Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/33148636/paternity-problems-warrant-issued-for-josh-gordons-arrest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

LmaoTheKid posted:

I would take DJ over CJ but I wouldn't be upset with CJ as a consolation prize.

MacheteZombie posted:

David Johnson. I'm still not 100% on CJ and if Siemians starts to struggle it could really impact the run game (stacked boxes).

Ah, true. Poor Gurley :(

Thanks guys!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Poonerman posted:

Moncrief out 4-6 weeks

In a 16-team league with only three bench spots (and no IR/Out slot), drop or hold?

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
^Beaten. Double goddamnit.

Oh, goddamnit.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_348172/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=3126Cntt

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Missing those child support payments i suppose?

Edit: lol for not taking a dna test

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's shady to circumvent league procedures with no communication to the league. I think that's the main point. The trade itself is whatever, it's more that the commish didn't do it above board.

I don't think this is one of those "quit your league" "get a new commish" situations, but I think he's in the right for calling out the commish and bringing it to his leagues' attention to prevent further, and possibly worse, abuses.

Yeah I'm not going to quit this league. I'm defending champ and I want to win again. He pulled a really bad trade last year and I still beat him. I want to do that again. I just wanted to see if this stunt was as bad as I thought it was. I will be bringing it to everyone's attention though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No. Just... No.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Tearing my hair out about who to start this week -- it's my league's rivalry week and I'm up against my husband. Can't lose. Feel like I have some good options but having trouble seeing clearly which players have the best upsides:

WR:
Dez Bryant
Tajae Sharpe
Jeremy Maclin
Nelson Agholor
Jamison Crowder
Brandon Marshall

Definitely starting Dez, but not sure about the other 2 (or 3, not sure if I wanna use a RB in my flex position). Crowder I just snagged this morning and he's going against the garbage Giants DEF. Agholor I picked up with Wentz last week, and he COULD be amazing but so far he's missed a lot of passes. Sharpe hasn't been great to me so far but is slated to do well against Oakland this week. Maclin -- idk. And Marshall may not know if he's playing til right before the game.

RB:
Latavius Murray
Frank Gore
CMike
Dwayne Washington

Murray is my only sure bet. Gore has been meh, and CMike is still getting his feet wet. I dropped Abdullah this morning and luckily had drafted Washington in the last round as a "just in case", so I've got him but not sure how great the potential is.

And... just for fun, what are everyone's thoughts on Manning vs Wentz for my starting qb? Seems like the consensus is Manning but Wentz has been so exciting thus far. Feels like a wildcard though and I'm not sure I wanna risk it, especially this week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Poonerman posted:

Moncrief out 4-6 weeks

Drop any of these guys for Dorsett? He's available in my 12 team keeper league, 0.5 PPR

Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Kenneth Dixon

Keep 3, but the keeper cost is really high, like 3 rounds above where you took them last year. So it's all about stashing lottery tickets and hoping they're worth keeping. Which is why I haven't already dropped those chumps.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Thank loving God I am not a Browns fan. Being a Saints fan and playing fantasy football is bad enough as it is.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Giants defense is not garbage.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Popero posted:

In a 16-team league with only three bench spots (and no IR/Out slot), drop or hold?

That's brutally tough but I feel like he's gotta be a hold. The waiver wire must be pretty barren, no?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Help me prioritize these players for waiver action. I am pretty RB needy right now, but some of these WR pickups are too juicy to pass up.

Jerrick McKinnon
DeVante Parker
Dwayne Washington
Quincy Enunwa
Mike Wallace
Victor Cruz
Christine Michael
Matt Asiata

E: dude who offered me Zeke + Marvin for my Gurley is now backing down and backpedaling to Demarco Murray + Michael Floyd. I still kinda feel like accepting, but trying to see if I can get him to do Zeke + Floyd or Murray + Jones. Other option is Murray + Jennings or Blount, since I don't think Floyd would actually be an upgrade over my current WRs. Thoughts?

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 21, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Maybe Josh Gordon is just a bad test taker

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cervixalot posted:

Maybe Josh Gordon is just a bad test taker

Or he has an IQ somewhere around carrot level

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Is there a thread for the SAS Eliminator w/ funcbucks? I can't find it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Will this affect Gordon this season? I just traded for this idiot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Will this affect Gordon this season? I just traded for this idiot.

I doubt it. Unless he just continues to refuse to provide his dna.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Sounds like providing his DNA is what got him in trouble in the first place

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If you willingly sold yourself on Josh Gordon this season after all that he has been through, it is your own drat fault

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Docjowles posted:

Drop any of these guys for Dorsett? He's available in my 12 team keeper league, 0.5 PPR

Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Kenneth Dixon

Keep 3, but the keeper cost is really high, like 3 rounds above where you took them last year. So it's all about stashing lottery tickets and hoping they're worth keeping. Which is why I haven't already dropped those chumps.

Out of those three, I'd drop Treadwell.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Poonerman posted:

If you willingly sold yourself on Josh Gordon this season after all that he has been through, it is your own drat fault

The Josh Gordon Saga is making me worry about Martavis Bryant (I'm holding Bryant in a dynasty league)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Poonerman posted:

ok

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Poonerman posted:

I sat back and laughed as he kept going in the 6-10 round ranges in my drafts. His risk is way too high.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Poonerman posted:

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, DAD

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Everyone remembers that he's still on track to come back at this point, yes?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Until he gets a suspension for getting arrested or something

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

To Kessler throwing him the ball. Until Goodell bans him from the league for LIFE for tarnishing its pristine image and reputation. But yeah.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone knows Josh Gordon is QB proof and will put up 200+ receiving yards every game.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

To Kessler throwing him the ball. Until Goodell bans him from the league for LIFE for tarnishing its pristine image and reputation. But yeah.

Once again, he's done a lot with lovely QBs.

Also, :lol:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/778630367800619008

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
get it while it's hot!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/778630190712885249

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Once again, he's done a lot with lovely QBs.

Also, :lol:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/778630367800619008

Kalil to IR, too. I am staying the gently caress away from the MIN run game.

(Which already sucked with their starting LT and AP)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Just came here to post that.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

This guy is wanting to shuffle up his team after starting 0-2 and is open to moving Julio.

He wants Jordy + good RB, but i've told him there's nothing wrong with his RB's currently and he's weaker at WR.

I'm thinking Jordy + Golden Tate, but i'm not sure he's gonna take that. If i do throw in a RB, i'm not even sure what combination i can do atm.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I dunno, a tackling dummy would have been more effective than Kalil last year, maybe this will force someone else to step up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Kalil is terrible, that's probably an upgrade. TJ Clemmings is probably going to be the LT (this is still probably bad but I think less bad than Kalil).

Also Zimmer just said that McKinnon is going to start.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

12 team, 1PPR, IDP
1xRB, 2xWR, 2xFlex

I'm currently 2-0 and top scorer, but wondering if I should be thinking about trying to shore up some weak spots with one or two of my receivers (maybe trying to sell high on them?). Mostly hurting at TE I guess. Maybe could try and get a stud IDP?

First week I ran 2 RB and 3 WR but last week I benched Gurley and ran 4 WR.

Anyway here's what I got and their current position rank using our scoring.

QB
Carr 3
Big Ben 6

WR
Cooks 1
Diggs 2
Coleman 18
Nelson 21
DeSean 37
Cruz 37
TY 50

RB
Forte 2
Bernard 11
Gurley 46

TE
Cameron 17
Miller 28
Graham 33

Other
Texans D
Bailey K
Sean Lee LB
Linval DT
Vaccaro S

Just looking for any advice along the lines of "maybe you could get this or this TE for this or this WR" or "you should try and sell this WR high right now because he's not likely to pan out"

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Kalil is terrible, that's probably an upgrade. TJ Clemmings is probably going to be the LT (this is still probably bad but I think less bad than Kalil).

Also Zimmer just said that McKinnon is going to start.

Yep - https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/778633424299028480

FYI it's a bad matchup this week for the Vikes against Carolina, so temper early expectations for McKinnon.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I know Kalil was turrible but I like to think that, if they kept trotting him out as the starter, that means the Vikes other options were more terrible. And PFF confirms that Clemmings, too, is indeed pretty bad. I just think the combo of new QB, a shaken up OL, and a muddled RB situation makes that a situation I want to avoid. I recognize the potential upside if you have McKinnon and it works out, but...yeesh. FF gives me enough headaches already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

VietCampo posted:

I sat back and laughed as he kept going in the 6-10 round ranges in my drafts. His risk is way too high.

Who is going in the 10th that has that upside? That's 2/3 of the way through most standard drafts. Do you really not think that Josh Gordon has the potential to be the 109-120th ranked fantasy player? He was going for like WR5 prices, how is that risky?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread