Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Who even has a CD drive these days

i have a bd-r[w?] drive in muh rig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I would bet 1000 dollars that Trying to Jack Off has one and it's probably sitting underneath a DVD Drive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i have a bd-r[w?] drive in muh rig

I have one on my rig that I bought so I could rip back ups of the haruhi movie special features disc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this comp doesnt even have a dvd drive lol so that aint an option for me. its no biggie. i dont even wanna yt the soundtrack or anything, i know squat about quake 1 and i wanna be all immersed and poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh here's one when I was 12 or 13 or whenever Kingdom Hearts came out I went under the dock in the beginning to try to see up Selphie's dress. lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the sound effects are really good and they were also done by tent renznor iirc so if for some bizarre copyright reason the nail gun isn't making the noise it should then u should swap the soundtracks with a mod :flame::gaben::steam::

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Oh here's one when I was 12 or 13 or whenever Kingdom Hearts came out I went under the dock in the beginning to try to see up Selphie's dress. lmfao

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

the sound effects are really good and they were also done by tent renznor iirc so if for some bizarre copyright reason the nail gun isn't making the noise it should then u should swap the soundtracks with a mod :flame::gaben::steam::

agreed

Wormskull posted:

lolol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just go to YouTube and pull up the ost. Or get a hunch of forks and knives and shake them around in a bin while tazing yourself and screaming.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh that reminds me, the nailgun ammo boxes have the Nine Inch Nails logo on them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

this comp doesnt even have a dvd drive lol so that aint an option for me. its no biggie. i dont even wanna yt the soundtrack or anything, i know squat about quake 1 and i wanna be all immersed and poo poo

the main menu is loving awesome and i try to find clips of it on youtube but its usually just the music and missing the insane attract mode footage they edited to it so i have to boot it up to listen to it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Oh that reminds me, the nailgun ammo boxes have the Nine Inch Nails logo on them.

that is loving sick lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive seen him live like 3 times and now i get to play the nine inch nails video game this weekend

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I yelled SHUB NIGGURATH on the with teeth tour in Boston but I don't think he heard me :(

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NIN live is ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

completely off topic but i last saw them touring w/ soundgarden, they were down here in miami and as soundgarden opened lightning actually struck the stage and hosed up all their equipment and they sounded pretty bad for the duration of the show, cornell was all pissed and rambling about it the whole time lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just played throught Quake 1 level 1 again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Iirc dissolution of eternity is the better addon, but they both have some cool weapon stuff. Kinda want to install darkplaces now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Quake mission packs > q2 mission packs, except for the sticky mine launcher

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I would bet 1000 dollars that Trying to Jack Off has one and it's probably sitting underneath a DVD Drive.

guess what... you just made $1000

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I've been playing Quake for the first time this weekend and freaking out when new enemies pop up behind corners and just goin nuts. I love it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The coolest title is actually Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel but you were close.

It's actually Imagine: Party Babyz

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my gate opens in 15 minutes but im just going to let it be known ive been using the same computer case since 2004 and thats why wormskull could guess that i have a cd drive stacked under a dvd drive. what he couldnt guess is that the cd drive is actually hidden by an old case mod i did as a teenager making it look like i only have 1 drive because i never bothered to do the dvd drive

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

my gate opens in 15 minutes but im just going to let it be known ive been using the same computer case since 2004 and thats why wormskull could guess that i have a cd drive stacked under a dvd drive. what he couldnt guess is that the cd drive is actually hidden by an old case mod i did as a teenager making it look like i only have 1 drive because i never bothered to do the dvd drive

Have a safe flight.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hope you can game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoderman posted:

I've been playing Quake for the first time this weekend and freaking out when new enemies pop up behind corners and just goin nuts. I love it

It's still good to this day

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Have a safe flight.

it was safe. thank you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

SoR Blaze posted:

I've spent a lot of time building parties with long term class-change goals in mind, covering all 4 spellbooks and charting out exactly how each character will transition, but I find the navigation of the world confusing, and always end up quitting right around the first town. Last time I made it to the orc fortress, which I guess is right after. The treatment of every area like it's a dungeon makes it difficult to explore. It's a game that really cries out to be remade with some modern concessions, like a minimap and a re-worked UI, and maybe change the look of some of the environments so that they're more easily distinguished from each other, while leaving the mechanics of the game untouched. I love the look of it, from the character portraits to the monster sprites, from the character screen with the suit of armor and magic circle to the sci-fi meets high fantasy setting. I also think that the experience balance and class change system makes of a really versatile, meaty gameplay that rewards adaptation and preparation equally.

I think wiz8 may be the better game, and I've certainly been more successful with it, but Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant is inextricably linked with the feeling of childhood imagination to me.

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=UJgnLMVbfLg&p=n#/289;298

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I unplugged mine to free power for more hard disks lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I put hoourrss into Enter The Matrix

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

HORMELCHILI posted:

the only guy i knew who spent more than 5 seconds on that game was SUPER schizophrenic

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Knuc U Kinte posted:

X is the best one. I filled the pokedex in that one I liked it so much.

i like black the best not taking into account that the actual best pokemon game is whatever's the newest due to quality of life/mechanical improvements but i also got all the pokemon in y because it was the easiest its ever been. im slowly working on getting one of every pokemon into pokemon bank. pokemon owns

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

HORMELCHILI posted:

me too, when i put a mod chip in my xbox it was the first game i rented for a day and copied to my hard drive. i hadnt even seen the matrix i just thought the bullet time was cool. i still havent played max payne

Soral
May 30, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

i like black the best not taking into account that the actual best pokemon game is whatever's the newest due to quality of life/mechanical improvements but i also got all the pokemon in y because it was the easiest its ever been. im slowly working on getting one of every pokemon into pokemon bank. pokemon owns

i dont think the newest pokemon game being the best is strictly true as a rule but yeah pokemon is very good and i like it very much

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me too, when i put a mod chip in my xbox it was the first game i rented for a day and copied to my hard drive. i hadnt even seen the matrix i just thought the bullet time was cool. i still havent played max payne

gah!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think Heart Gold is the best.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proverb
Jan 1, 2009

terrible, horrible,
no good, very bad

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Still my favorite genny. Finishing Johto and realizing you can do it all again in Kanto AND battling Ash... so epic. First game I filled out my pokedex on.

• Locked thread