Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The latest update is pretty sweet. Great job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Samsung S4mini, I'm getting this weird thing where attempting to turn on embedded tweets causes them to flash between the hyperlink and the plain text of the tweet, about once or twice a second.

I think it's been that way for a few versions so I don't know if this is a known issue? I don't normally have it turned on anyway because I try to minimise data usage, and use the app more on my N7 in any case.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Thanks for the update.

Can we get a toggle on the forum index tags? They are large and causing a lot of scrolling.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

One thing I noticed that if you toggle the ratings off, the space where the ratings would go remain blank rather than the thread title expanding to fill the space.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Please to set thread tags to gone instead of invisible when disabling them, tia

Edit: basically the same issue as above ^^^

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Display Image feature is great, thank you :)

Is there a way to hide the images on the forum index?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the MIUI link crash fix/workaround.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Gadzuko posted:

I'm getting some glitching when scrolling up or down on the forum index, the thread icon colors flicker white or change color for an instant. Nexus 5x on 7.0. I'm not in the beta so this is the most recent live version.

the subforum icons go full :pcgaming: kaleidoscope any time i scroll on the main index view. not just for an instant either, the icons stay a different color when i stop scrolling.

e: i also have a nexus 5x on 7.0

e2: seems like its just the inner frog silhouette that changes

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Slick update. Nice work.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Looks web 2.0 as heck now!

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

+1 for the nexus 5x on 7.0 icon flicker.

There's also something within the last 19 posts of the Awful Kickstarters thread that causes a crash without fail for me.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I think the flicker is the icons being colored in.

As for the crash, apparently GBS is admin only for now and the app just freaks the gently caress out. I'll see what I can do but it's probably going to resolve itself today anyway.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
^A-ha.

Also getting the kaleidoscope on my 5x - it's kind of neat.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Renaissance Robot posted:

Samsung S4mini, I'm getting this weird thing where attempting to turn on embedded tweets causes them to flash between the hyperlink and the plain text of the tweet, about once or twice a second.

I think it's been that way for a few versions so I don't know if this is a known issue? I don't normally have it turned on anyway because I try to minimise data usage, and use the app more on my N7 in any case.

I just had to switch back to my old S4 mini temporarily and it has the same issue. I'm assuming it's because this thing is running an old as hell version of Android.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

In case GBS stays hidden for like a week (or actually permanently, though probably not):

3.2.5.0b
- Fix for crash when trying to view threads you have no permission to (e.g. accessing threads via bookmarks that are in the currently hidden GBS)

By the way, you can refresh the forum index in the settings.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

By the way, I'm noticing a lot fewer crashes in image - heavy situations since the update. Good work! :)

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Sereri posted:

I think the flicker is the icons being colored in.

Are they supposed to keep changing color though? The icons load fine initially but then they change as soon as the page starts to scroll. Like Lutha Mahtin said it's just the frog silhouette but they all change color at once, all the same color, and in sequence. It's like scrolling is altering a RGB value, it always goes in the same sequence of colors. Different sequences whether you're going up or down, but not in any normal color wheel kind of order. Brown > green > orange > light blue > darker blue etc.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh wow. For some reason whenever a new frog comes into view, it's color is also applied to all the other frogs. What the gently caress.

The obvious course of action is to reflash marshmallow to your phone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

3.2.5.0c
- Fast fix for flickering frogs

I hope that's it on the urgency front, see you guys at the next non-beta version in 2017 :v:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

App is great, updates are great. But the GBS Swole thread is causing the app to crash. Probably too swole for this app, brothers.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Post in YLLS? Not in this lifetime, brother.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The image options still don't work on attached images for me, just on images in [img] tags

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

App is great, updates are great. But the GBS Swole thread is causing the app to crash. Probably too swole for this app, brothers.

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Post in YLLS? Not in this lifetime, brother.

All GBS threads crash if you haven't updated to the beta, because GBS is gone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Wait for the update that fixes the crashes. Nothing I can do about GBS though.

spankmeister posted:

The image options still don't work on attached images for me, just on images in [img] tags

Weird, because it works for. Maybe an edge-case, got a link?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm on beta (I just realized I didn't remember that when posting about the attachment problem!) and I am crash city.

Ugh just saw the post before mine. Sorry, not rushing you, Sereri, you are doing great!

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 21, 2016

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

Wait for the update that fixes the crashes. Nothing I can do about GBS though.

Weird, because it works for. Maybe an edge-case, got a link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695908&pagenumber=254#post464454776

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Works for me. Are you on the latest version? It's the one where Paranormal / Conspiracy has P/C over the frog.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Animated emoticons are the best :pcgaming:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

Works for me. Are you on the latest version? It's the one where Paranormal / Conspiracy has P/C over the frog.

I was positive I had 3.2.5.0, but I updated and it works now. Sorry for wasting your time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's too bad emoticons start off paused if you enable the pause animated gifs by default option.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
I'm loving the new version, but you seem to have forgotten to spin any frogs?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

sweart gliwere posted:

I'm loving the new version, but you seem to have forgotten to spin any frogs?

I was trying to get the BYOB tag to spin but if you get back to the forum index, Android tries to quickly catch up to how its supposed to be and it looks stupid.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

notZaar posted:

It's too bad emoticons start off paused if you enable the pause animated gifs by default option.

That's what the option's for though! Animating uses more resources (and power) so it defaults to off to conserve battery. Yeah it also stops 50MB gifs but that wasn't the main idea

e- here's this page with animations off, then the little :pcgaming: frog in action

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 21, 2016

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

baka kaba posted:

That's what the option's for though! Animating uses more resources (and power) so it defaults to off to conserve battery. Yeah it also stops 50MB gifs but that wasn't the main idea

Well it's often enough that some joker will post 100 copies of the same GIF in a giant post so I think it's better to leave it off.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Please allow me to turn off the forum icons and kill the giant blank space to the left when thread icons are off and on subforums

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 21, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bummer the psychedelic frogs kinda grew on me the last month or so

I complained about the empty space and the huge space wasting in forums view on small phones when they first redid the drop downs and they said tough poo poo cuz that's how it works now or something though so don't get your hopes up

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why does the description in the play store say somethingisawful.com instead of somethingawful.com?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 21, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just noticed that the app now plays videos in embedded tweets directly instead of asking to open the Twitter app, that's cool

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
For some reason the JAPAN.JPG keeps crashing the app on a nexus 6p when accessed from my book marks. I have 11 unread posts on it so it might be something near the end of that thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695572

I have not seen another thread do this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

In case GBS stays hidden for like a week (or actually permanently, though probably not):

3.2.5.0b
- Fix for crash when trying to view threads you have no permission to (e.g. accessing threads via bookmarks that are in the currently hidden GBS)

By the way, you can refresh the forum index in the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

GutBomb posted:

Why does the description in the play store say somethingisawful.com instead of somethingawful.com?

That's a little bit of humor to spice up your day chief.