Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BiohazrD posted:

every time i use a roku i feel like it must be running on a 8086, every button press on the remote takes a second to register, ui actions animate at like 5 fps

rokus ui is loving garbage compared to atv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I run the PLEX client on an Amazon TV stick and it does perfectly well, the stick itself is a bit slow to wake up from sleep when you first switch on, but for as cheap as it was I can't argue.

About the only annoyance with PLEX is that the PC/WIn client is either a crappy Win8 style paid-for app, or a free 'Media Center' app that has zero mouse control / keyboard only.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
or... you could just buy your media through the itunes store and play it on your apple tv, hassle free

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

infernal machines posted:

or... you could just buy your media through the itunes store and play it on your apple tv, hassle free

i don't even know HOW to download things illegally anymore :(

most things i ever want are on netflix, hulu, hbo, or iTunes rentals tho so whatevs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this would require me to not only buy an apple tv but use itunes :barf:

Elder Postsman posted:

most things i ever want are on netflix, hulu, hbo, or iTunes rentals tho so whatevs

It's hard to use rentals for TV series that aren't on netflix/hulu; if you want to watch one of those torrenting is still your best option

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Elder Postsman posted:

hosed up if true

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

loquacius posted:

if you want to watch one of those torrenting a paid cable tv or satellite subscription is still your best option

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'll rent a movie for $5 but lol at paying $30 for a season of TV

speaking of which does plex still want you to pay a subscription for managing your linux isos?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

speaking of which does plex still want you to pay a subscription

lol if you didnt get in on the $70 lifetime pass

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Management posted:

speaking of which does plex still want you to pay a subscription for managing your linux isos?

nope, almost all the core functionality is free on the server side - the premium pass stuff is mostly fluff on top now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You are receiving this email because you may be using MATLAB on the Apple Mac platform.

The new version of macOS 10.12 “Sierra”, released today, introduces changes that impact many non-United States regions and locales. These changes are not currently compatible with any version of MATLAB. We recommend that you learn more on mathworks.com and do not upgrade to macOS 10.12 at this time if you are impacted.

Please contact MathWorks Support with any questions.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nope, almost all the core functionality is free on the server side - the premium pass stuff is mostly fluff on top now.

Truth. The only Plex Pass feature worth paying for is offline/cloud sync (great for long flights or road trips).

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

if you want to watch one of those torrenting a paid cable tv or satellite subscription and dvr'ing every channel every second of everyday going back 15 years is still your best option
because inexplicably not everything that was ever broadcasted can be purchased online

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hey apple fix your pos servers you shits

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

hey apple fix your pos servers you shits

call the ceo of itunes and have him unlock the most powerful servers

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

you can borrow movies for free at your local library :techno:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
hmm so this "imoji" sticker app lets you take photos and make arbitrary stickers. pasting that "shitters full" kid all over all my convos right now.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
also made a sweet as heck numberwang sticker

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:barf:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
greasy motherfuckers at the apple store

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

dont sign your d&d group name lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

triple sulk posted:

6.5/10

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

courage

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

triple sulk posted:

lmao

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
lmao if you don't windex your phone every morning to get the sebum smudges off.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i keep one of those screen cleaning cloths in my laptop bag and wipe both my laptop and phone screens constantly

but i also have ocd

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

as you can see, touchID fingerprints stay onthe phone and are never trasmitted to apple's servers thus ensuring the most secure performance

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

chances are your phone won't be that greasy unless you make every dude record himself loving your wife during the weekly gangbang.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

rapeface posted:

as you can see, touchID fingerprints stay onthe phone and are never trasmitted to apple's servers thus ensuring the most secure performance

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

rapeface posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rapeface posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

chances are your phone won't be that greasy unless you make every dude record himself loving your wife during the weekly gangbang.

don't shame echi's lifestyle

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

loquacius posted:

why do people keep saying Apple has good UX again

loquacius posted:

So "taptic" is proprietary Apple speak for "haptic feedback" right

instead of going to all this trouble to simulate having a button that moves, they could have had their button actually move, and included a headphone jack

idgi

loquacius posted:

Haven't you always wanted to go scuba-diving with your phone? Haven't you always wanted that way more than you've wanted to be able to short-term replace lost or broken headphones with any given $12 pair of earbuds from a mall kiosk?

loquacius posted:

What's the advantage of Apple TV supposed to be over Roku again

Like, I've heard a lot of nebulous "it's just better" assertions but the only reason my Roku has ever given me to be dissatisfied is that the HBO GO app is bad and unstable (which is par for the HBO course AFAICT)

loquacius posted:

Apple TV is the obvious best choice if you are the kind of person who would own an Apple TV, is what I'm hearing

loquacius posted:

I would have to buy an Apple TV to perform this test so no thank you

Actually a hotel I stayed in recently had apple tvs in every room (it was a hipster hotel) and my main reaction to using it was "I am slightly annoyed by this UI being different from the one I'm used to and this remote doesn't have enough buttons on it" rather than "I can't believe how quick and responsive the Netflix menu is on this wonderful device!!!" or anything like that

I'm aware that that's not really a point against Apple TV, just sayin' the old "give it one try and you'll see how much better it is" scenario didn't happen

loquacius posted:

this would require me to not only buy an apple tv but use itunes :barf:

You sound poor and annoying. Go away.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

don't dox my pub trivia team

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

You sound poor and annoying. Go away.

do we shame people for being poor now my dude because I am IN

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
d....do you not know of the rule

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rapeface posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

d....do you not know of the rule

rule 36 yes yes of course but the rules were expunged and I thought we were all cosplaying a poor person like tori to be cool in the current yospos zeitgeist

• Locked thread