Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The problem is that the Guardian office hacks are as interesting and knowledgeable as your average guy in the pub

Whenever they have on a journalist who actually goes out and reports and or is a real broadcaster, it picks up a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Words have yet to be ascribed that can be used to describe how much I loving hate Iain loving Macintosh. HELLLLLLLo.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I actually find his 'hello' quite endearing :allears:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

He's the worst human being to have ever lived.

Love a bit of Paul MacInnes though.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Athletico Mince owned so hard this week

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Kiss the Alderman

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
rattle my brass hand on the bannister on the way up

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

britishbornandbread posted:

Love a bit of Paul MacInnes though.

Hello, exact opposite opinion haver.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

He's not even the worst human being to have appeared on Football Weekly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have no issue with any of the Football Weekly guys but it's nothing without Jimbo

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

julian assflange posted:

Athletico Mince owned so hard this week

same op

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Macintosh in the background of FW making faux shocked noises at Jimbo's points for comedic effect gently caress OFF

I'm mad as heck op

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Is it Sean Ingle that always talks about odds with the bookies and has that nasally voice? He can gently caress off but I don't think he's been on for ages. The rest are fine, I can see why people wouldn't like Ian Macintosh but I've never been bothered by him.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Macintosh in the background of FW making faux shocked noises at Jimbo's points for comedic effect gently caress OFF

I'm mad as heck op

Stop listening to whatever lovely football podcast it is and switch to Athletico Mince @athleticominice for your football podcast fix.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I tried listening to athletico mince and I'm a little confused on the whole corbyn thing can someone fill me in

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bovril Delight posted:

I tried listening to athletico mince and I'm a little confused on the whole corbyn thing can someone fill me in

Well, he's seen Andy and he doesn't have a high opinion of him. Plus he's been round a roundabout 37 times.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bovril Delight posted:

corbyn dosen't respect people that arn't inked.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just listen to My Jambon Hell onwards and you'll pick it up

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bovril Delight posted:

Well Andys been going to a lot of his speeches and Corbyns seen him and he thinks Andy fancies himself (which he does) so he tries to knock him down a peg or two

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
To be fair I read this thread before listening to the latest Football Weekly and Ian Macintosh's faux dramatic gasping did piss me off, but I can't tell if it would have had I not been influenced as such. What day does Athletico Mince usually land, not sure if I'm up to date? The last one I heard was after the break because of Andy and the alderman.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Is it Sean Ingle that always talks about odds with the bookies and has that nasally voice? He can gently caress off but I don't think he's been on for ages. The rest are fine, I can see why people wouldn't like Ian Macintosh but I've never been bothered by him.

Yep. Ingle is the worst. He barely even writes for the guardian, he just works on their website.

I have a love hate relationship with glendenning. He can be funny, but he has absolutely nothing to say about football. Everyone else blends together for me, with the exception of Hoenigstein, Sid Lowe, and Auclair, all of whom are more knowledgeable than the rest of the guardian hacks.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Sid Lowe annoys me because he's prone to just rambling on for minutes at a time, even when Jimbo's asked him a yes or no question. Although it was funny that time his dog was yapping in the background and Jimbo kept asking questions about the dog while Sid keeps trying to steer the conversation back to Ronaldo or something.

The only FW regular I don't like is Jacob Steinberg, he just sounds like such a dull person and he's constantly umming and ahhing. I think it was him who said a few weeks ago in response to a question like "what do you hate more than anything else" he replied "birthdays and Christmas" :wtc:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Jacob the one that nearly burned to death on a British 777 and described it in the most boring, dull way?

Because yes, he annoys me.

I like them all, but Sid and Barry the most.

I miss the guy that used to sing in a credence clearwater coverband. What happened to him?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sid Lowe is just there to plug the angle he's pushing in his newest article. I've always got the impression that Jimbo feeds him a few questions about his latest article, and then Sid tries to field a couple general questions in exchange.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

LordPants posted:

Is Jacob the one that nearly burned to death on a British 777 and described it in the most boring, dull way?

Because yes, he annoys me.

Yeah that's him. I can understand if he didn't want to talk about it, but he basically went "uhh, yeah it was a bit umm scary" and that was it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

webmeister posted:

Sid Lowe annoys me because he's prone to just rambling on for minutes at a time

Have you read the man's articles?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I don't get the Sid hate. I guess giving lengthy, detailed, informed answers stands out when the rest of the pod is "uhhh they played bad last week so maybe they will play bad this week"

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
you don't listen to FW for detailed analysis. it's for listening to a bunch of amusing blokes laughing at Mourinho and Rooney and mocking Alan shearer winning football pundit of the year

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

The only reason to listen to FW is James Richardson.

I was amazed when Pete was presenting Ramble in Marcus' absence as he was actually a good host when he wasn't trying to act like a random sixth former with zany words.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jimbo's Piston joke about United was great

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The only reason to listen to FW is James Richardson.

I was amazed when Pete was presenting Ramble in Marcus' absence as he was actually a good host when he wasn't trying to act like a random sixth former with zany words.

That's his real job though innit

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
people should also be aware that James Richardson also has a criminally underrated film review channel on YouTube called jimbovision

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
He hasn't updated that for a few months now though :smith:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
https://youtu.be/RZ3eEuzYHEU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah true. He's clearly a good producer figure, but when he stepped up as host he was more than competent

Not sure how Jim gets comedy gigs at Edinburgh every year. He's not unfunny but he's not hysterical either.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

James Richardson is too good for podcasts. He should be the next MOTD presenter but we all know we'll get Robbie Savage.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ICHIBAHN posted:

http://absoluteradio.co.uk/presenters/pete-donaldson-11/

lmfao at that outfit

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can some one give me a quick summary of athletico mince, I hadn't heard of that?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jippa posted:

Can some one give me a quick summary of athletico mince, I hadn't heard of that?

Two comedian friends from northern England enchange recurring jokes and tell fictional stories about Steve MacLaren. They talk for about two minutes about actual football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Jippa posted:

Are you looking for a podcast where one of the hosts can remember all Football trivia from 1876 onwards?

Well check out Athletico Minces memory man Bob Mortimer - a man who knows everything about football (please no Hitler questions)