Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Sataere posted:

He has had two tough match ups to start. His schedule gets a lot softer.

It really doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Perk of having a newborn: being awake when waivers process and picking the wire clean.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Perk of having a newborn: being awake when waivers process and picking the wire clean.

The one benefit of night shift. I can't watch most football games anymore but I'll be damned if I lose out on players!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

:hfive:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That sweet feeling when you get those 3am emails saying your waivers went through at work.

Except the one guy you really wanted.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Yo' Allen Robinson, I need you to catch some loving balls this week.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Any sleeper streaming D this week? Kinda thinking Cowboys.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

thethreeman posted:

Who do people like as a long-term-upside stash RB (no ppr)? Kenneth Dixon? Jordan Howard/KaDeem Carey? Deandre Washington? Dwayne Washington? Thompson?

McCluster? :getin:

Guys who might work into a timeshare: Deandre Washington, Ajayi, Thompson, Dixon
Injury plays: Booker, Ervin, Howard, Gillislee

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

Any sleeper streaming D this week? Kinda thinking Cowboys.

I'm going with Miami at home against Cleveland. Don't know if that's so much a sleeper but I'm surprised I'm starting their D...

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Whoa, Abdullah to IR.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Whoa, Abdullah to IR.

Source? Google didn't turn anything up.

EDIT: Found one - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/21/lions-put-ameer-abdullah-on-injured-reserve/

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 21, 2016

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah, seeing it take off on Twitter. BRB adding Dwayne Washington asap

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/778573025667088385

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

My drafted running backs this year in half-ppr 10-team, by round:

2. Adrian Peterson
4. Jamaal Charles
7. Ameer Abdullah
8. Arian Foster
11. Tevin Coleman
12. Spencer Ware

13. Dion Lewis (we have an IR spot)

Starters in bold. Literally every single other player is out injured. 5 of 7. In week 2.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Swarmin Swedes posted:

So are Demarco Murray and/or Isiah Crowell for real or should I be trying to sell high on both or one of them. If I am trying to sell high should what kind of return should I be looking for?

I own 1 and 3 shares and right now I'm needing them all. But if I got an offer on say Rawls or a low WR1 I'd strongly consider it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Spencer Ware vs NYJ
Duke Johnson @ MIA
CMike vs SF
Jerick Mckinnon @CAR

Would you drop any of these guys for Dwayne Washington?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is Duke Johnson droppable in ppr? My other RBs are Gurley, Ingram, Gore, McKinnon, Coleman, so I assume yes. I also don't really feel like I can get anything for him in a trade right now for obvious reasons.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Duke Johnson may yet have value... but I don't think anyone who drops him is going to miss him. Not sure if the Lions fully trust Dwayne Washington considering how quickly they had Joique Bell in for a workout but I would rather take a shot at coming away with better value than a Duke Johnson.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I think I'm rolling with Tampa at home this week as my DST.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to go ahead and assume Dwayne Washington is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues. Mostly because I did that this morning in 2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is anybody in a deepish league holding onto Jalen Richards? I have Latavius and Jalen right now, but considering dropping him to make a waiver move. There isn't a whole lot on there currently. The Enunwa sweepstakes is taking place I'm fairly certain, with leaves names like Tamme and Dwayne Washington as the "upper" tier in Free Agents.

I could stand pat without much problem as I have a pretty roster.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Dwayne Washington is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues. Mostly because I did that this morning in 2.

Yeah, Riddick isn't going to work between the tackles, and Washington should be the next guy up, barring a major FA signing. Joique Bell worked out with the Lions yest but ehhh

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Is anybody in a deepish league holding onto Jalen Richards? I have Latavius and Jalen right now, but considering dropping him to make a waiver move. There isn't a whole lot on there currently. The Enunwa sweepstakes is taking place I'm fairly certain, with leaves names like Tamme and Dwayne Washington as the "upper" tier in Free Agents.

I could stand pat without much problem as I have a pretty roster.

I think i'd take Dwayne Washington over him atm. He's practically shot up the Depth Chart and will receive at least the majority of carries while Riddick sees passing down work. Jalen is still 3rd and fighting for scraps isn't he?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

VietCampo posted:

I think i'd take Dwayne Washington over him atm. He's practically shot up the Depth Chart and will receive at least the majority of carries while Riddick sees passing down work. Jalen is still 3rd and fighting for scraps isn't he?

I think you are confusing the Washington's on Oakland and Detroit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Drop Rishard Matthews for Dwayne Washington? Standard scoring.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

I think you are confusing the Washington's on Oakland and Detroit.

I'm not, but you are, the one on Oakland is DeAndre.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is John Brown still worth owning? Considering dropping him for a lotto ticket like McKinnon or Washington. Thoughts? (non-ppr)

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

VietCampo posted:

I'm not, but you are, the one on Oakland is DeAndre.

yup, you're right. My bad.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

SeannieDarko posted:

Drop Rishard Matthews for Dwayne Washington? Standard scoring.

Yeah

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Really wanna name one of my teams Hasa Diga Enunwa but I don't own him in any leagues

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

RCarr posted:

Is John Brown still worth owning? Considering dropping him for a lotto ticket like McKinnon or Washington. Thoughts? (non-ppr)

I dropped him in a short bench league I'm in. Very discouraged by the lack of targets, but I'd have held him to see if anything changed if I had the room.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Trade had went down in one of my leagues of Gronk/Charles for Abdullah/Evans/Gates. Got pushed through by the commish (Who was the one getting Gronk and Charles) early this morning. Smells really fishy, but I don't think Abdullah had went on IR yet.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

SeannieDarko posted:

Trade had went down in one of my leagues of Gronk/Charles for Abdullah/Evans/Gates. Got pushed through by the commish (Who was the one getting Gronk and Charles) early this morning. Smells really fishy, but I don't think Abdullah had went on IR yet.

If it's a league vote on veto'ing and even if the trades are legit, i think any commish pushing it through is bad.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

SeannieDarko posted:

What do you mean by pushed through? Like it was rushed through before the league mandated processing/veto period had elapsed? Because that's bullshit unless it was stipulated as part of the deal that it would be expedited.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

RCarr posted:

It depends on if you drafted him to function as a WR2/3 or not. He has underwhelmed so far this year, which isn't meant to be a condemnation of his talent. He is still the same pass catcher as he was last year. Despite the gaudy numbers Palmer put up last week against Tampa Bay, he has not looked entirely match fit to me. Ultimately, this becomes a conversation about opportunity meeting talent and, make no mistake, McKinnon is a talented player with enough game tape at the professional level to merit dropping a guy like Brown. My biggest hesitation would be not knowing if AP is going to come back on some miraculous timeline and put McKinnon back on the shelf. Brown's numbers in 2016 have been putrid, but his role is legitimized completely in Arizona. If your team needs RB, then definitely drop Brown for McKinnon. If your team needs points, Brown is worth keeping for the long haul in the hope he emerges as the WR he was last year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tiptoes posted:

Duke Johnson may yet have value... but I don't think anyone who drops him is going to miss him. Not sure if the Lions fully trust Dwayne Washington considering how quickly they had Joique Bell in for a workout but I would rather take a shot at coming away with better value than a Duke Johnson.

I would probably pick up a WR like Enunwa (who is still on the wire somehow) instead of another RB.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah, I really don't know how Enunwa was still on the wire when I woke up in a league full of Jets fans but I scooped him up.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

What do you mean by pushed through? Like it was rushed through before the league mandated processing/veto period had elapsed? Because that's bullshit unless it was stipulated as part of the deal that it would be expedited.

It's a league vote. The trade was accepted yesterday at 3:30 pm. And it was pushed through around 4:40am. As in, the LM (commish) "upheld the trade" and it went through instead of going through tomorrow. None of the players involved play tomorrow (which would not have mattered anyways) and no one contacted me to see if I cared if it went through today.

When I've commished before and this stuff comes up, I make a poll or text everyone to see if anyone cared.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

SeannieDarko posted:

It's a league vote. The trade was accepted yesterday at 3:30 pm. And it was pushed through around 4:40am. As in, the LM (commish) "upheld the trade" and it went through instead of going through tomorrow. None of the players involved play tomorrow (which would not have mattered anyways) and no one contacted me to see if I cared if it went through today.

When I've commished before and this stuff comes up, I make a poll or text everyone to see if anyone cared.

Yeah that's not okay. You shouldn't be deviating from standard protocol without a discussion. Dude was definitely concerned about Abdullah.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

League voting on trades is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a standard scoring league for my flex: Tyrell Williams or Jerick McKinnon? McKinnon has a higher predicted value, but I'm not sure how risky he is. I'm also not sure whether or not to start Rashad Jennings... if so, that might switch things up a bit, since he'd move into one of my RB spots and free up Ryan Matthews or Latavius Murray for flex.

• Locked thread