Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ghost driver doesn't really have the same ring to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Ghost driver doesn't really have the same ring to it

Ghost Rider in a car doesn't really make sense.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ToastyPotato posted:

Also either one of the writers or producers explicitly stated the age up was so they can make her be seductive because that is a key part of her character.

I'm pretty sure if you tracked all the stuff said in Gotham interviews, the results would be completely insane and impossible to get any sort of consistent opinion from. Like, apparently comic accuracy was so important to them they needed a sexy Poison Ivy but then there's everything else in Gotham.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Ghost Rider in a car doesn't really make sense.

Neither did Knight Rider but it's still a cool name

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

mycot posted:

I'm pretty sure if you tracked all the stuff said in Gotham interviews, the results would be completely insane and impossible to get any sort of consistent opinion from. Like, apparently comic accuracy was so important to them they needed a sexy Poison Ivy but then there's everything else in Gotham.

I think in this case the quote about Ivy kind of betrays their own bullshit. They aged her up for pure T and A, basically from their own words, and then tried to cover it with comic logic, which no one but the saddest fanboys are going to buy. They obviously couldn't give less of a drat about comic book accuracy given that the whole existence of the show is the antithesis of that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The words "design by committee" perfectly describe Gotham and its creative decisions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He rode a horse. You don't really "ride" a car.

No that's the Phantom Rider.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

No that's the Phantom Rider.

I'm suddenly not certain if you're kidding or not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantom Rider is related to but legally distinct from Ghost Rider.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You absolutely ride in a car, what the hell are you people even talking about?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That phrasing really implies that Ghost Rider gets lifts from someone else.

Ghost "can I get a ride"r

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As long as you are in the car you are riding in it regardless of if you are also driving it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Welp never mind, I messed up. :D

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

That phrasing really implies that Ghost Rider gets lifts from someone else.

Ghost "can I get a ride"r
Ghost Scrub

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You clearly haven't met his sidekick, Ghost Chauffeur.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

As long as you are in the car you are riding in it regardless of if you are also driving it.
Plus isn't it more that a ghost is "riding" someone by possessing them? That sounded dirtier than I thought it would

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I want the interpretation where everything that Ghost Rider rides or drives becomes demonic, whether motorcycle, car, camel, or industrial excavator.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus isn't it more that a ghost is "riding" someone by possessing them? That sounded dirtier than I thought it would

Technically I guess.

jscolon2.0 posted:

I want the interpretation where everything that Ghost Rider rides or drives becomes demonic, whether motorcycle, car, camel, or industrial excavator.

That is pretty much how it works.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

jscolon2.0 posted:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ghost Rider is awesome and his effects look amazing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

jscolon2.0 posted:

This actually, literally is what happens in Spirit of Vengeance (minus camel).

It's surprisingly lame.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

X-O posted:

Ghost Rider is awesome and his effects look amazing.

The fact the he doesn't have his own show is a travesty. The episode was alright. GR was the highlight, probably as expected. Most of the episode spun its wheels setting up the new status quo, so hopefully the next episode moves a bit better. Also confused as to the mysterious treatment of the new director when he is neither a high profile comic character, nor is he played by a major celebrity. He's literally just "some guy" and they are building him up as some big deal. Weird choice.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wasn't there a Ghost Rider on a flaming camel in the Jason Aaron run?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

mycot posted:

It's surprisingly lame.

You shut your dirty whore mouth

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

You absolutely ride in a car, what the hell are you people even talking about?

You ride in a car if you're a passenger, If you're the one with your hands on the wheel you aren't riding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

You ride in a car if you're a passenger, If you're the one with your hands on the wheel you aren't riding.

Oh come on man, it's just like when you drive a plane.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

If the car is transporting you then you are riding in it. Ride is even a synonym for car. It's not hard people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

If the car is transporting you then you are riding in it. Ride is even a synonym for car. It's not hard people.

No one with a competent command of the english language says "I'm riding my car."

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Gavok posted:

Wasn't there a Ghost Rider on a flaming camel in the Jason Aaron run?

Pretty certain the Aaron run establishing a Ghost Rider that rode on everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Oh come on man, it's just like when you drive a plane.

I know you're being sarcastic and are on my side about this, but reading the words "drive a plane" makes me so loving angry for reasons I can't explain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

Pretty certain the Aaron run establishing a Ghost Rider that rode on everything.

I think there was a Ghost Rider who rode a loving shark.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

You ride your car to work?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Inside of it yes. Also please use the edit button, there's no reason for that to be 3 separate posts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I know you're being sarcastic and are on my side about this, but reading the words "drive a plane" makes me so loving angry for reasons I can't explain.

It made my head hurt a little when I typed it.

X-O posted:

Inside of it yes. Also please use the edit button, there's no reason for that to be 3 separate posts.

Nope. You drive your car to work. As I said above, unless you're an idiot nobody says "I ride my car!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The ghost rides the host body

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

mycot posted:

It's surprisingly awesome.

FTFY

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And the AoS version of Ghost Rider looks loving amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a plane Ghost Rider.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

There's a plane Ghost Rider.

Pilots don't ride a plane either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Pilots don't ride a plane either.

George Carlin had a bit about ignoring the airport announcement to get on the plane. He said "gently caress YOU! I'm getting IN the plane!"