Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Alvie posted:

Me too and might I just say that as a person who doesn't care about football or live anywhere near the west coast, gently caress you all for caring so much about this dumb thing.

Great, thanks for your input! Next caller, you're on 105.7 FM, KFUK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
A state senator (Democratic, no less) has spoken up to have the government burden the entire cost of the stadium at a rather astounding 4% increase in room tax, making it a public stadium that the team pays rent to play at.

Worked great for Oakland!

This is just a request for a bill to be drafted to be put on the agenda at a future session, and is somewhere between trolling and ridiculous. Journalists who are covering it in their serious tones for the news are laughing about it on social media, naturally.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Ross Angeles posted:

Vote Yes On C

I can't. I also wouldn't.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Carson is good.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Alvie posted:

Me too and might I just say that as a person who doesn't care about football or live anywhere near the west coast, gently caress you all for caring so much about this dumb thing.

Seriously. Also if there's one thing worse than some goon's dumbfuck opinion it's the other dumbfuck goon who literally spends money trying to attack him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Brady posted:

Seriously. Also if there's one thing worse than some goon's dumbfuck opinion it's the other dumbfuck goon who literally spends money trying to attack him.

I dunno, your avatar says you have bad opinions, so I don't think I can agree with you this time.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
If my point is how loving dumb it is to spend money on e-insults why would you ever think I'd pay to revert my avatar? The only reason SA allows such an immature form of, retaliation?, is because it makes them money.

Also, I was entirely right. D3 is a horrible loving game and pretty much everyone was disappointed in it. To that end I'm actually quite proud of this avatar. Because, you know, it defines who I am as a person, obviously.

"You have an opinion that most people don't agree with, I'm going to spend my own money so that the entire FORUM knows!!!"

It's like the epitome of adolescent stupidity.

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 20, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So this is what Touchdown Tommy is doing with his time. Getting mad about D3.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Br*dy posted:

If my point is how loving dumb it is to spend money on e-insults why would you ever think I'd pay to revert my avatar? The only reason SA allows such an immature form of, retaliation?, is because it makes them money.

Also, I was entirely right. D3 is a horrible loving game and pretty much everyone was disappointed in it. To that end I'm actually quite proud of this avatar. Because, you know, it defines who I am as a person, obviously.

Calm down, ma'm, you're hysterical.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Brady posted:

"You have an opinion that most people don't agree with, I'm going to spend my own money so that the entire FORUM knows!!!"

But what is your opinion on the San Diego Chargers. I think Philip Rivers is good.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
But in all seriousness Tom Brady is the best QB there ever is or was.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Calm down, ma'm, you're hysterical.

No he's right. It's loving goddamn loving bullshit that I can have my good name drug through the loving mud by some gently caress poo poo gently caress rear end who's willing to spend their poo poo money to loving goddamn gently caress gently caress

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
They should trade Rivers for Brady.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Brady posted:

I agree

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Brady posted:

Lmao do you talk like that in real life

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brady posted:

Brady deserves the Chargers just as much as Rivers deserves a team that will love and support him.

Volkerball posted:

No he's right. It's loving goddamn loving bullshit that I can have my good name drug through the loving mud by some gently caress poo poo gently caress rear end who's willing to spend their poo poo money to loving goddamn gently caress gently caress

I'm glad I am using a computer for once, because the Awful App just doesn't do your avatar justice. :allears:

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

hifi posted:

Lmao do you talk like that in real life

Do you buy stickers that say "I have stupid opinions" and stick them on people that disagree with you in real life?

Of course you don't, especially not a goon. They'd get their rear end beat down.

Although yes, I'm very outspoken and will always share my opinion whether it's wanted or not; ESPECIALLY when it's calling out stupidity and I have the chance of irritating someone, but spending money on some e-banner is dumb. You shouldn't need to spend money on something no one gives a gently caress about to get the point across that someone is a loving moron.

In before banner ad about me.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Brady posted:

Do you buy stickers that say "I have stupid opinions" and stick them on people that disagree with you in real life?

Of course you don't, especially not a goon. They'd get their rear end beat down.

Although yes, I'm very outspoken and will always share my opinion whether it's wanted or not; ESPECIALLY when it's calling out stupidity and I have the chance of irritating someone, but spending money on some e-banner is dumb. You shouldn't need to spend money on something no one gives a gently caress about to get the point across that someone is a loving moron.

Joe Flacco: Elite or Not Elite?

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Rookie.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If this is what we get when a team moves then the Chargers, Raiders, and everyone else need to do the right thing and move

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brady posted:

You shouldn't need to spend money on something no one gives a gently caress about to get the point across that someone is a loving moron.

I think whoever bought that banner got their money's worth already.

And Volkerball isn't a loving moron, he just has one moronic opinion: he likes the Raiders.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The 76ers will have a better record than the Boston Celtics this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I always thought banners were kind of silly but fun. Now I feel like they drag people I never want to interact with into threads I frequent and this has profoundly changed me.

RIP, someone's $7.95

edit: .40 of ownage.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 20, 2016

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
That hurts. I was starting to feel at home here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Brady posted:

That hurts. I was starting to feel at home here.

You've still got 2 weeks suspension per the courts of the United States of America.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
To get back to the topic, who exactly is Las Vegas competing with for the Raiders? Oakland is offering no public funding (thankfully) so is there anyone else out there that's willing to pay to move the Raiders?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Adun posted:

To get back to the topic, who exactly is Las Vegas competing with for the Raiders? Oakland is offering no public funding (thankfully) so is there anyone else out there that's willing to pay to move the Raiders?

I don't know if it ever got anywhere near talking funding but San Antonio was courting them early on. Also they can always go be Kroenke's sidekick little brother in LA and make Stan more money.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
London, Toronto, and Mexico City seem like places the NFL will try to put a franchise at some point, but not just yet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Adun posted:

San Diego

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nail Rat posted:

London, Toronto, and Mexico City seem like places the NFL will try to put a franchise at some point, but not just yet.

I'd like to see Mark Davis petitioning foreign governments to pay for his stadium. "no welfare, Señor Rubia".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

They don't even want the Chargers!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nail Rat posted:

London are never getting a team. Ever.

The NFL love to talk about it as if there's a significant population here who even give a poo poo about the NFL. There isn't. Even small-market teams like the Bills or Jags' support would take a nosedive figures-wise here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

They don't even want the Chargers!

Yeah. They don't want the CHARGERS. Specifically

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

London are never getting a team. Ever.

The NFL love to talk about it as if there's a significant population here who even give a poo poo about the NFL. There isn't. Even small-market teams like the Bills or Jags' support would take a nosedive figures-wise here.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean the NFL won't do it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

London can have a team but they still have to sing the Star Spangled Banner and have Stealth Fighters fly over their stadium.

They can serve their food in the concessions though. Can't wait to see what insane poo poo they put up trying to compete with Green Bay.

How do you put chicken tikka masala on a stick?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Would love to see people freaking out about God Save the Queen being sung before MNF. Which is being played at 2:30 AM local time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

London can have a team but they still have to sing the Star Spangled Banner and have Stealth Fighters fly over their stadium.

And god help them if they don't stand. :mad:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

If London ever gets a team the games should all be required to be night games on Saturday or Sunday (so they're actually in the afternoon). I have to start watching football at 8:30 AM when the Colts play the Jags and that's the night after I'll be at a wedding. Hair of the dog I guess.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Brady posted:

/

(no money was spent on this post)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I'd like to see Mark Davis petitioning foreign governments to pay for his stadium. "no welfare, Señor Rubia".

We're going to build a stadium and MEXICO'S GOING TO PAY FOR IT

• Locked thread