Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i will vote for every single gun restriction until they repeal the second amendment

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Speaking of which, I recently read that Sunnyvale's no-smoking-in-multi-family-dwellings (apartments, condos, etc.) ordinance is due to take effect on October 1. The ordinance applies equally to all forms of smoking including not only tobacco but also marijuana and e-cigs.

sounds like belmont's law?

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
My beef with Prop 63, is how do they plan to enforce that all ammo purchases are in state.

You would give law enforcement probable cause to search any car they want coming into California.

Love or Hate guns it's a problem.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 20, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Big K of Justice posted:

My beef with Prop 63, is how do they plan to enforce that all ammo purchases are in state.

You would give law enforcement probable cause to search any car they want coming into California.

Love or Hate guns it's a problem.

I mean I usually get waved through the ag inspections, but not always

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The NY Times has an email newsletter, California Today, if anyone is interested: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/us/california-today-air-pollution-fossil-fuels.html?_r=0

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

A White Guy posted:

Exactly. "Won't someone think of the poor cigarette smokers :qq: " is a dumb argument. Cigarettes are exceedingly addictive, they make everything smell like poo poo, significantly shorten your lifespan, and have the bonus side effect of giving cancer to everyone who's unfortunate enough to live with a smoker. So, yes, actually punishing people for smoking is fine with me, even if the people who suffer most are those who are the poorest.

Cool. Let's tax the mother loving poo poo out of fast food next!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
If prop 56 did anything but give more money to people who don't need it I'd vote for it.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Good lord is 63 dumb, what on earth is it with liberals and gun control legislation that accomplishes nothing. Oh right, pandering to low info morons.

coupbrick posted:

:agreed:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

coupbrick posted:

Regulating portion size would probably be better since the issues with fast food (soda aside) is quantity, not quality.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

tsa posted:

Good lord is 63 dumb, what on earth is it with liberals and gun control legislation that accomplishes nothing. Oh right, pandering to low info morons.

I'm voting for it to spite you.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

coupbrick posted:

As long as In-N-Out is upgraded to regular restaurant status.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

No. That's not how this works. You get to pay another $4 per meal with no added benefit to you. And there will be pictures of fat people, open heart surgeries, lap band procedures, and Burger King bathrooms on the cups and wrappers.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tsa posted:

:qq: :qq: :qq:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

In-N-Out is overrated

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the only way you can get them to make their fries even halfway decent is to order them "light well"

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I like em well done :tipshat:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

For fast food, Inn-n-out is good, but any local mom n pop burger shop will blow it out of the water.

coupbrick posted:

:agreed:

revolther
May 27, 2008
In-n-Out is McDonald's for people who can't get by on 250k a year.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i might care more for In-n-Out if every single one in LA county wasnt, without fail, jammed to capacity like the last helicopter out of Saigon from start of business to closing every single day

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the only way you can get them to make their fries even halfway decent is to order them "light well"

Who is going to In N Out for the fries though, really?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

fits my needs posted:

Who is going to In N Out for the fries though, really?

Depends if you count animal-style fries.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

i might care more for In-n-Out if every single one in LA county wasnt, without fail, jammed to capacity like the last helicopter out of Saigon from start of business to closing every single day

I wish this was less true

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
anyone got any thoughts about the development freeze measure coming up on the ballot in LA? at first blush it sounds massively counterproductive to me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

One thing nice about their drive thru is a guy with a tablet taking everybody's orders so the line isn't held up by people that can't make up their mind. Having a comparatively simple menu probably helps.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

I wish this was less true

This is why you should just go to twoheys instead

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

anyone got any thoughts about the development freeze measure coming up on the ballot in LA? at first blush it sounds massively counterproductive to me.

NIMBYists gonna NIMBY. FYGMers gonna FYGM.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Five Guys is better than In-N-Out

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sydin posted:

Also: quite a bit more expensive

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sydin posted:

you know i'm in the mood for in-n-out but i want a larger crappier and more expensive burger and a huge bag of even shittier fries

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Five Guys is totally better if the metric you're measuring is "is this burger better at not being very good"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I enjoy animal style fries but have no illusions that I'm eating a slurry of thousand island dressing, American cheese, grilled onions and the mashed potato remnants of their soggy French fries.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Panfilo posted:

I enjoy animal style fries but have no illusions that I'm eating a slurry of thousand island dressing, American cheese, grilled onions and the mashed potato remnants of their soggy French fries.

It is the tits for sure.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Honestly I've always felt In n' Out fries were pretty sub-par on their own; burgers? ok; shakes? pretty good

I just go to local places if I want that stuff

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I feel the same way, I mean it's good but gently caress waiting that long for a burger.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

lancemantis posted:

Honestly I've always felt In n' Out fries were pretty sub-par on their own; burgers? ok; shakes? pretty good

I just go to local places if I want that stuff

Their fries dry out in minutes and they are terrible if you don't get animal style.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

revolther posted:

In-n-Out is McDonald's for people who can't get by on 250k a year.

lol In-N-Out is cheaper than McDonalds now.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you know i'm in the mood for in-n-out but i want a larger crappier and more expensive burger and a huge bag of even shittier fries

See this goon gets it.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

So, to get this thread off fast food chat, Kamala Harris vs Loretta Sanchez? Both of them strike me as grey sunken cunts, but who's more cuntier? Inform me, fat goons.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

A White Guy posted:

So, to get this thread off fast food chat, Kamala Harris vs Loretta Sanchez? Both of them strike me as grey sunken cunts, but who's more cuntier? Inform me, fat goons.

Kamala Harris is actually pretty decent and Loretta Sanchez has said/done some really loving racist poo poo.