Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i know, that's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

itunes: if you click the play icon in this screenshot, what would you expect to happen?

1) start playing the album dark side of the moon by pink floyd beginning from the track "on the run"
2) nothing else why would it that's obviously what it should do

well you would be wrong. if you click the play icon it starts playing all your songs, in alphabetical order, from the point in the list where On The Run is.

EVEN BETTER - if you double click "on the run" it does exactly what you'd expect and starts playing the actual album

why does it do this? who knows!

apple is officially bad now

itunes has always been terrible

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ufarn posted:

tidal's player is literally easier to use than itunes

can i sync it with my ipod?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

remember when windows users had to use musicmatch jukebox to sync their ipods?

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Shaggar posted:

maybe on windows, shaggar, so i can understand why u think this

on mac its been "like kind of OK" and occasionally good-ish

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

no

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

maybe on windows, shaggar, so i can understand why u think this

on mac its been "like kind of OK" and occasionally good-ish

no its always been terrible on osx, but everything is terrible on osx so it feels normal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

no its always been terrible on osx, but everything is terrible on osx so it feels normal.

the osx alt-tab behavior is so terrible. i hate it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

yes lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ah, the halcyon days of my first ipod in 2003

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
itunes was great when it was soundjammp and worked with my rio.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

better than whatever the gently caress the zune library software was

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

exploding mummy posted:

better than whatever the gently caress the zune library software was

I thought the zune stuff worked p well all in all

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

i remember emulator support was the big thing with the PSP way back in 2005 or whatever and i still didn't get it then

Many people find SNES games to be better than PSP games hth

~*buys $2000 worth of hardware to rip off 20 year old videogames*~

Have you seen the price of those 20 year old video games

2 Grand is a steal

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

trilljester posted:

There's no way to run emulators/etc on the ATV, right? That was one of the reasons I got a FireTV instead of the ATV, as I didn't want to build another computer for just emulators and what not. FireTV has been very needs-suiting.

im gonna post seriously about emulators here for a second

they suck

theres a reason audio nerds obsess over chip tunes and buy old hardware and get program music on a SNES instead of doing it in loving fruity loops of what the gently caress ever

go and buy an SNES, or NES, or whatever you want, buy the games you want to play. if youve got some money to blow get a scaler and do RGB mods on your consoles

if not just go to goodwill an find yourself a nice big CRT tv (they're loving everywhere because nobody will take the things or even recycle them for free)

your nes will never be worth a thousand dollars but itll never depreciate either. dont use a loving emulator

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its me, im the guy who has $2000 worth of old consoles and games. i even bought clear plastic game cases and used the cover project to give them nice covers

its a cool hobby, my fiance busts out dr mario every once in a while

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

if you dont think thats the titest poo poo then go headbutt a knife

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I bought like twenty snes consoles in like 2012 when I was experimenting with how to fix the SNES vertical bar issue. Anyway I never spent more than $25 on each one on ebay. Since I was way too lazy to sell them, they are now worth around $100 each :eyepop: :homebrew:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i use an emulator to play super metroid in the airport

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Phoenixan posted:

i use an emulator to play super metroid in the airport

Why would you want to do that when you can play BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I bought like twenty snes consoles in like 2012 when I was experimenting with how to fix the SNES vertical bar issue. Anyway I never spent more than $25 on each one on ebay. Since I was way too lazy to sell them, they are now worth around $100 each :eyepop: :homebrew:

theres money to be made but its hard, for a while there i would go to goodwill and find a box with a genesis and a couple of controllers + 4-5 games for $5-10 regularly

now theyve gotten smart and check ebay before they price stuff

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

BiohazrD posted:

im gonna post seriously about emulators here for a second

they suck

theres a reason audio nerds obsess over chip tunes and buy old hardware and get program music on a SNES instead of doing it in loving fruity loops of what the gently caress ever

go and buy an SNES, or NES, or whatever you want, buy the games you want to play. if youve got some money to blow get a scaler and do RGB mods on your consoles

if not just go to goodwill an find yourself a nice big CRT tv (they're loving everywhere because nobody will take the things or even recycle them for free)

your nes will never be worth a thousand dollars but itll never depreciate either. dont use a loving emulator

i would do this tbh if it weren't for how little space i have and how much i hate having cords everywhere

like i'll buy old games on my Wii U or on PS3 for PS1 titles because thats way more convenient than emulators, but otherwise i have a hard time justifying buying more hardware and physical media

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i would do this tbh if it weren't for how little space i have and how much i hate having cords everywhere

its really not that bad unless you have a lot of consoles

i think the next thing im gonig to do is run a shitload of cat5 from the tv to the rear of the room and build a controller port "console" so i dont have extenders running across the floor

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

http://m.8bitdo.cn/Products/retro-receiver-snes.html

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/778603589757468672

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

this is probably easier than my solution but in my experience non OEM controller suck

also i would need one for n64

gamecube/ps2 already had wireless controllers with dongles

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ah yes, british car manufacturing. noted for high quality

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BiohazrD posted:

this is probably easier than my solution but in my experience non OEM controller suck

also i would need one for n64

gamecube/ps2 already had wireless controllers with dongles

Nope read the reviews. They are as good, if not better than the real snes controllers. It's no bullshit. I have two and never thought I'd use em over the actual controllers.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

look if it's good enough for Ayrton Senna

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

also they killed the fancy colored album background effect that they harped on about 2 years ago when it was new or w/e

wtf why

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

maclaren

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what the gently caress is going on at apple???

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lomarf

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GameCube posted:

what the gently caress is going on at apple???

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thinking about pulling the SNES out of the basement and playing super mario world and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_iW0O_0eA

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

it's dead Jim

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i mean, ok, they do make cars with innovative materials to exacting standards, but its not like they have any experience making a consumer focused car on a budget

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:barf:

• Locked thread