Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I WILL DIE ON THIS loving HILL YOU GUYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Here's a fun exercise. Let's all role play that we live in a world where no one gives a poo poo about pointless semantics concerning comic book character names because we actually have better things to do with our lives and have people who love us.

I'll start. Ghost Rider looked pretty bad rear end in tonight's episode. Much better in motion than in the stills they released.

I just hope they have some decent super hero choreography planned because having super powered people fight like a bunch of drunks is going to get old.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Here's a fun exercise. Let's all role play that we live in a world where no one gives a poo poo about pointless semantics concerning comic book character names because we actually have better things to do with our lives and have people who love us.

It's a quarter to 1, I worked a 13 hour day and I WILL NEVER LET THIS GO.

Also AOS is still a terrible show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

IT DON'T GOTTA BE LIKE THIS.

It is... but I will desperately cling to the last embers of hope that remain in the ashen husk that was my heart.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Rhyno posted:

It made my head hurt a little when I typed it.

Nope. You drive your car to work. As I said above, unless you're an idiot nobody says "I ride my car!"

You drive your car into work while simulaneously riding in the car. Other passengers are simply riding in the car.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I've watched 10 seasons of Smallville, 4 seasons of Lois and Clark, 4 seasons of Arrow, 1 and a half seasons of Flash, 3 episodes of Supergirl, 1 season of The Cape, 2 seasons of Mutant X, 4 seasons of Heroes, 1 season of Blade, 2 seasons of Human Target, 1 season of Birds of Prey, 1 season of Flash Gordon, 2 episodes of Gotham, 1 season of Dark Angel, 1 season of Superboy, and 1 season of Legends of Tomorrow. I've seen my share of bad superhero media. I'd say right now SHIELD is better than all of the above without hesitation or question.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

I'll start. Ghost Rider looked pretty bad rear end in tonight's episode. Much better in motion than in the stills they released.

I just hope they have some decent super hero choreography planned because having super powered people fight like a bunch of drunks is going to get old.

WORDS MEAN THINGS JACK rear end.

Edit:

X-O posted:

I've watched 10 seasons of Smallville, 4 seasons of Lois and Clark, 4 seasons of Arrow, 1 and a half seasons of Flash, 3 episodes of Supergirl, 1 season of The Cape, 2 seasons of Mutant X, 4 seasons of Heroes, 1 season of Blade, 2 seasons of Human Target, 1 season of Birds of Prey, 1 season of Flash Gordon, 2 episodes of Gotham, 1 season of Dark Angel, 1 season of Superboy, and 1 season of Legends of Tomorrow. I've seen my share of bad superhero media. I'd say right now SHIELD is better than all of the above without hesitation or question.

You watched 10 seasons of Smallville? Do they not have drugs where you live? Because there's better ways to ruin your life.

Double Edit: You watched 10 seasons of Smallville and couldn't get through the back half of Flash Season 2, loving:lol:

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 21, 2016

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Man, I remember liking Mutant X, even if I always assumed it was directly connected to X-Men (and man, finding out the behind the scene stuff later on was interesting).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

catlord posted:

Man, I remember liking Mutant X, even if I always assumed it was directly connected to X-Men (and man, finding out the behind the scene stuff later on was interesting).

I think it was supposed to be, except Marvel made bad decisions about their own licensing rights due to almost running out of money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having to sue themselves is pretty funny through.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ghost Rider bits were pretty interesting and the transformation itself was cool. I was falling asleep with everything that wasn't ghost rider or sexbots, tho.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ghost Rider bits were pretty interesting and the transformation itself was cool. I was falling asleep with everything that wasn't ghost rider or sexbots, tho.

SHEILD has sexbots now? Stop trying to trick me into watching that terrible show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Skwirl posted:

SHEILD has sexbots now? Stop trying to trick me into watching that terrible show.

It's like two scenes of nerds talking about how they shouldn't but totally will make sexbots. Might be worth looking for those scenes if you can get hulu or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

WORDS MEAN THINGS JACK rear end.

Edit:

You watched 10 seasons of Smallville? Do they not have drugs where you live? Because there's better ways to ruin your life.

Double Edit: You watched 10 seasons of Smallville and couldn't get through the back half of Flash Season 2, loving:lol:

There are enough superhero shows now that you can be picky. Plus I don't have the time to waste on bad TV now that I did then. I can't watch a show I want to like hoping for it to be good now. Smallville was dirty diseased water in an endless desert. Flash was a warm bottle of water when the fridge is just a few feet away.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Reading that list I'm really just amazed you made it through Legends. I mean, I thought Flash season 2 was dumb yet enjoyable but even I quit Legends.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

X-O posted:

The first season of Human target is awesome though.

I didn't know anyone else had ever watched Birds of Prey.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

Reading that list I'm really just amazed you made it through Legends. I mean, I thought Flash season 2 was dumb yet enjoyable but even I quit Legends.

I had quit Legends, but only a few episodes early and I forgot to delete it from my DVR record list so it kept recording and I caught up a few weeks later on a night when I had nothing else to do or watch. I confirmed that was a poor idea but then they introduce The Justice Society with Patrick J. Adams, who I like, so I'm on the hook for at least another episode or two this year. Introducing something cool after a poo poo finale is a classic Smallville move and I should be smarter now than I was 10 years ago but apparently I'm not.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Ghost Rider drives a Dodge Charger. Mad Max drives a Ford Falcon Interceptor.

Just a 73 XB Falcon coupe. Pursuit Special or Interceptor is just the movie name.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
So that sure was Chloe Bennet's rear end to start the episode. We're on at ten pm now folks!

Edit: pretty sure this Ghost Rider is so named because the ghost rides in the host. It'd be a stupid explanation and as much as I love this show, it seems like where they'd go with it

wyntyr fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 21, 2016

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Rough Lobster posted:

You drive your car into work while simulaneously riding in the car. Other passengers are simply riding in the car.

Exactly. How else could gangsta rappers be "ridin low" or "ridin dirty" in their cars?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't name himself. He's named by the collective stereotypes of a hispanic ghetto.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

wyntyr posted:

Edit: pretty sure this Ghost Rider is so named because the ghost rides in the host. It'd be a stupid explanation and as much as I love this show, it seems like where they'd go with it

That is literally what is going on with Robbie Reyes in the comics. He's killed in a shooting, and comes back to life a ghost bonded to him. The other Ghost Riders have an angel of vengeance bonded to them in comparison. In a very real sense, Robbie is the only one whose name actually makes a bit of sense.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Oh come on man, it's just like when you drive a plane.

Skwirl posted:

I know you're being sarcastic and are on my side about this, but reading the words "drive a plane" makes me so loving angry for reasons I can't explain.

Isn't that what taxiing is?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

That is literally what is going on with Robbie Reyes in the comics. He's killed in a shooting, and comes back to life a ghost bonded to him. The other Ghost Riders have an angel of vengeance bonded to them in comparison. In a very real sense, Robbie is the only one whose name actually makes a bit of sense.

The preview for next week's episode made it look like they're kind of pick-n-mixing because it is Robbie and all his stuff but he's also talking about making a deal with the devil, which isn't his thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The preview for next week's episode made it look like they're kind of pick-n-mixing because it is Robbie and all his stuff but he's also talking about making a deal with the devil, which isn't his thing.

Yeah they've said a few times that it's not just comics Robbie.

What it seems like is they want to do the brother relationship stuff, but want a more traditional Spirit of Vengeance Rider.

Plus it's probably cheaper to do the car than the motorcycle.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

X-O posted:

Agents of SHIELD is not better than The Cape.

Nothing is better than The Cape.

Of course, it's not based on a comic book, so that helps.

90s Flash and 90s Human Target deserve some credit too, as does Season 1 of 2010s Human Target. Blade was alright too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I still maintain that season 1 of Arrow was better than season 1 of SHIELD by a decent margin. Same for S1 of Flash and S2 of Arrow, but maybe a bit less so. SHIELD definitely pulled itself from the dumpster but its biggest offense is being bland as gently caress. Ghost Rider is already the most interesting thing they've done in terms of style and potential and he was like less than half of the first episode of the season.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

wow...seeing a lot of buzz on Luke Cage as we get close to the release. the big minds online are really weighing in with a broad range of opinions on the show's nuanced, political, and often controversial subject matter.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
All must bask in the greatness that is The Cape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39WFz7lexRs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Plus why would you stop at season 1 of the Cape? The next five and the movie were fantastic!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gavok posted:

Isn't that what taxiing is?

No, that's taxiing a plane.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mover posted:

wow...seeing a lot of buzz on Luke Cage as we get close to the release. the big minds online are really weighing in with a broad range of opinions on the show's nuanced, political, and often controversial subject matter.

I can't imagine what Fworth is gonna watch when he finds out what whites call us.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Never Forget

:smith:

https://twitter.com/CJ88x/status/539053122438832128

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

iZombie season 2 finally on Netflix on October 6. I can finally catch up on the adventures of TV's hottest pale crimefighter, after watching all of the first season on multiple Emirates flights

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Gotham season 2 is on Canadian Netflix now in case you wanna hate watch it with me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The MSJ posted:

iZombie season 2 finally on Netflix on October 6. I can finally catch up on the adventures of TV's hottest pale crimefighter, after watching all of the first season on multiple Emirates flights

Hell yeah. How was season 2?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

iZombie is the best show based on a comic book on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That said, weaker.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Weaker than what? Do you mean that season two was weaker? I completely disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

No, that's taxiing a plane.

Sounds like driving and riding to me.