Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
PBE up:

quote:

Friend of the Forest (Passive)
Ivern cannot attack or be attacked by non-epic monsters. Ivern can create magical groves on jungle camps which grow over time. When the grove is fully grown, Ivern may free the monsters to recieve gold and experience. After level 5 Ivern can share jungle buffs with allies.

Rootcaller (Q)
60 Mana
16/15/14/13/12 sec Cooldown
Ivern conjures a vine dealing 80/125/170/215/260 (+x) magic damage and rooting the first enemy hit for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 second(s). Allies can click on rooted enemies to dash into attack range.

Brushmaker (W)
30 Mana
0.5 sec Cooldown
Passive: In brush, Ivern's attacks are ranged and deal 20/30/40/50/60 (+x) bonus magic damage.

Active: Ivern grows a patch of brush for 30 seconds. For 3 seconds the area in and around the brush is revealed.

Triggerseed (E)
50 Mana
12/11/10/9/8 sec Cooldown
Ivern shields an ally, absorbing up to 80/120/160/200/240 (+x) damage. After 2 seconds, the shield bursts dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+x) magic damage and slowing enemies by 70% for 3 seconds.

Daisy! (R)
100 Mana
160/140/120 sec Cooldown
Ivern summons his sentinel friend Daisy. If Daisy attacks the same champion three times in a row, she will create a shockwave knocking enemies up for 1 second (3s cooldown). Daisy gains additional damage and defenses based on Ivern's Ability Power.

Recasting this ability will direct Daisy to a new target or position.

Looks like his passive just grows whether he's there or not. Bold are mine, probably busted poo poo, that 3 second 70% slow on his shield... jesus.

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im looking forward to mid lane ap stacking ivern that shares blue with his jungler

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Ivern looks really really cool, I love the direction they took with him. Wasn't expecting gangly-dude at all.

Also:

quote:

Zyra's plants now properly count as pets, rather than area-of-effect abilities, for the slow effect of Rylai's Crystal Scepter

quote:

Single Target: Slow 40% for 1.5 seconds.
Area of Effect: Slow 40% for 1 second.
Damage over Time, Multi-Hit and Pet attacks: Slow 20% for 1 second.
Stealth Zyra nerf! :catstare:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

im looking forward to mid lane ap stacking ivern that shares blue with his jungler

If anything he just invades the enemy buff and takes it right off the start, or once people wise-up to that, he'll just instantly take gromp or golems and come to lane at level 2.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Sounds like he's Galio's voice actor but way more jovial and goofy. He keeps referring to Skarner so maybe Skarner isn't a dumb bug in a pyramid anymore.

Kit and voice are both pretty good, I feel like I could enjoy playing him. I bet the scaling is poor so he's gonna be closer to Zac and Maokai and Naut.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ZOrKgYcHU

Smoke weed bro ganja 420 blaze

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All allies can dash to it what the heck

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ivern, the Juggernaut Enabler

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah this be champ is gonna be pretty loving busted

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize that said share buffs what in the world

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
However since they're a utility jungler they will see little solo queue play

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't see how ivern doesn't replace Elise completely at high level play. She is used a lot for her pick potential and ivern takes that to a whole different level

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

So what happens if ivern just walks into mid lane and just puts a brush right in the middle of the lane where the melee minions meet. Does he now force both midlaners to enter the brush if they want to cs? Could this be the rise of mid lane teemo?

He could support Cait and give her fast stacking head shots from right outside her turret.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i had almost forgot the thrill of helplessly telling your team to get the gently caress back, and them running into a fully online jax to be murdered

i feel playing this game again, was a good idea

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

Sounds like he's Galio's voice actor but way more jovial and goofy. He keeps referring to Skarner so maybe Skarner isn't a dumb bug in a pyramid anymore.

Kit and voice are both pretty good, I feel like I could enjoy playing him. I bet the scaling is poor so he's gonna be closer to Zac and Maokai and Naut.

If what Ivern is saying is accurate you're going to have to change your in-game name to Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
*Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth Hellscream

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Alris posted:

*Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth Hellscream

riot please increase character limit on names

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Who did that!?... it was me...

...sneak attack..!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Alris posted:

If what Ivern is saying is accurate you're going to have to change your in-game name to Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth

I won't lie: I was crossing my fingers really really tightly in anticipation there would have been mention of something about "wartsong" or "wartchieftan" because Rioters commend the name when I've played against them but I was little let down. He still looks fun though

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kashuno posted:

All allies can dash to it what the heck

Can't wait to dash to the Jax on accident. ADC's don't need to click on enemies to do damage, right?

As someone who hasn't played Lee Sin (and thus has not truely lived) I can't wait to live my suicide fantasies.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teikanmi posted:

If anything he just invades the enemy buff and takes it right off the start, or once people wise-up to that, he'll just instantly take gromp or golems and come to lane at level 2.

taliyahs were stealing the little chickens from chicken camp at level 1 and people caught on to that pretty quickly and just killed her for free. this dude doesn't even have pseudo mobility, it wont be that safe for him to invade enemy buffs. esp because if i understand this right he can't even smite steal them?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It will be interesting to see the numbers and effect of his treehugger jungling passive.

Also a 3 second 70% slow AOE, yeah that won't last long.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wait... so is he a junglist? Cause I wanna junglist him

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Riot is finally going to release a champ for the role the designers intended it to be played in. This is the most glorious age of League of Legends.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

However since they're a utility jungler they will see little solo queue play

Could probably just stick him in bot lane and do okay-ish, though that'll depend on his mana regen and ability costs. His Q would be some ill poo poo for an actual jungler to pounce onto.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me its funny that people will play any new champion in the support role, except new supports, which they will take top, mid, and jungle, but will not play support

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

to me its funny that people will play any new champion in the support role, except new supports, which they will take top, mid, and jungle, but will not play support

I can still remember getting real raw about playing and having fun with Lulu and then seeing her get pissed on patch after patch because people turned her into this degenerate, ungankable pile in mid/top.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
So can you support with him and just take free jungle camps

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he has a root and a little shield with a delayed slow on it so he'll be at least as good as support jhin with smite

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
How does he compare to support velkoz

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Work Friend Keven posted:

How does he compare to support velkoz

how does any champion hope to compare to support velkoz, really

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think you mean support Zyra? Hello???

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

that tree dude looks busted

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Looks like I need to avoid League a bit longer

You said the real core has a ship date of the 23. As in it will not be here on the 23rd?

Unlikely unless something magical happens

Hrm. I don’t like that but if someone can set up the management port for me and around to swap over cables when I need them to, I can do it remote
Even if that someone is kevin
he can do it

Could you stay longer or do you have to go back? I think a week would be the last extension

:(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yay, a jungler that I will never need smite on.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2QluptdRk

the way this guy clears, what in the gently caress?

Smiting a camp will 'free' it instantly, so it just takes the time to get the seal up. This champ looks so freaking weird but I like it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tired Moritz posted:

Yay, a jungler that I will never need smite on.

the enemy jungler can just walk in and take your poo poo if they see this, and gently caress you up for the rest of the game. smite is how you get your free buffs.

also, you know. dragon. baron. maybe herald.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
gah, how the hell am I meant to build Sona now, I feel like my normal full AP style of play isn't as effective as it once was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
its not get hosed

• Locked thread