Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
all this talk abotu sexy Keira Metz made me curious...

:catstare:

This is what happens to her if you don't talk her out of doing something stupid.
http://i.imgur.com/XMAVhHD.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

This is what happens to her if you don't talk her out of doing something stupid.

Jesus.

Sometimes I wish Geralt could just show screenshots of other timelines to people to convince them "no really that is not going to work like you think."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Drifter posted:

Weird how no one cosplays that version

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Gitro posted:

Goddamn, what a great game. Just so good. Clocked in at 96 hours, might fire it up some time later to go contracting and finish up some gwent stuff. Definitely going to have to do a playthrough of the series at some point, despite owning them all this is the only Witcher game I've actually finished.

NOT SO FAST. You still have Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine to go.

(Hearts of Stone for the biggest witcher job of all time and B&W for the "dammit I am one day for retirement" fun)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So I'm not the only one who had the Redanian contact for Radovid's assassination shapeshift in front of him.

Edit: same vid

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 20, 2016

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Man, I just got into the skellige tower quest. Cute. DRM, GOG, lol.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, what happens? No one I know went for that ending in vanilla W3, so this is genuinely the first I've heard of it. I got the ending where semi-Witcher Ciri drops by and is just like "yeah this place can do with some work, but then it'll be a great place to retire"...right after I blew a fortune upgrading every part of the estate. Way to ruin the mood, Ciri! :v:

I got empress Ciri ending and went for it because it's the best ending. All of you going for witcher Ciri ending are fools. :colbert: she didn't Show up for me in B&W at all. Must be dependent on how you ended it.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Hobo Clown posted:

I liked how the next time you go into your bedroom you see she's moved in her unicorn.

I hung the picture of me nakedly riding roach next to it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xander77 posted:

So I'm not the only one who had the Redanian contact for Radovid's assassination shapeshift in front of him.

Edit: same vid

poo poo, just watching that video and hearing the music, the wind, seeing the trees rustle.... I kinda wanta play the game all over again even though I already pumped 300+ hours into two complete playthroughs :cripes:

When does Cyberpunk come out.....? :ohdear:

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

corker2k posted:

Please post pictures here as it goes along with any hilarious goon-esque botch jobs you have to make. Or make a standalone thread about it (and post the thread link here so lazys like me don't miss it)

I'll likely post a few progress pics as I go. Today was spent in second hand stores looking for hosed brown leather sofas to scavenge materiel from.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Jerusalem posted:

Oh god, don't remind me. Cyberpunk is probably going to destroy my life when it comes out. Just gonna jack in and never leave...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

JetsGuy posted:

I got empress Ciri ending and went for it because it's the best ending. All of you going for witcher Ciri ending are fools. :colbert: she didn't Show up for me in B&W at all. Must be dependent on how you ended it.

Ciri Showed up for me because I wasn't in a relationship with either of the wizards. Triss and Yen played me for a fool at the hotel. :sigh:

You're right that the good empress Ciri ending of Vanilla is the best ending. :hfive:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What do we even know about cyberpunk anyway

I keep seeing posts about how great it's going to be and yet there is no released gameplay whatsoever and virtually no confirmed facts about it

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Digirat posted:

I keep seeing posts about how great it's going to be and yet there is no released gameplay whatsoever and virtually no confirmed facts about it

CDP has exponentially made each of their rpgs better both in gameplay, graphics, and story content. We're just assuming they at least hit at a little higher than W3 in terms of quality on all 3 fronts.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Transmetropolitan posted:

NOT SO FAST. You still have Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine to go.

(Hearts of Stone for the biggest witcher job of all time and B&W for the "dammit I am one day for retirement" fun)

Nah, I finished those before vanilla's main quest. Toussaint is great, HoS has a better main story.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So I'm going for the best ending for the barron and I'm wondering, what happens if I complete the lady in the woods quest all the way through without ever getting very far into family ties?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Drifter posted:

CDP has exponentially made each of their rpgs better both in gameplay, graphics, and story content. We're just assuming they at least hit at a little higher than W3 in terms of quality on all 3 fronts.

The improvement leaps impress me. The fact that they listened to feedback after release and implemented things like the tighter turn toggle and stashes in patches astonishes me. I'm so looking forward to Cyberpunk.

On a different note, I have to say, I'm really impressed by Geralt's facial expressions during even minor cutscenes. He's emoting all the time. Did they facial mo-cap every single conversation branch in the entire game or something?

It's a pity whoever he's talking to is usually more stiff, though. Kiera, that cannot be a comfortable neck angle.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 21, 2016

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MikeJF posted:

The improvement leaps impress me. The fact that they listened to feedback after release and implemented things like the tighter turn toggle and stashes in patches astonishes me. I'm so looking forward to Cyberpunk.

On a different note, I have to say, I'm really impressed by Geralt's facial expressions during even minor cutscenes. He's emoting all the time. Did they facial mo-cap every single conversation branch in the entire game or something?

It's a pity whoever he's talking to is usually more stiff, though. Kiera, that cannot be a comfortable neck angle.

My favorite part of Kiera is that she's barefoot but walks on the balls of her feet like she's in heels.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

chaosapiant posted:

My favorite part of Kiera is that she's barefoot but walks on the balls of her feet like she's in heels.

That weirded me out. Did they change her model or something after they already did all the animations?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Hey now, you try walking barefoot on prickly grass! :colbert: (Just kidding - you do have a point there. I must say though, I never noticed it until you mentioned that)

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Philosopher King posted:

So I'm going for the best ending for the barron and I'm wondering, what happens if I complete the lady in the woods quest all the way through without ever getting very far into family ties?

I did the crones before family matters and it didn't negatively impact it at all.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

MikeJF posted:

I think I saw a making of video somewhere on youtube, where they show that all of the facial animations are animated manually - there is no mo-cap in the game. Pretty impressive.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Digirat posted:

We know it'll be good and... that there will be cyber and punks involved? Probably?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Digirat posted:

It's likely faithful to Cyberpunk 2013/2020/203X pen and paper RPG roots, because creator of that is also involved, and the trailer has several references to that setting. Nothing other than that, really.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I just got to Skellige. Why did they think it was a good idea to have so many undiscovered locations?! Why do I feel compelled to search through each and every one?! :cripes: At least I'll be the richest witcher ever.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Richer Witcher :grin:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Radiation Cow posted:

I just got to Skellige. Why did they think it was a good idea to have so many undiscovered locations?! Why do I feel compelled to search through each and every one?! :cripes: At least I'll be the richest witcher ever.

100 of the question marks are just treasure chests floating in the sea. You will burn out long before you get them all.

My one disappointment with Skellige is that you expect it to be all Wind Waker/Black Flag-like but the boat is just awful, and you can buy maps to just fast-travel to the surrounding isles.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, just watching that video and hearing the music, the wind, seeing the trees rustle.... I kinda wanta play the game all over again even though I already pumped 300+ hours into two complete playthroughs :cripes:

But why would you want to play a game with such blatant graphic glitches?? :rolleyes:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jerusalem posted:

Know the feeling. The witcher 3 theme on my ps4 is awesome but the music plays all the time in menus. It makes me wanna play it again.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Radiation Cow posted:

Do not go for the question marks in the ocean in skellige

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Digirat posted:

Not emptyquoting.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Digirat posted:

I made 10000 coins off of just the north-eastern quarter of those things. I guess give them a turn if you find yourself chronically short of coin?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
Hey guys, The Mantis here. Hope all is well.

Just wanted to let you know i bought this game and it's currently downloading. At 103 kb/s. Because j live in the :airquote:third world:airquote:. It's going to take about seven days.

But I've never played it before and I'm looking forward to it. Okay well see ya.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Mantis posted:

Just wanted to let you know i bought this game and it's currently downloading. At 103 kb/s. Because j live in the :airquote:third world:airquote:. It's going to take about seven days.

But I've never played it before and I'm looking forward to it. Okay well see ya.
Worth every second of waiting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Mantis posted:

Totally worth it. One thing to take note of that was so loving cool for me.

In the opening cinematic, someone drops something small and you start out nearby that location. You can go and find that item based on landmarks.

That was so cool as a way to start the game. :allears:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
This game has so many neat little touches.

During the Reuven's Treasure quest, when Triss is burning down the witch hunter's outpost, if you cast igni at the building she thanks you for helping :3:.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://www.playgwent.com/en/killtheservers

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Digirat posted:

I went for the question marks in the ocean in Skellige. I got about halfway, earned about 25,000 gold and decided that it was enough. My autism isn't crippling enough for me to continue.

Now to collect all the Gwent cards.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

This game has so many neat little touches.

During the Reuven's Treasure quest, when Triss is burning down the witch hunter's outpost, if you cast igni at the building she thanks you for helping :3:.

Yep. There was also the scene after Yennefer interrogates Skjall's corpse. If you say she needed to be more compassionate before asking if she's okay, she gets upset you didn't ask after her well being first. If you then ask if she's okay, she admits she's fine, but less so for having to remind you to ask.

There are some things I like about Yen and Geralt's relationship, but I can really see why some people have unkind things to say about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Radiation Cow posted:

I went for the question marks in the ocean in Skellige. I got about halfway, earned about 25,000 gold and decided that it was enough. My autism isn't crippling enough for me to continue.

Now to collect all the Gwent cards.

B&W throws cash at you like crazy between the quest rewards and loot, so unless you need to craft all five grandmaster sets you'll be plenty rich without ever touching a smuggler cache.