Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i loving love this guy

look at him he's crazy

he doesn't afraid of anything

fuckin bring it, bitch

I can just hear a Jack Nicholson voice from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Now I'm the king of the swingers, the Alola VIP
I reached the top and had to stop
And that's what's botherin' me
I wanna be a Mon, Man-Cub, and stroll right into town
And be just like those other Mons
I'm tired of Mankeying around

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One time I yelled "Return!" and Lycanroc turned to me and said, "what if someone just stood in the middle of Celedon City and yelled 'return'? Maybe the Passimians in suits would forget their routine of going to Silph Co." My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to win a Coolness contest, or was the Coolness something that's been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look at one of the Pokeballs, and I noticed Lycanroc had put something in the ball. It was stuff like "what if Pokeballs were slavery? Would you battle a slave owner?" and "Fight. Bag. Insanity." I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to train.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont care about version exclusive pokemon. what i want to know is if theres any version exclusive clothes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

i dont care about version exclusive pokemon. what i want to know is if theres any version exclusive clothes

from what i've heard the sun and moon masks from majora's mask are in as a little wink nod

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I feel good about Moon after those leaks. I think Oranguru has a cooler design than Rugby monkey, and seems pretty neat.

If only I had space to use him. :sigh:

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 20, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All the cool doubles tricks they're adding in this generation will, perhaps, finally get me to take an interest in playing doubles.

With Oranguru they have done right by the best known animal, the orangutan. I will train one in the post-game, when double battles can actually happen.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Zore posted:

I feel good about Moon after those leaks. I think Oranguru has a cooler design than Rugby monkey, and seems pretty neat.

If only I had space to use him. :sigh:

Please, do not limit yourself to Pokemans that have been revealed thusfar.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm just not sure who to give up???

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oranguru just makes me think of

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Counterpoint: make a team of Mimikyus.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I might drop Gumshoos, but I really wanted to use the route 1 rat :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SilverGryphon posted:

Librarian Guru

oh my goodness why didn't that occur to me already?

I hope he's not really late on, I want one even more now.

Tired Moritz posted:

Oranguru just makes me think of

also Waranmo was a fucker, I seem to recall. oakleyman and him, and some big gently caress-off dog-shaped brick shithouse

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Countblanc posted:

One time I yelled "Return!" and Lycanroc turned to me and said, "what if someone just stood in the middle of Celedon City and yelled 'return'? Maybe the Passimians in suits would forget their routine of going to Silph Co." My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to win a Coolness contest, or was the Coolness something that's been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look at one of the Pokeballs, and I noticed Lycanroc had put something in the ball. It was stuff like "what if Pokeballs were slavery? Would you battle a slave owner?" and "Fight. Bag. Insanity." I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to train.

:pusheen:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Zore posted:

I might drop Gumshoos, but I really wanted to use the route 1 rat :(

Gumshoos is forever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was mimikyu typing? Ghost fairy?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
>Rockruff shares a secret with the starter Pokemon.

>Starter Pokemon have version exclusive evolutions

>Please let Lucha Tiger be Sun, please let Lucha Tiger be Sun

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I drew Oranguru dealing with a hard pupil.
However there are no scanners in the office so a photo will have to do:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What was mimikyu typing? Ghost fairy?

Yep.

Also its ability is an auto-protect which is neat. Lot of stuff I want to test (does the Disguise break on rocks/spike, does it block rocks/spike, does it block status, is it regenerated on every switch in, etc)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pentaro that is wonderful

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I'll be sad if Bellossom doesn't get a unique Z-move

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

Gumshoos is forever.

I want to believe. I'm even keeping in on with Type: Null despite the fact I never have 2 of the same primary typed 'mons on my team.

Guess I'm going to have to play through SuMo concurrently with different teams

Moon
Rowlett
Gumshoos
Vikavolt
Rockruff
Mimikyu
Oranguru

On Sun
Type: Null
Pikipek
Cutiefly
Oricoro
Minior
Palossand

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Considering it can't use a Focus Sash, Eevee is basically hoping you do something that gives it two whole turns to live. Technically MAYBE 1, since 458 speed is hard to outspeed without a Sash, but its' defenses are kind of hot garbage, meaning it's gonna get KO'd pretty easily and all it takes is some priority or power.

I know baton pass isn't used in doubles often if ever, but couldn't it work with eevee? Have the other pokemon use follow me. If the pokemon survives bring in a boosted rugby lemur, steal the ability, bring in the last partner and sweep? I don't get to play doubles so I don't know.

I'm pretty set on moon? I like rugby lemur but I can always trade for it. I usually don't end up using version exclusives anyway, so I just like moon stuff. It would also make sense to have version exclusive final evolutions. I mean, GF should do it to just change it up. Next gen they'll do stone evos for the final forms. haha

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hmm

https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/778250381549707264

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
There's a mimikyu inside every pokemon.
Except charizard maybe.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

That's pretty weak evidence tbh. It could just be a design.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Zore posted:

Could be, but regular animals don't really exist in the Pokemon world (other than some offhand mentions in the Pokedex and some early anime episodes and stuff like that). I mean, one of the other shirts you can wear has Exeggcutor on it, seems weird that this one would just depict a regular toucan.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the only pokemon i absolutely want to use is mimkyu, so cute

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope Mimikyu is good instead of lovely

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Zore posted:

A toucan pokemon would make sense this gen, seems at least plausible to be true.

Funky Valentine posted:

This is a good thing you have done.

New page, new unpopular opinion: The ONLY downsides to getting Moon are WereShadow and UB-Beauty. Yes I am aware Gumshoos is Sun exclusive. Faticate is in fact better.

Also holy poo poo Oranguru is my dude.

Oh but if Robinhoot isn't the Moon version of Rowlet I will kill myself irl.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 20, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Oobee doo, I'm Oranguru~

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

A toucan pokemon would make sense this gen at least, seems at least plausible to be true.

This is a good thing you have done.

New page, new unpopular opinion: The ONLY downsides to getting Moon are WereShadow and UB-Beauty. Yes I am aware Gumshoos is Sun exclusive. Faticate is in fact better.

Also holy poo poo Oranguru is my dude.

Gumshoos and Faticate are not version exclusives.

Version only changes which one is the Normal Totem Guardian.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Really all my friends told me they were?! Liars!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope Mimikyu is good instead of lovely

it's ability is unique and seems really good, a free substitute (altho it doesn't block statuses) means it will at least always be able to set-up something if it needs too

guess it all depends on it's movepool, i have a feeling it's stats will be kinda low

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Space T Rex posted:

A toucan pokemon would make sense this gen, seems at least plausible to be true.

Are toucans even native to Hawaii. I don't think they are.

Save the Toucan pokemon for the game in PokeBrazil.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Supremezero posted:

I don't think sandcastles and sea cucumbers are special to hawaii either but they make sense to include in a tropical island setting. Kinda like a toucan.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Supremezero posted:

they are not, unlike red pandas, clydesdales, coconut crabs, and orangutan

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Space T Rex posted:

I don't think sandcastles and sea cucumbers are special to hawaii either but they make sense to include in a tropical island setting. Kinda like a toucan.

You have not seen a true hawaiian sandcastle, my friend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Supremezero posted:

when has pokemon ever been limited to pokemon native to an area.

I'm pretty sure Gorillas and monkeys aren't native to New York but that didn't stop Darumaka or the Elemental monkeys from being in Unova.

Also Giraffes aren't native to Japan and Elephants aren't native to Arizona

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The great north New York desert