Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Playtest happened in the middle of a move, because of course it did.

Applied to alliance as... Comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Jackard posted:

No point in setting up another discord until the next playtest anyhow, theres no real news on this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI47DqoW4rw

What's Jared Leto doing there?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

No point in setting up another discord until the next playtest anyhow, theres no real news on this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI47DqoW4rw

work on worlds adrift you fucks

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Pfft, who needs discord servers, if anyone really wants to talk to me I can be found by any given dumpster luring stray cats into joining my army.

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

Pavlov posted:

Hey Salt first lesson. If you're going to overuse emojis, at least use the SA ones. We got like, half a million.

:chanpop:

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

Jackard posted:

You couldn't pass the usual method without getting someone to vouch for you.

So how would I go about that?

Anoia posted:

Pfft, who needs discord servers, if anyone really wants to talk to me I can be found by any given dumpster luring stray cats into joining my army.

Is this going to be a cat or a kitten army?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

TheSaltyDragon posted:

What, you don't know anyone here? And you haven't posted outside of this thread. So why do you even want to join?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 20, 2016

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Just say I'm gay cuck cuck and they will let you in.

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

Jackard posted:

What, you don't know anyone here? And you haven't posted outside of this thread. So why do you even want to join?

I read a lot but I dont really post, its funny as gently caress but I dont really post. Idk why tho

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016
I AM OBSESSED WITH MY SEXUALITY I AM A loving MORON, gently caress YOU

TheSaltyDragon fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 20, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

TheSaltyDragon posted:

Is this going to be a cat or a kitten army?

A li'l of both.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheSaltyDragon posted:

I read a lot but I dont really post, its funny as gently caress but I dont really post. Idk why tho

IMO, you should post places. Maybe check out BYOB and say hello in the chat thread there. :)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

In the absence of any real information, why not share fanart for an early access game still in closed alpha?

This, my darling, is the Zybourne Clock.

Wait, does this game have cartoon duck people?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Well, I'm convinced.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The eyes on the dude with the map.

:wtc:

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

Excelsiortothemax posted:

The eyes on the dude with the map.

:wtc:

I think he's on a little :okpos:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jackard posted:

In the absence of any real information, why not share fanart for an early access game still in closed alpha?

This, my darling, is the Zybourne Clock.

Wait, does this game have cartoon duck people?

:yikes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
work on worlds adrift you fucks :argh:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

work on worlds adrift you fucks :argh:

:agreed: :same:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Latest post was three days ago: https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/alpha-4-beyond/

quote:

Hello traveller! It’s been a busy month for us here at Bossa Studios. We ran our Alpha 4.0 playtest just over a month ago, and then Alpha 4.1 a couple of weeks ago. In our last blog post, we shared the experiences of some of our testers, in particular one crew’s journey through a storm wall. Those are the kinds of stories we want you to tell through Worlds Adrift – they’re at the heart of why we’re making this game.

We also got a ton of feedback from players – some we expected, and some we didn’t! What definitely took us by surprise was the incredible turnout, and we couldn’t have done it without our longtime alpha testers that have been with us since the very beginning, as well as the new players we brought in this cycle, and everybody in between. So again, big thanks to all of you, from us – especially those of you who faithfully tested the queue under load (and helped us find a nasty bug in the loading screen!).

Alpha 4.1 only ran for a brief 48 hours, but soon we’ll want to run one that lasts for a lot longer; that’ll give us valuable information about how the world behaves after multiple server maintenance events, as well as find out how players play when they’re not incredibly time constrained. A lot of longterm gameplay features are coming soon, and won’t really receive any decent testing if we don’t give you time to experience them properly.

Speaking of which, we’re now working hard to finish adding some key features to the game, in preparation for the fifth round of alpha testing. You’ll be happy to hear sails are coming in, which should considerably change the early game experience. Another feature that just missed the cutoff for Alpha 4 is the revamped multitool – now renamed the gauntlet. We’re generally much happier with how it feels to harvest, salvage, and repair with the gauntlet now, and hopefully you’ll agree.

Next, perhaps the most anticipated feature for months now will make its debut in Alpha 5: the new and revamped shipyard, which allows players to shape their own ship hulls. We’re all really looking forward to all the awesome designs players will come up with to crash the server fill the skies. And finally, a ton of changes in response to your Alpha 4 feedback have been planned, some of which will be a quick enough turnaround to make it into Alpha 5.

That’s all from us this week! Next week Jack will be blogging a bit about male characters – oh yeah, that’s another thing coming in Alpha 5… grapple on, and safe travels.
Bolded the only important bits.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I've seen multiple videos now of players shaping their own ship hulls with that grid system- has that not been in beta/alpha testing?

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
It wasn't in the latest alpha run, but they've been demonstrating it in a few videos now, so I'm guessing eventually it'll be stable enough to be included in the player client.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I look forward to the day where I can build flying frilled dicks and ram them into RPing pirate weebs.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

I look forward to the day where I can build flying frilled dicks and ram them into RPing pirate weebs.

if thats all this game turns out to be, it will be worth 40 bucks

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I just want to build something really efficient and then murder people with it.

Nothing fancy here, maybe it wouldnt even look like a ship

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
can we meet in the middle on an efficient penis ship?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think we can all strive for elegant efficiency in our dongships. Everyone knows it's not size that matters.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
No its the efficiency.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Blazing Zero posted:

can we meet in the middle on an efficient penis ship?

We'll have to go to one side, then the other, and back again, over and over again.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

This must happen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dong ships are why i have hope for this one yet

me, well im gonna design a vulva armada that entraps dong ships and snaps them in half with a hard 180 turn~ :o:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Lol

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

me, well im gonna design a vulva armada that entraps dong ships and snaps them in half with a hard 180 turn~ :o:

They'll never be able to target the ship's weak point either.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lastgirl posted:

Add a sharp door that cuts ships in half after they enter, call it the Dentata fleet.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Add a sharp door that cuts ships in half after they enter, call it the Dentata fleet.

Great post + user name combo

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Steamfleet Dentata

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

fans are discussing "proper etiquette when encountering unknown vessels"

quote:

MeisterKeen: I think a rule, when approaching any vessel in a friendly way, should be to approach slowly at half power, and at same altitude.
Swift-Sausage: If you do it right, gliders barely lose altitude in flight, combined with a grapple maneuver to launch you into the air you can reach a nearby ship at the same altitude as you.
MeisterKeen: Same altitude means both ships are taking equal risk: no advantage either way
MeisterKeen: Good point on the gliders, though
MeisterKeen: I suppose a respectful distance between two ships would be something barely within glider range. If you see a boarding action coming your way you have plenty of time to react
MeisterKeen: Also! Gliders are a risk for the person doing the gliding: there's a word for a flying target; "skeet"
:allears:

TheSaltyDragon
Sep 9, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

They call it The S.R.R Bayblade

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

fans are discussing "proper etiquette when encountering unknown vessels"

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

...I feel kinda bad at how easy it's gonna be to enrage the average player, based off that.

Kinda.