Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
And hates his tail bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Am I to understand that AR Fox's gimmick is "head bumps"

Just extremely ill-advised bumps in general really, the guy makes Ibushi and Styles look sensible by comparison

I don't understand how his hips haven't disintegrated from doing that apron leg drop, in 20 years we're going to find out he's a mutant that has an impervious skeleton or something

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I became a fan when he was the slowest high-flyer in the indies. He's cool and has cool trunks and was in a Cage of Death.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

His girlfriend/fiancee/wife loves to hip check me at Beyond shows

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

your 2016 AAW Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament

Drew Gulak
Chuck Taylor
Silas Young
Kamaitachi
Josh Alexander
Bryan Cage
Eddie Kingston
AR Fox
Mat Fitchett
Davey Vega
Prince Mustafa Ali
Jeff Cobb
Colt Cabana
Zack Sabre Jr.
Chris Hero
Fenix

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 20, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

Am I to understand that AR Fox's gimmick is "head bumps"

and copious amounts of weeeeed :420:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/778049264685420544

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

excellent retcon

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/778049041955336199

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

They had to do something like that unless they put the rematch at the start of the tournament. (Like it wasn't going to be Ali...)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They promised more Azteca bookings and more Riddle bookings so shrug

Anyway it's a pretty good lineup !

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That lineup pleases me greatly.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Deathlove posted:

That lineup pleases me greatly.

The only surprise to me is that Sami Callahan isn't in it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah especially since sami is chasing pentagon. maybe he'll challenge at the first november show

I think Fenix wins

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I watched PWG Thirteen and my god is Sami Callihan's hair awful. He's like bald but not bald. He's got long messy greasy looking hair that's incredibly thin. It's so bad if I was him I'd suggest a hair vs. mask match at AAW with his mask hunter gimmick, just so I get an excuse for a haircut.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Being disgusting is to Sami what being big and beautiful is to Hero

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Being disgusting is to Sami what being big and beautiful is to Hero

I'll take em' both. I'm hardcore!!!!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/778399653003948032

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
idk who Deej thinks the market for a televised CZW product is, or why he expects his company's garbage fans to not immediately poo poo all over everything to put themselves over when they do that already without the additional incentive

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

idk who Deej thinks the market for a televised CZW product is, or why he expects his company's garbage fans to not immediately poo poo all over everything to put themselves over when they do that already without the additional incentive

I just realized there was a family with an airhorn at the last AAW show during the Fenix match, and Sami Callihan was there, and man, say what you will about lovely CZW fans, The Sami Callihan Airhorn Extravaganza will never not make me laugh. Thank you for reading my stream of consciousness.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grozz Nuy posted:

If my local fed can get a lovely TV timeslot on a local channel no one watches, I'm sure CZW can get limited regional distribution or something. Hell, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood technically has a national TV deal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fenix over zack sabre jr. in the finals

I would like to see:
ar fox vs kamaitachi
gulak vs cabana
alexander vs hero
cobb vs cage
chuckie t vs silas

full brackets will be revealed next week apparently

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlePro/status/778739358778007552

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ospreay talked about the Vader match in a shoot. Highlights:

* Basically everything everyone warned would happen? Happened
* They had it in writing Ospreay would win
* Day of, Vader wouldn't leave his hotel until he was told he'd go over
* Ever after working it out so that'd happen, Vader had to be walked through how the match would go, step by step, frequently
* Come match time, he forgot it all and Ospreay had to impromptu guide Vader through
* In the end Vader was the only one who came out looking good. Got the win and got a payday, whereas Will's still pissed and talking about it, and so are his fans

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Will Ospreay out here pretending like he didn't get paid more to lose to Vader or get any more noteriety from this carny shitshow that everybody saw coming as soon as he started blasting Vader on twitter

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Ospreay talked about the Vader match in a shoot. Highlights:

* Basically everything everyone warned would happen? Happened
* They had it in writing Ospreay would win
* Day of, Vader wouldn't leave his hotel until he was told he'd go over
* Ever after working it out so that'd happen, Vader had to be walked through how the match would go, step by step, frequently
* Come match time, he forgot it all and Ospreay had to impromptu guide Vader through
* In the end Vader was the only one who came out looking good. Got the win and got a payday, whereas Will's still pissed and talking about it, and so are his fans

Will wants to expose Vader's ego, but not his own. That account is right but he leaves out Will asked for more money himself.

Dunno if Will went into it or if I posted it here before but the UK guys who interacted with Vader felt he was suffering from the early stages of Alzheimers or such like. He would ask about the most basic things several times.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Will is a fuckin dork

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Super No Vacancy posted:

Will is a fuckin dork

Netflips

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

Will wants to expose Vader's ego, but not his own. That account is right but he leaves out Will asked for more money himself.

Dunno if Will went into it or if I posted it here before but the UK guys who interacted with Vader felt he was suffering from the early stages of Alzheimers or such like. He would ask about the most basic things several times.

The way I heard it was that Ospreay asked for more money when he knew that Vader was going over.

Someone who saw Vader in the hotel thought it was as much that he looked terrified of doing so and the money was almost an excuse not to. Guy did not look well by all accounts.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

lol at anyone caring who wins a Vader match, including Vader, in 2016. Let alone figuring out why anyone would want to put one on or watch one.

Just collect a paycheck you doofs

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vader rules.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If i had to deal with that poo poo I'd want more money too

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I like how even Chuck is doing a serious business face but loving Colt still has his goofy bugeyed expression

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/newfoundmass/status/778765500125970432

https://twitter.com/newfoundmass/status/778769124465991680

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/778824803968950273

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Avoid buying tickets to that show with Alberto El Patron vs. Rey Mysterio on October 12 in Yakima, Washington for the time being.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That lineup looked good but I couldn't remember that last time I'd seen wrestling even advertised in WA

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mob posted:

That lineup looked good but I couldn't remember that last time I'd seen wrestling even advertised in WA

That's the thing. When it they do happen in that area it is someone who comes into money who thinks they can run a show and end up realising they can't. In this case the promoter is apparently is well over his head. Expect a lot of the wrestlers to pull out of the show over this weekend or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I worry for Vader's carers.