Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

So, this is a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZl890jSvQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Oh so they do have 70s-80s dubs but for mangas?!

They got their poo poo together in time for Dragonball, so it's all good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The newest chapter of the DBSuper manga is out. Notably, it shows the fight which resulted in F!Trunks' kaioshin biting the dust.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Directed by Zach Snyder.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:drat:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Always loved those pictures. Also should have a Super revision now that Vegeta got a full Ginyu Force kill and Future Trunks killed off Babidi and Dabura.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Always loved those pictures. Also should have a Super revision now that Vegeta got a full Ginyu Force kill and Future Trunks killed off Babidi and Dabura.

also gotta switch freza from trunks to goku

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rirse posted:

I seem to recall that these may actually exist. At least, I'm confident I've seen Super stuff by that artist.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
How the gently caress can people stand the Ocean dub Cell Saga when Dameon Clarke is the perfect Cell.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Funimation dub isn't 100% perfect but some of the casting is absolutely spot on.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Where's Puar? I think she (he?) qualifies.

poo poo, Puar is male. Never knew.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 20, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Goku can include parents he never met, Yamcha can too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

If Goku can include parents he never met, Yamcha can too.

Yamcha doesn't have parents, he was born from a wish made to the Dragon Balls, to create the greatest loser.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

instead of bring the thread down by saying negative things about yamcha lets say positive things about tien.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

instead of bring the thread down by saying negative things about yamcha lets say positive things about tien.

It took slightly longer for Tien to become irrelevant than Yamcha

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tien held off Cell for a bit and then saved Mr. Satan and Dende from getting merced by Buutenks

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The Kikoho/Tribeam is cooler than the Kamehameha. There I said it. :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Andrast posted:

False Yamcha was never relevant.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yamcha defeated Goku before Tien "Chump" Shinhan did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

And he also has Launch, but when they wished for everyone to forget Buu, they actually included her too.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Vegeta didn't gently caress Launch/Chaiotzou

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 20, 2016

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

False Yamcha was never relevant.

Who knows how long it would have taken to find the Androids if Yamcha hadn't heroically lodged himself on Gero's hand.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Vegeta didn't gently caress Launch/Chaiotzou

Tastes may vary, but I'm reasonably certain Vegeta is happy with how his end turned out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Have Tien and Yamcha done anything cool in Super?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bulma only slept with Vegeta because she was sad that Yamcha was cheating on her, and Vegeta looked lonely.

Yamcha's superior game gave us Future Trunks (also normal Trunks, but I think it's a net win).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rodyle posted:

Have Tien and Yamcha done anything cool in Super?

Yamcha nearly caused the world to end by slapping Beerus in the back.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yamcha nearly caused the world to end by slapping Beerus in the back.

Also by exposing Beerus was dressed as Momoka while fighting Goku.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Yamcha defeated Goku before Tien "Chump" Shinhan did.

Beating a starving child that immediately clowns you when recovered is a pretty terrible achievement, imho.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Grandpa Gohan :eyepop:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Leroy Dennui posted:

Grandpa Gohan :eyepop:

Yeah that part was super jarring. Clearly that part was an accident, I don't think Goku should be standing tall upon his corpse.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Beating a starving child that immediately clowns you when recovered is a pretty terrible achievement, imho.
It's not Yamcha's fault that Goku didn't come prepared. :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I guess I never really thought about it, but in DBZ Yakon and Kid Buu really were Goku's only final confirmed kills, huh? I guess the movies have thrown off my memory.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
At least he finally killed Freeza

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

I guess I never really thought about it, but in DBZ Yakon and Kid Buu really were Goku's only final confirmed kills, huh? I guess the movies have thrown off my memory.

It's easy to forget how most of the time Goku just isn't there in DBZ. He spends nearly the entirety of the Android Saga off-screen, a big part of the Saiyans, and even an important part of Buu. Even when he was on-screen, his usual merciful nature stopped him from taking lives he could have taken easily (Raditz (through Piccolo, without dying), Nappa, the Ginyu Force, fat Buu...) or he's stopped by other factors (Vegeta (through Krillin) because he really wanted a rematch, Freeza because it'd be far more humilliating to let him live).

This is very different from Kid Goku who had a really weird moral compass and would gladly murder anyone who crossed his path. It's honestly horrifying to read some of his lines while thinking just how different he is than how he'd be as an adult. He just fully accepted to destroy the Red Ribbon Army not because it's the right thing to do, not because it would have strong fighters, but because Snow helped him so he'll pay her back in blood. You can very clearly see why Togashi decided it'd be fun to take Kid Goku but put him in a far more cynical world, giving us Gon. Someone who the series does not even pretend isn't creepy as all hell.

Squallege posted:

At least he finally killed Freeza

Even that only happened because he was pushed to the limit, it was either Freeza or everyone Goku loved. Goku was fully okay with forgiving Freeza, who is one of if not the single most evil person he ever met, because hey, he'd be a really cool rival! He even managed to surpass Super Saiyan Blue in only months!
Goku is both really nice, and incredibly dumb.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Keep in mind that Goku turns into a "pacifist" of sorts after training with Kami and traveling the world for a few years on his own. Maybe spending time with what is essentially his world's answer to Jesus mellowed Goku out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Agoat posted:

Yeah that part was super jarring. Clearly that part was an accident, I don't think Goku should be standing tall upon his corpse.

At least Gohan seems to be a good sport about the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He was apparently a good enough person to be granted a heavenly body (albeit as his old self instead of someone a bit more in his prime), so I don't think he has that much to complain about.

• Locked thread