Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

14 words long

And 88 characters if you don't count the spaces or @BreitbartNews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My father is one of NH's 400 states reps and today he received in the mail a book called Clean House by Tom Fillan(?) of Justice Watch sent by Tom Fillan(?) or some pac he runs.

I vaguely remember Justice Watch being some poo poo far right site due to this thread, so I threw it in the post office trash. Thanks DnD Goons.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

theflyingorc posted:

By the way - that "dead even in Maine" poll from earlier came from the Maine People's Resource Center. I don't want to denigrate the good people of the MPRC, but they're likely to not have the methodology/resources of a larger polling firm, so I wouldn't put TOO much stock in them.

They have a C rating on 538.

Demographics (%)
White: 58
Black: 8
Latino: 4
Other: 4
Moose: 26

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Antti posted:

Periodical reminder that Ivana Trump has said he kept a book of Hitler's speeches on his nightstand.

Wait, for real? :stare:

I retract every theory about Trump being a mere con man. He's a con man AND a real fascist. That's kind of terrifying.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

theflyingorc posted:

By the way - that "dead even in Maine" poll from earlier came from the Maine People's Resource Center. I don't want to denigrate the good people of the MPRC, but they're likely to not have the methodology/resources of a larger polling firm, so I wouldn't put TOO much stock in them.

They have a C rating on 538.

"methodology/resources" is a poor argument. You don't need a bunch of people to have a good methodology. A large number of people doesn't suddenly make you better at math.

It's a perfectly legit poll that you don't like the results of. It's no more or less legit than the HRC +5 result in Florida or the DJT +1 in NC from other outfits.

Worrying about the methodology or weighting of a single poll is incredibly unproductive (unless, of course, it's some batshit insane thing like Wikileaks attempting to say that a poll of their followers on Twitter spoke for the American electorate)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lightning Knight posted:

Wait, for real? :stare:

I retract every theory about Trump being a mere con man. He's a con man AND a real fascist. That's kind of terrifying.

That came out months and months ago.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cthulhumatic posted:

Demographics (%)
White: 58
Black: 8
Latino: 4
Other: 4
Moose: 26

There is no way you'd get those kind of numbers for black, latino, or Other in Maine.

the rest checks out

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

My father is one of NH's 400 states reps and today he received in the mail a book called Clean House by Tom Fillan(?) of Justice Watch sent by Tom Fillan(?) or some pac he runs.

I vaguely remember Justice Watch being some poo poo far right site due to this thread, so I threw it in the post office trash. Thanks DnD Goons.

You do know that's a Federal crime right?

gently caress it, good for you.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Senf posted:

And 88 characters if you don't count the spaces or @BreitbartNews.

There's no way this wasn't intentional.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/778299134180601856
And Trump won't even bring it up either.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night10194 posted:

That came out months and months ago.

I've never heard of that.

Then again I didn't learn about who Ivana is or the marital rape thing until this week so... :shobon:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You guys can't be serious.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Like marketplace is unbelievable garbage, I'll grant you -- but on the whole NPR is fine. This election they have tended towards the false balance "objectivity" bullshit, but they're still pretty good and they report on poo poo a lot of other news orgs would not. They also usually provide really good local coverage.

That's not an NPR program FYI.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Trump probably didn't read Hitler's speeches for his hot take on Jews (I'm sorry), but for a cargo cult-ish "Hitler was good at influencing people so he has something to teach me" reason. It's just that he was middle-aged when it was going on, not sixteen.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:THE HOTTEST TAKE:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Feeding "The Animals" Makes Them Dependent

REALLY makes u think!

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Night10194 posted:

While I absolutely know it wouldn't happen, him going to prison over his 'charity' after he loses would be the absolute icing on the cake.

What are the potential penalties for self-dealing? Is it just a fine+additional tax from the IRS or are there potential prison time?

Frequent glances at teleprompters, definitely terminal.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Antti posted:

Trump probably didn't read Hitler's speeches for his hot take on Jews (I'm sorry), but for a cargo cult-ish "Hitler was good at influencing people so he has something to teach me" reason. It's just that he was middle-aged when it was going on, not sixteen.

Hitler actually hated public speaking, but he practiced to become good at it. Obviously he became good at it, but what he did with it was utter poo poo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's real. Vanity Fair reported it years ago and he was like "Hurr durr my Jewish friend gave it to me." They contacted the friend and he was like "yea I'm not Jewish." Quotes are approximate but I'm phone posting and too lazy to look it up.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

No Butt Stuff posted:

I am serious, and please call me Shirley next time.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Antti posted:

Some Hispanics can find Trump's anti-Muslim message appealing despite his anti-Latino message too; maybe they think he means "the bad ones." There are plenty examples to show that stupidity does not look at ethnicity.

It's totally this.
Hispanic Trump supporters I know and have heard are for Trump because he'll stop the food stamps and section 8 housing authority to get rid of the riff-raff / welfare queens.

quote:

What Pisses me off is when I go to HEB and the fat Mexican girl in front buys several hundreds of dollars of frozen junk food with a litter yes litter of kids while I count in my head to see if I have enough money in my account....then I go to my vehicle and she's driving a brand new car with...Mexican car plates....GO TRUMP...

Jealous of kids having food that keeps for more than a week, a person having money for a good vehicle thanks to food assistance and can't loving basic math, what a winner.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 20, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
double post

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

On Terra Firma posted:

There's no way this wasn't intentional.

The closer I got to the end, the larger my eyes grew. When it stopped at 88, they popped out of my head.

Thanks to DJT, Jr., I'm now blind.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

iospace posted:

Hitler actually hated public speaking, but he practiced to become good at it. Obviously he became good at it, but what he did with it was utter poo poo.

Just an aside but it's funny how this sort of story - that they hated or were terrible at speaking but by God made it work anyway - seems to follow a lot of famous orators: Cicero, Demosthenes...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That sure is a whole lot of words to describe a lovely 20-year-old editorial cartoon.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

gently caress you! Asay is long retired! I don't want to see another Asay ever again!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

Probably the one major link between Hitler's style and Trump's is that Hitler believed you wanted to use simple language and short, sharp rhetoric to make your point so it could be easily understood.

In Trump's case I doubt it's an intentional stylistic choice so much as him just being a dumbshit, though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

Just an aside but it's funny how this sort of story - that they hated or were terrible at speaking but by God made it work anyway - seems to follow a lot of famous orators: Cicero, Demosthenes...

It's almost as though 97% of people hate public speaking.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

No one LIKES public speaking inherently. It's hugely stressful.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sarmhan posted:

i do :shobon:

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Ballz posted:

That sure is a whole lot of words to describe a lovely 20-year-old editorial cartoon.

The poor should forage this country until they have had their fill. A good cartoon.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

yeah public speaking owns

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Some people do, just like how some people like food that's ridiculously spicy. They've trained their brain to enjoy the sensation.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sarmhan posted:

Weirdly I'm more comfortable doing public speaking than meeting strangers one on one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sarmhan posted:

I'm sure the Obamas like it, given how good they both are.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah public speaking owns

I'm also a fan, but it took years of practice to get good enough at it to be comfortable.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I don't think you can be as incredibly talented at something as Obama is at speaking and not derive some level of enjoyment from practicing that mastery.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A second anti-Arzy Florida poll has hit the towers thread:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/778307063487328257

Pollster might suck, but shut up and enjoy it you Arzying bastards.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I love the sound of my own voice too much not to enjoy public speaking.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Maybe I'm wrong, but learning to enjoy/be good at it doesn't count. I'm talking about the base level experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Trump is surveying the internet on what he should say at the Debates. Surely this will turn out as expected. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/19/trump-crowdsources-debate-prep/90708608/

Or quick link: https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/

• Locked thread