Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

They look like idiots, op

Thanks for the helpful post. I'm sure this type of thinking will really attract voters to your candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Cheesus posted:

Jesus, today's On Point about Trump's "charities"...

Around the middle of the show a caller called in with the view that while he understood and agreed with the guest's investigation that Trump's charity is 100% bullshit, that no matter how bad it sounded, it doesn't matter since we now live in a post-fact society. The very next caller called for the Clinton Foundation to be investigated similarly because it was unfair to dogpile on Clinton (the host reminded the caller that last week the spent a show on her charities).

Infuriating.

However, after the next segment two callers (both women) said they were Republican-leaning and wanted to reassure the first caller that this investigation did matter to them. They had been either on the fence or voting for Trump but after this news, were going to vote for Clinton.

I'm glad I was sitting down.

The phrase "post-fact society" is absolutely terrifying to me.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Edible Hat posted:

Thanks for the helpful post. I'm sure this type of thinking will really attract voters to your candidate.

Ty, I do all of my voter outreach on comedy forums

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Edible Hat posted:

Oh no all of the Something Awful undecideds won't vote for Hillary now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

They look like idiots, op

So Trump voters then?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
USPOL Oct: I Meant Negro

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crows Turn Off posted:

Here, some anti-Arzying to get your day started:
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/778601738181943297

Crossposting from Trump! *click*

Oh PPP crosstabs, how I missed you (no really, they're the best). LET'S DIG IN.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_92116.pdf

Interesting questions that io finds interesting:
  • Both candidates have fav/unfav at 40/55
  • On a hypothetical Obama vs Trump match up, 51/46 Obama.
  • On "Do you think you'd be a better candidate than anyone running": 24% say yes, 58% no.
  • Trump Taxes: 63% want them released, 24% don't.
  • Clinton vs David Duke: 59/15 Hillary.

So, crosstabs. No, I'm not going to do racial or gender demographics. They're exactly what you think they are.
  • For a forced "Pick democrat or republican" choice for both president and governor, 88% of HRC supporters back Cooper, and 12% of DJT supporters do.
  • 99% of HRC supporters would vote Obama over Trump, 3% of DJT supporters would (95% say Trump), and 62% of "two way undecideds" would as well (and only 5% Trump)
  • Blue dogs are still relevant, making up 16% of Trump's support in the 2-way and 3-way (and 15% of Obama vs Trump)
  • While more republicans say Trump shouldn't have to release taxes (43%), 34% say he should.
  • Age 3-way (Clinton/Trump/Johnson/undecided): 18-29: 38/33/10/19, 30-45: 42/43/5/11, 46-65: 46/46/5/3, 66+: 39/52/5/5.
  • Age 2-way (Clinton/Trump/Not Sure): 19-29: 51/35/14; 30-45: 48/47/6; 46-65: 48/48/4; 66+ 41/55/4

If anyone wants the HB2 poo poo or other demographics, I'll post it here on request. I'm posting HB2 stuff in the QUILTBAG thread anyway in DnD.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You don't think being an arrogant little poo poo on here has any effect on your behavior elsewhere?

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
National level Republican politics is an illusion since FDR:

Eisenhower
Nixon
Reagan
George HW
George W

If you take Reagan and his political offspring out of the equation you get Nixon and Eisenhower. Eisenhower wasn't really even a politician and Nixon was a fraud. So basically, in my opinion, Ronald Reagan was the only Republican truly elected to the presidency since FDR.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Edible Hat posted:

You don't think being an arrogant little poo poo on here has any effect on your behavior elsewhere?

I think I found an undecided voter

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

iospace posted:

Crossposting from Trump! *click*

Oh PPP crosstabs, how I missed you (no really, they're the best). LET'S DIG IN.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_92116.pdf

Interesting questions that io finds interesting:
  • Both candidates have fav/unfav at 40/55
  • On a hypothetical Obama vs Trump match up, 51/46 Obama.
  • On "Do you think you'd be a better candidate than anyone running": 24% say yes, 58% no.
  • Trump Taxes: 63% want them released, 24% don't.
  • Clinton vs David Duke: 59/15 Hillary.

So, crosstabs. No, I'm not going to do racial or gender demographics. They're exactly what you think they are.
  • For a forced "Pick democrat or republican" choice for both president and governor, 88% of HRC supporters back Cooper, and 12% of DJT supporters do.
  • 99% of HRC supporters would vote Obama over Trump, 3% of DJT supporters would (95% say Trump), and 62% of "two way undecideds" would as well (and only 5% Trump)
  • Blue dogs are still relevant, making up 16% of Trump's support in the 2-way and 3-way (and 15% of Obama vs Trump)
  • While more republicans say Trump shouldn't have to release taxes (43%), 34% say he should.
  • Age 3-way (Clinton/Trump/Johnson/undecided): 18-29: 38/33/10/19, 30-45: 42/43/5/11, 46-65: 46/46/5/3, 66+: 39/52/5/5.
  • Age 2-way (Clinton/Trump/Not Sure): 19-29: 51/35/14; 30-45: 48/47/6; 46-65: 48/48/4; 66+ 41/55/4

If anyone wants the HB2 poo poo or other demographics, I'll post it here on request. I'm posting HB2 stuff in the QUILTBAG thread anyway in DnD.

Post it and then I'll share it in the NC thread without attributing all of your hard work.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Phone posted:

Post it and then I'll share it in the NC thread without attributing all of your hard work.

hahahah sure :suicide: give me a few minutes to get the post up.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I think I found an undecided voter

Looks like an idiot to me

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Edible Hat posted:

I am exactly the same on the internet and real life

you should see how often i bring up goatse in casual conversation

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

iospace posted:

[*]Clinton vs David Duke: 59/15 Hillary.

This is a perfect example of why the founding fathers did not entirely trust democracy. 15 percent of people would admittedly vote for the KKK.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Doredrin posted:

This is a perfect example of why the founding fathers did not entirely trust democracy.

30% of people are unsure about a literal Klansman.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I want someone to do a thorough psychological assessment / political science study on the tens of thousands of people in North Carolina whose first choice is Trump, but would switch to Obama if he could run for a third term.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Exactly the same" is not synonymous with "similarity/having some degree of intercausality".

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

Phone posted:

"I don't entirely agree with his pledge to bring the holocaust to the United States, but Hillary makes weird faces sometimes and I don't like her."

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

theflyingorc posted:

I am exactly the same on the internet and real life

you should see how often i bring up goatse in casual conversation

My friends won't speak to me anymore because I only talk about doobies dogs and pepe

Doredrin posted:

"I don't entirely agree with his pledge to bring the holocaust to the United States, but Hillary makes weird faces sometimes and I don't like her."

The Undecided Voter

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I mean, Halloween is right around the corner and I don't have a costume...

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phone posted:

I mean, Halloween is right around the corner and I don't have a costume...

Dunce cap that says "UNDECIDED VOTER" is a pretty easy costume

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Phone posted:

It's more likely that 30% of people don't even know who he is.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Undecided Voter: "I am a hardworking stiff who doesn't have the time to follow politics, but I'll surely be convinced to vote for Clinton by liberals calling me an idiot."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Doredrin posted:

This is a perfect example of why the founding fathers did not entirely trust democracy. 15 percent of people would admittedly vote for the KKK.

I can honestly say I only found out who David Duke was in the last year or so. I doubt most of America knows him better.

I'm willing to bet a large portion of that 15% is "I don't know who this is but gently caress Hillary".

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

computer parts posted:

I don't see the issue since most of that Stein & Johnson support is going out the window.

I just find it so... stupid that people think a democratic president is better, but Hillary is way down comparatively and even then Trump have a higher percentage than a plain republican candidate. By all means, I believe Hillary is going to win, but I don't understand how it's even close if this is how people feel about the parties in general.

Cythereal posted:

Except Obama started it so it's poison to the GOP base.

Meh, after a few years with Hillary, republicans going to consider Obama's be one of the good ones, who had a few good ideas. And we will be wondering if Obama being one of the good ones is a reference to him being democrat or black.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Edible Hat posted:

The Undecided Voter: "I am a hardworking stiff who doesn't have the time to follow politics, but I'll surely be convinced to vote for Clinton by liberals calling me an idiot."

There's a lot of dumb assertions in this post.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot

computer parts posted:

I can honestly say I only found out who David Duke was in the last year or so. I doubt most of America knows him better.

I'm willing to bet a large portion of that 15% is "I don't know who this is but gently caress Hillary".

Older generations I think are far more likely to know who he is I think.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

One thing I missed in the PPP poll

Hillary loses 10% of of her support from the 2-way to the 3-way, 5% going to Johnson and 5% to undecided. Trump only loses 6%, 4% to Johnson and 2% to undecided.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Edible Hat posted:

Maybe the frustration will make them have a heart attack. Then they'll stay home and we'll all be better off.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Doredrin posted:

In the 1991 Louisiana gubernatorial election 39% of voters picked David Duke over Edwin Edwards.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

On a hypothetical Obama vs Trump match up, 51/46 Obama.

I'm shocked this is that close, even in a right-leaning swing state like N.C.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Doredrin posted:

Older generations I think are far more likely to know who he is I think.

gently caress you I'm trying to dig up the HB2 crosstabs.

Age breakdown for Hillary/Duke/Not Sure.
  • 18-29: 51/13/37
  • 30-45: 56/17/27
  • 46-65: 60/13/26
  • 66+: 51/18/31

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rincewinds posted:

I just find it so... stupid that people think a democratic president is better, but Hillary is way down comparatively and even then Trump have a higher percentage than a plain republican candidate. By all means, I believe Hillary is going to win, but I don't understand how it's even close if this is how people feel about the parties in general.

You have to keep in mind that many Republicans view Hillary exactly the same way you view Trump. Like a few have the "she is the literal Antichrist" mantra going around but the vast majority of them just see her as exactly the thing that will cause America's downfall and we have to fight against her by any means necessary.

Like imagine if Joe Lieberman was the Dem nominee. Even though he's a terrible vile man, do you think he's worse than Trump? Would you vote for him to keep Trump out of office? I would.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PostNouveau posted:

I'm shocked this is that close, even in a right-leaning swing state like N.C.

It's more the undecideds than Trump supporters flipping. Obama picks up 62% of the "Not Sure" 2-way voters and only 3% of Trump's.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There's a lot of dumb assertions in this post.

I am making no assertions. I am, of course, making a generalization about the mindset of the people who have not decided whom to vote for already in this election. Secondarily, I am arguing that calling all undecided voters dumb is both unhelpful in encouraging them to vote for Clinton and empirically unverified.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/778603059148709888

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this is fine

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
I made this image and I think it deserves its own thread, but whatever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

One other thing (UNLESS SOMEONE DISTRACTS ME AGAIN FROM DOING THE HB2 POST): NC Senate race is tied 41/41.

• Locked thread