Of the five qbs at your disposal you chose the worst one lmao

Also I won a game baby this is my year and gently caress you Eddie lacy I am done with your horrible rear end

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well I won anyway, so. And eli will actually be fine as a dalton backup. I just don't quite know what to do with gabbert.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
My defense bailed me out with 71.5 points :stare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah don't neglect your IDP choices, they matter. A lot of leagues have a token IDP guy or two who rarely score above like 12 points using their settings. I don't see the point. In this league, there's a genuine difference between different players and you really do need to pay attention to your guys, matchups, etc. and watch the free agents list for emerging stars.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah don't neglect your IDP choices, they matter. A lot of leagues have a token IDP guy or two who rarely score above like 12 points using their settings. I don't see the point. In this league, there's a genuine difference between different players and you really do need to pay attention to your guys, matchups, etc. and watch the free agents list for emerging stars.

Or you can be me and have two typically top 10 LB's and have one give you a 0 in week 1 and the other give you a 0 in week 2 despite playing every defensive snap

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How do I see the full transaction log and who got outbid for which player? Not the "transaction" page which just shows who got what player, but the total bids and whatnot for specific people.

I really can't figure out this website and I work on the god drat internet like 12 hours a day. Never had so many problems finding stuff on a site before.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As an owner, you can't see what other people's failed bids were. The transaction page shows the publicly-visible information.

As a commissioner, you can view everyone's submitted waiver bids at the top of the page, For Commissioners > Previously Processed Waivers. I'm not sure if there's a way to see unprocessed waiver submissions, but you probably shouldn't be peeking at those under any circumstances anyway.

e. I don't see anything on the "blind bidding waivers setup" page that would expose or allow owners to see the failed bids, either.

One thing I do see is that we have "conditional blind bidding" turned off. This is what MFL calls conditional blind bidding: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/support?L=79286&FAQ=266

We could totally turn that on, if you guys want it.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 22, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought in ESPN we could see who bid on what and who was outbid by how much.

No worries if we can't now, just used to use that as a baseline to what other people think certain guys are worth opposed to my thoughts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, in ESPN I think we could see that, which makes it odd that it's evidently not even an option in MFL.

e. I just remembered there's another place to look: the "franchise abilities" setup screen. And sure enough, there's a checkbox to check (one per team) to permit owners to see the "previously processed waivers" report.

So I can enable that for everyone. :woop:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 22, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So to see the report, at the top, click Reports > Franchise > Previously Processed Waivers

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

So to see the report, at the top, click Reports > Franchise > Previously Processed Waivers

Bingo, that's it.

So Tyler thinks Fozzy is worth $7 while I thought he was only worth $3. No one else cared about him, so that's something at least.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup, and almost everyone overpaid for everyone else they bid on. :shrug: that's FAAB, though.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Like half my team is going tonight but I'm actually here at the game so I guess I don't mind.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Like half my team is going tonight but I'm actually here at the game so I guess I don't mind.

Pics plz

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I need more injuries on my WR's.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd trade you an injured WR for a healthy one, but I don't seem to have any injured WRs. Can I interest you in an injured tight end or quarterback? I've got RGIII and Antonio Gates.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Grandpa Gates has always been pretty impressive playing through injuries and still having multi-TD games but it's time to hang up the cleats for both of those players. I'm still trying to figure out who Charles Johnson is.. never even heard of the guy!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

gently caress jeremy hill

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And gently caress Willie Snead for not playing tonight. I was actually going to have a good chance at winning.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is the guy who owns Who the Titoons even playing?

He's got 3 injured guys that are not on his IR and one suspended.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

And gently caress Willie Snead for not playing tonight. I was actually going to have a good chance at winning.

That's what I get for not starting Tevin against NOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is the guy who owns Who the Titoons even playing?

He's got 3 injured guys that are not on his IR and one suspended.

Hmm. Metapod, can you check in please?

MFL says Metapod's last visit to the site was six days and fifteen hours ago, so he's not totally awol but may not have reset his roster this past week since that would have been Monday night. On the other hand his starters were all reasonable picks who played and earned points, so he may have simply been satisfied to leave it as is.