Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuckin' nanomachines! How do they work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Actually the injection is a red-herring, he was chosen by The Spirit of The Cool Car.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What If Overdrive got into Ghost Rider's car?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

While wearing the symbionts.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SynthOrange posted:

And if it fights the Batmobile, how much prep time does the Batmobile get?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lobok posted:

If you ever played Crackdown and remember watching your vehicle upgrade, he has an extremely loosely defined ability to do that to any [motor?] vehicle.

Or if Pimp My Ride was a show where each person's car was changed not by a team of mechanics and body shop wunderkinds but by Xzibit's Midas touch, that is Overdrive.
Shame they don't have the Transformers comics license any more.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Ok, I'm a bit late for this, but...

The Sign of the Seraphim is just making an X in front of you with your arms. Making an X in front of you with your arms is all you need to protect yourself from curses? Cyclops really was right!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Wait, how the hell did a mob boss's injection do that? That's so broadly defined and magical! It's like if an amateur chemist mixed some prescription drugs together and created the Green Lantern ring.

Amateur chemists mixing drugs together is how like half the DCU got their powers. Don't hate.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

dordreff posted:

Amateur chemists mixing drugs together is how like half the DCU got their powers. Don't hate.

Overdrive's powers come from a similar source as Cloak's and Dagger's and considering what the two of them can do Overdrive is pretty underpowered. Nano-bacteria isn't as potent as synthetic heroin...?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dordreff posted:

Didn't the original Flash get his powers by getting sleepy in the Chem Lab and mixing the wrong beakers?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Didn't the original Flash get his powers by getting sleepy in the Chem Lab and mixing the wrong beakers?

Kinda. He stopped for a smoke in the middle of a chemistry experiment and knocked over a rack of chemicals.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The 40s, ladies and gentlemen!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bruceski posted:

The 40s, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm Patriot Gal! I was doing my duty in a military factory while the boys were socking it to Hitler when the radioactive materials I was using as glow in the dark make up gave me the power to die a slow painful death!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Actually the injection is a red-herring, he was chosen by The Spirit of The Cool Car.

Bitten by a radioactive Lambo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He later learns that his powers tap into the Pimpforce.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Who What Now posted:

3/4 of the Flashes have gained their powers this way, even if lightning was slightly involved for some of them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The Sentry got juiced by :catdrugs: as well.

Whoops, let's try this one instead...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dordreff posted:

3/4 of the Flashes have gained their powers this way, even if lightning was slightly involved for some of them.

So the common theme is speedsters get their powers through incompetent dipshittery.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's a meth joke in there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman #7.
Clark promises to take an evening's rest from superheroing to take the family to the fair.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It was totally Batman

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It'd be funnier if it was Batman and Clark called him in as a favor just to deal with two random robbers, using a Boom Tube and everything.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #7.
Clark promises to take an evening's rest from superheroing to take the family to the fair.

How is this run? Is it completely tied up in company-wide event bullshit or can it be enjoyed on its own?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How is this run? Is it completely tied up in company-wide event bullshit or can it be enjoyed on its own?

The idea of Superman and Lois crossing continuities is complicated (read about Convergence and the Lois and Clark miniseries,) but the comic it's self is past that and telling it's own story so far.
While Action Comics is doing the traditional big battles, this is more concerned about the family and Superman raising his Superkid. It's very sweet and has great artists.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

mind the walrus posted:

It'd be funnier if it was Batman and Clark called him in as a favor just to deal with two random robbers, using a Boom Tube and everything.

I would read a mini-series about Batman following Clark around just to do stuff like that without him knowing to get him in trouble. Would have been a better way to handle BvsS anyway

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've met hospice patients that handled the Batman v Superman conflict better than BvS

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's been completely self contained so far. Its a great balance of nice family moments and the whole family fighting the Eradicator on the Moon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Eradicator on the moon! I herald human doom! But there ain't no earthlings, so I sit here cursing, and sing my eradicating tune!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a rat done bit my sister nel today, with eradicator on the moon

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #7.

I love Lois as Calvin's mom.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

It's been completely self contained so far. Its a great balance of nice family moments and the whole family fighting the Eradicator on the Moon.

I like that the down to Earth family book is also the one that introduced Batman's secret moon-Batcave, guarded by robotic bats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superman has risen to the top and is without a doubt the best book DC has launched under the Rebirth banner.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not quite a panel, but from the Vision #11 (the second to last comic Tom King is allowed to write for Marvel since he signed exclusively with the other guys) letters page.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Dunno how much it matters, but after I don't know how long of enjoying this thread, it actually got me to buy something on Comixology. I got the Ms. Marvel bundle, and if/once there's a Gwenpool bundle I might get that too. The latter is what actually got me interested in getting anything, but seeing there's no Gwenpool bundle yet while there's one for Kamala I decided to start out with her story.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not quite a panel, but from the Vision #11 (the second to last comic Tom King is allowed to write for Marvel since he signed exclusively with the other guys) letters page.

I read that free Batman issue that was handed out last week(end) for Batman day. Some joker had Tom's name on it for some reason. He should sue for slander, because the Batman issue was just awful. It's like if someone 8 years old wrote for Batman.

"What if, Batman jumped off a building, into the Batmobile, which rocketed him into the sky, and then he lassos a plane, uses rockets to steer it, and gets it into the water?"

That Tom King should sue whoever that joker is! I'm glad Marvel Tom King only wrote the one series.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

IUG posted:

"What if, Batman jumped off a building, into the Batmobile, which rocketed him into the sky, and then he lassos a plane, uses rockets to steer it, and gets it into the water?"

I don't know, sounds pretty awesome.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Selachian posted:

Kinda. He stopped for a smoke in the middle of a chemistry experiment and knocked over a rack of chemicals.

If we have 'Talk Like a Pirate' Day, why can't we have a 40s-speak day?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jeez Stan, that's a little mean.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No, no he's right there. First Spidey gets a girlfriend and then he gets married and then no one can relate to him anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

Jeez Stan, that's a little mean.

I know where Brookline is, but I wonder what "Brookline 46" is.

Also, I miss the old-fashioned state-name abbreviations. :allears: