Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How do you say 'there's two going mid to B and one lurking Xbox' with radio commands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

http://soundfxcenter.com/video-games/counter-strike/8d82b5_CS_Get_Out_of_There_Its_Gonna_Blow_Sound_Effect.mp3

the only utility in radio comms is that people cannot mute them in any way

vvvvv just type 'ignorerad' in console I guess, but if any of you ever ignore me I'm throwing

sleppy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 20, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
There's a console command that mutes them. I forget what it is though.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Spiros posted:

Use a mic or you're automatically limiting yourself to being a very bad player. Period.

I got a friend who plays at 1000 @ 6 sens and it breaks my heart :smith:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Elman posted:

you're not a real friend if you let that kind of poo poo happen on your watch

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elman posted:

Have you considered having him put down? :ohdear:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/CleanBearHumbleLife

oh okay guardian

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lol

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elman posted:

i think there are people with cerebral palsy who would have better aim then him

Bohemian Nights posted:

Have you considered having him put down? :ohdear:

reported for telling people to kill themselves ya noob

ninja: well telling someone to use euthanasia on an imbecile but i digress

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 20, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Icept posted:

you're not a real friend if you let that kind of poo poo happen on your watch

Trust me, we've tried. There's nothing we can do :negative:

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Dancer posted:

Mic-less rear end

Yes, you're free to play however poorly you want and not having a mic is only one possible way to play poorly and anger your teammates. Those things being true doesn't make your arguments any better. Buy a mic or stick to casual for the sake of the other players actually playing the game correctly.

I went 38 and 19 in an MM game the other day and still lost. Why? Only one guy on my team had a mic.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i won a game 16-5 where literally noone on my team used voice comms
why?
we weren't poo poo

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah but you're a cheater soooooo

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mcvey posted:

How do you say 'there's two going mid to B and one lurking Xbox' with radio commands?

people don't use their mics for that

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*deep sigh* WHAT THE gently caress I SHOULDA KILLED THAT GUY hes B YOU IDIOTS

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you should always play using every advantage you can muster, and doing otherwise is worse than being bad, it's gimping your growth to not bad

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

you should always play using every advantage you can muster, and doing otherwise is worse than being bad, it's gimping your growth to not bad

I'll get some cheats

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

henne posted:

Yeah but you're a cheater soooooo

only when im winning

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Crimson posted:

Yes, you're free to play however poorly you want and not having a mic is only one possible way to play poorly and anger your teammates. Those things being true doesn't make your arguments any better. Buy a mic or stick to casual for the sake of the other players actually playing the game correctly.

I went 38 and 19 in an MM game the other day and still lost. Why? Only one guy on my team had a mic.

Okay so I'm Gold Nova Master. I will not in any way argue that that's a good rank, but it's my rank. It's where the matchmaker got me after a bunch of games (without a mic). Apparently my competency in the set of skills required to play CS:GO (which includes my communication skills, of which capacity to use a mic is a subset) has gotten me to Gold Nova Master. Any teammates of mine *who have a mic* will presumably be worse at other skills (otherwise they'd be higher than GNM) and will do any number of other things to "play poorly and anger me". I won't get angry at the guy buying AK + Deagle + smoke when he could've bought AK + full armour instead (happened in one of my last games), so why should I limit myself to casual when he won't? This is why we have a matchmaker. People who are like *omg nub buy a mic or getout* can get gud and shoot past me in ranks, and I will play the game the way I feel comfortable instead of sticking to some random internet rear end in a top hat's expectations of how I'm supposed to play my game. If you can't stand people being bad in your team then stop playing team games (or play as well as you want your teammates to play so you get matched with them instead).

Edit: For the record I'm not arguing that buying AK Deagle Smoke instead of AK full armour makes one "unworthy of MM". It just means that if you're trying to get better (or if you already believe you "belong" in a higher rank lol) then you should accept that that's a bad buy and your bad buys will limit your capacity to rank up. It's a matchmaker, your bad plays are your business. If you want to have any influence over other people's bad plays, work on building a team and feel free to play with them. People I queue up with know that I don't have a mic and they're not assholes about it.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 21, 2016

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't queue with anyone, I only use an ump, and even though I have a mic I pretty much don't talk. It's fun.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 21, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Dancer posted:

Okay so I'm Gold Nova Master. I will not in any way argue that that's a good rank, but it's my rank. It's where the matchmaker got me after a bunch of games (without a mic). Apparently my competency in the set of skills required to play CS:GO (which includes my communication skills, of which capacity to use a mic is a subset) has gotten me to Gold Nova Master. Any teammates of mine *who have a mic* will presumably be worse at other skills (otherwise they'd be higher than GNM) and will do any number of other things to "play poorly and anger me". I won't get angry at the guy buying AK + Deagle + smoke when he could've bought AK + full armour instead (happened in one of my last games), so why should I limit myself to casual when he won't? This is why we have a matchmaker. People who are like *omg nub buy a mic or getout* can get gud and shoot past me in ranks, and I will play the game the way I feel comfortable instead of sticking to some random internet rear end in a top hat's expectations of how I'm supposed to play my game. If you can't stand people being bad in your team then stop playing team games (or play as well as you want your teammates to play so you get matched with them instead).

Edit: For the record I'm not arguing that buying AK Deagle Smoke instead of AK full armour makes one "unworthy of MM". It just means that if you're trying to get better (or if you already believe you "belong" in a higher rank lol) then you should accept that that's a bad buy and your bad buys will limit your capacity to rank up. It's a matchmaker, your bad plays are your business. If you want to have any influence over other people's bad plays, work on building a team and feel free to play with them. People I queue up with know that I don't have a mic and they're not assholes about it.

just buy a loving mic

edit: I will buy you a loving mic if you are living on the street or something

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Dancer posted:

Just buy a god drat mic. Is this really the hill that you want to die on?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
prerelease patch notes:

"default rate set to 196,608 to accomodate players with 1.5Mbps+ connections"

lmao so the default rate of 80,000 was for people with 512k? nuts

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
cool they fixed the jump bug

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Why would you play THE competitive shooter and not have a mic?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

easiest fix is to stop playing other games

Actually the easiest fix is to chill the gently caress out and play CS.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dancer posted:

maybe think about buying a microphone to express your feelings for $3 before you buy a $10 sa account to write walls of text no on cares about you poor sonavabitch

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm a fan of the folks with $3 mics who I can't understand at all. Some sound like they're under water or standing next to the intake of a turbine engine.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
while i still maintain you gotta calm down if a teammate has no mic, by loving god's good graces get a loving microphone

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Demostrs posted:

maybe think about buying a microphone to express your feelings for $3 before you buy a $10 sa account to write walls of text no on cares about you poor sonavabitch

you have to pay for your own sa account before you can talk about others

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

Dude, he's still paying for his choice in clothing, calm down.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Up Circle posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean i paid for my sa account with birthday money

Ozmiander posted:

Dude, he's still paying for his choice in clothing, calm down.

cmonBra

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 21, 2016

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Manssiere.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*blows candles, silently wishes to be a goon, Mr. Pink finger curls*

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiros posted:

*blows candles, silently wishes to be a goon, Mr. Pink finger curls*

"It isn't fair, it isn't right," Mr. Pink screamed, and then they were upon him.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Demostrs posted:

"It isn't fair, it isn't right," Mr. Pink screamed, and then they were upon him.

Ha

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
quit buying mics you plebs. Skins = wins. you're wasting valuable skin money.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

exethan posted:

prerelease patch notes:

"default rate set to 196,608 to accomodate players with 1.5Mbps+ connections"

its lit gamers

https://i.imgur.com/rnl1fmL.mp4

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 21, 2016

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.