Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

fishmech posted:

They're just banging together a bunch of cheap parts that don't even need to do anything. It's not something complicated like electronics or whatever. Plus if you look closely on the page they've already set things up so only early orderers could get them delivered before the end of this year, with the tiers still open having delivery claimed by March next year.

If they ship and one of the sides sticks easily or whatever they're just going to say it makes it better for fidgeting.

Fidget-gadget is one of the few things that gets better the harder it is to use, so they should be pretty OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
i pledged 22 US dollars for The Cube

i have adhd and i fidget with my hair. stress balls don't satisfy my hand's need for fidgeting, and i've tried pens and stuff which didn't work, so i got this to try out

roast me

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

bvoid posted:

roast me

god beat us 2 it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bvoid posted:

i have adhd and i fidget with my hair. stress balls don't satisfy my hand's need for fidgeting, and i've tried pens and stuff which didn't work, so i got this to try out

roast me

You should have paid more attention to their reward tiers, because you can get one for three dollars less.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

bvoid posted:

roast me

Stop being a loving child and deal with your issues like an adult.
Meaning drink at home, away from others.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lactate-threshold/lvl-the-first-wearable-hydration-monitor?ref=category_popular

It's one of those fitness monitor watch things, but they claim it measures how hydrated you are. Would anyone know if that's technically possible by any means?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cockmaster posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lactate-threshold/lvl-the-first-wearable-hydration-monitor?ref=category_popular

It's one of those fitness monitor watch things, but they claim it measures how hydrated you are. Would anyone know if that's technically possible by any means?

The whole page is a tremendous pile of bullshit. Intuitive mood input?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cockmaster posted:

If only the body had some sort of built-in notification that you needed to hydrate.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
How about a meta-soylent, some kind of nutrient loaded transdermal patch? For coders with no time for drinking liquids.

I'll call em slappers.

Please deposit my dump truck full of Kickstarter money in my backyard please :smug:

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Soylent is really convenient for an instant breakfast and it has actual nutritional value, which is a cool bonus for food that costs $2 a meal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I'm sure there's SOME nutritional value in mold.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

MrMenshevik posted:

Soylent is really convenient for an instant breakfast and it has actual nutritional value, which is a cool bonus for food that costs $2 a meal.

Heavy metals? More like flavor sauce! :downs:

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Panfilo posted:

Heavy metals? More like flavor sauce! :downs:

I'm afraid I don't follow. Is there some reason soylent isn't a good thing to drink for breakfast?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

MrMenshevik posted:

I'm afraid I don't follow. Is there some reason soylent isn't a good thing to drink for breakfast?

Where did you come from?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fishmech posted:

They're just banging together a bunch of cheap parts that don't even need to do anything. It's not something complicated like electronics or whatever. Plus if you look closely on the page they've already set things up so only early orderers could get them delivered before the end of this year, with the tiers still open having delivery claimed by March next year.

If they ship and one of the sides sticks easily or whatever they're just going to say it makes it better for fidgeting.

So like I said, it's a scam.

The internet makes you stupid.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Shoot light of the correct wavelength into someone, measure what bounces out, do some processing and who knows what you can measure. No way the thing works though. They're capitalizing on the whole "if you're thirsty you're already dehydrated" bullshit.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MrMenshevik posted:

It's contaminated with heavy metals and other such crap frequently, plus Ensure/other similar food replacement drinks are cheaper and have actual taste to them. And since they're not made in shady chinese factories or your kitchen, they're actually consistently not-poisonous.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah leaving aside everything else dumb and bad, "can you make a meal replacement shake?" was a long-solved problem before Soylent was "invented."

I like that the inventor wears "disposable" jumpsuits and generally LARPs THX1138 tho.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
eggs are cheaper

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

Platystemon posted:

Probably like noise cancelling headphones, but those only work because they’re headphones. The moment you move your head a fraction of a millimetre (or try to make it work on two people simultaneously), it would stop working.

Not even. The description (despite the terrible English) is fairly clear--they're simply flooding the area with white noise or other "designer sounds" so you can't hear other things as clearly. That's a time-tested technique that works, but I wouldn't be using it in public. The only novelty is that the device vibrates the surface it's on to do it, instead of using a normal speaker like your "rainforest sounds" alarm clock. Why? Who knows!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Soylent? More like soiled my pants with watery shits.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi thread and welcome to your new home in PYF! Please be aware that while chatting/empty-quoting/single emoticon/etc replies are all a-okay here hatespeech, flaming, and the like are not. Thanks and have fun!

im glad we're back

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Cockmaster posted:

35 days left to go and a quick glance it looks like they've already hit their $50000 goal...

...and a longer glance reveals that, no, they actully just reached 10 loving times their goal.

I'm bookmarking this project. I'm looking forward to backers' comments about 2 years from now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I like that it also tracks your mood and you don't get a discount if you buy five at once.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tetraptous posted:

Not even. The description (despite the terrible English) is fairly clear--they're simply flooding the area with white noise or other "designer sounds" so you can't hear other things as clearly. That's a time-tested technique that works, but I wouldn't be using it in public. The only novelty is that the device vibrates the surface it's on to do it, instead of using a normal speaker like your "rainforest sounds" alarm clock. Why? Who knows!

That sure sounds irritating as poo poo to everyone around you and should be quick for wherever you are to ask you to turn it off.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

muscles like this? posted:

That sure sounds irritating as poo poo to everyone around you and should be quick for wherever you are to ask you to turn it off.

hehe but how will u hear them, checkmate

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm surpised that Dahir Insaat doesn't have a Kickstarter yet.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

OldMemes posted:

I'm surpised that Dahir Insaat doesn't have a Kickstarter yet.

I watched all of retsupurae's videos on dahir insaat and I still have no idea wtf it is all about.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTSx0RvwEM

this is going to be in the tool kit of all nice guy rapists soon

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Explosive Tampons posted:

I watched all of retsupurae's videos on dahir insaat and I still have no idea wtf it is all about.

So far as I can tell, they make the animations to try and pitch ideas to investors? Because I'm sure people are just itching to throw money at the drive through supermarket concept.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Explosive Tampons posted:

There was some research done, and Dahir Insaat appears to be the subsidiary or side brand of a large Turkish construction company which typically just does normal houses/apartments/office buildings. My guess is that the person in charge of the Dahir Insaat part is just like the boss's son and gets to gently caress around with weird proposals and 3D modeling all day. And then they register patents for all the dumb bullshit with the hope of being patent trolls later.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I do like that their military hardware videos have American troops as the bad guys.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

It's like the legal firm version of a Steam Greenlight project.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1333645341/flashlife-most-complete-emergency-survival-product

poo poo someone put a dollar store in my flashlight

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

these kickstarters with longer than 30 days are a bit of a red flag. i dunno why people go for them

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Read it as fleshlight. Was disappointed.

I am the magnesium fire starter close to a battery.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

fishmech posted:

There was some research done, and Dahir Insaat appears to be the subsidiary or side brand of a large Turkish construction company which typically just does normal houses/apartments/office buildings. My guess is that the person in charge of the Dahir Insaat part is just like the boss's son and gets to gently caress around with weird proposals and 3D modeling all day. And then they register patents for all the dumb bullshit with the hope of being patent trolls later.

The MSJ posted:

I do like that their military hardware videos have American troops as the bad guys.

That's mostly one Russian guy, Dahir Semyonov, who may or may not be operating out of Turkey/cooperating with a saner Turkish company to promote his insane designs as "engineering projects".
https://habrahabr.ru/company/alconost/blog/180793/
https://habrahabr.ru/company/alconost/blog/171229/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Foglet posted:

That's mostly one Russian guy, Dahir Semyonov, who may or may not be operating out of Turkey/cooperating with a saner Turkish company to promote his insane designs as "engineering projects".

Lol. He even tried to edit his inventions into Russian conservapedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Foglet posted:

Wow that's even better