Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Nope read the reviews. They are as good, if not better than the real snes controllers. It's no bullshit. I have two and never thought I'd use em over the actual controllers.

well gently caress where do i buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sniep posted:

I thought the zune stuff worked p well all in all

*as long as it wasnt during leap year

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im sad the maclaren thing derailed the admitting of shames

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Many people find SNES games to be better than PSP games hth

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

itunes: if you click the play icon in this screenshot, what would you expect to happen?

1) start playing the album dark side of the moon by pink floyd beginning from the track "on the run"
2) nothing else why would it that's obviously what it should do

well you would be wrong. if you click the play icon it starts playing all your songs, in alphabetical order, from the point in the list where On The Run is.

EVEN BETTER - if you double click "on the run" it does exactly what you'd expect and starts playing the actual album

why does it do this? who knows!

apple is officially bad now

rapeface posted:

when you tap an app developer in the store, it takes you to rows of their apps which you get to scroll horizontally at the top of the screen :thumbsup:

apple is so bad now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

prefect posted:

do they listen to podcasts on their computers, or on some device-type widget?

i just use the widow howl-app for all my podcasts. haven't had any issues

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apple to build self-driving formula one car

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

apple to build self-driving formula one car

formula one bans self-driving cars after one year

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I remember playing a formula one game for Windows 95

there were a bunch of add-ons your team could develop like ABS or traction control and they'd be randomly banned and unbanned after every season

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
seems like the whole apple car thing is just apple burning money to keep Jony Ive happy

so of course jony wants to buy a british car company

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

maniacdevnull posted:

you can borrow movies for free at your local library :techno:

lol at the idea of going outside in order to get a thing like some sort of caveman

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember playing a formula one game for Windows 95

there were a bunch of add-ons your team could develop like ABS or traction control and they'd be randomly banned and unbanned after every season

p much any time a new tech comes along that would improve cars but only implemented by one team, f1 bans it the following season

they also change engine specs every few years so they had to go from small (2.4L max) naturally-aspirated v8's to even smaller turbocharged v6's recently

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

they added tabs to mail.app

but

there is no new tab button. cmd + T opens fonts.

what the gently caress is this garbage timb

10 points to the first yosposter to inform me how the hell u use tabs in mail.app.

very carefully

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i mean, ok, they do make cars with innovative materials to exacting standards, but its not like they have any experience making a consumer focused car on a budget

LMAO if you think Apple's cars are going to be priced at less than 6 figures.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
probably gonna get my iCar from the apple upgrade program

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ArmZ posted:

thinking about pulling the SNES out of the basement and playing super mario world and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_iW0O_0eA

lol talk about a lovely copy of neo geos soccer brawl

poty
Jun 21, 2008

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

BiohazrD posted:

im gonna post seriously about emulators here for a second

they suck

theres a reason audio nerds obsess over chip tunes and buy old hardware and get program music on a SNES instead of doing it in loving fruity loops of what the gently caress ever

go and buy an SNES, or NES, or whatever you want, buy the games you want to play. if youve got some money to blow get a scaler and do RGB mods on your consoles

if not just go to goodwill an find yourself a nice big CRT tv (they're loving everywhere because nobody will take the things or even recycle them for free)

your nes will never be worth a thousand dollars but itll never depreciate either. dont use a loving emulator

ugh yes let me buy a bunch of old lovely hardware to crowd out my living room so i can remember why crt tvs sucked rear end and rca cords were a pain in the rear end. oh man so 90's, I need two people to lift my lovely tv. so 90's, there's a rats nest of lovely cords connecting to my tv so it looks like the tv is being supported by some weird dystopian life support. oh man so 90's, look at all the plastic shitangles I have piled under my tv that require me to get up to change the god drat games, and don't forget the controller cords you'll inevitably trip over!

we could complete the nostalgic wet dream by including a lovely vcr that eats tapes and blinks 12:00 all the time, a remote that only works when you point it in a very specific spot, and replace our phones with walkmens that run on 8 aa's for two hours oh man I love the 90's!!!!

gently caress that, just use an emulator or buy it on your Wii U

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

My Linux Rig posted:

ugh yes let me buy a bunch of old lovely hardware to crowd out my living room so i can remember why crt tvs sucked rear end and rca cords were a pain in the rear end. oh man so 90's, I need two people to lift my lovely tv. so 90's, there's a rats nest of lovely cords connecting to my tv so it looks like the tv is being supported by some weird dystopian life support. oh man so 90's, look at all the plastic shitangles I have piled under my tv that require me to get up to change the god drat games, and don't forget the controller cords you'll inevitably trip over!

we could complete the nostalgic wet dream by including a lovely vcr that eats tapes and blinks 12:00 all the time, a remote that only works when you point it in a very specific spot, and replace our phones with walkmens that run on 8 aa's for two hours oh man I love the 90's!!!!

rip man who owns a bitcoin mining farm

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

lmao

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
my favorite thing about the new ios 10 messages app is that if you use the ~*digital touch*~ feature and try to start drawing a cock pic or whatever, but you accidentally trigger one of the other effects like the glowy orange ball thing, this mistake will just automatically send and as far as i can tell there is no way to cancel it. also there is no way to stop gifs from animating (aside from possibly disabling motion effects in the entire os). wtf apple

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

JewKiller 3000 posted:

my favorite thing about the new ios 10 messages app is that if you use the ~*digital touch*~ feature and try to start drawing a cock pic or whatever, but you accidentally trigger one of the other effects like the glowy orange ball thing, this mistake will just automatically send and as far as i can tell there is no way to cancel it. also there is no way to stop gifs from animating (aside from possibly disabling motion effects in the entire os). wtf apple

if you mash the sleep/ wake button before you lift your finger you can abort the message

unfortunately there is no way to abort the whole os

ufarn
May 30, 2009
introducing the ivroom

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BiohazrD posted:

well gently caress where do i buy

Buy it from here because there's a lot of people selling counterfeit ones believe it or not
http://www.gameinstock.com/8bitdo-snes-bluetooth-retro-receiver.html

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Nope read the reviews. They are as good, if not better than the real snes controllers. It's no bullshit. I have two and never thought I'd use em over the actual controllers.
username / post combo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

My Linux Rig posted:

I'm as spergy as they come when it comes to playing classic games in their ~purest form~ but even I draw the line at having a CRT in my living room.

Though lol if anyone finds an LCD acceptable in an arcade cabinet smdh

Also you solve the issue of cords by using the newly released Bluetooth receivers for the NES and snes that work incredibly well and even let you use a PS4 controller or WiiU gamepad.

And you also solve the issue of swapping carts by getting a flash cart.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 21, 2016

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Buy it from here because there's a lot of people selling counterfeit ones believe it or not
http://www.gameinstock.com/8bitdo-snes-bluetooth-retro-receiver.html

dang $50 bucks for the reciever and controller is a little steep but gently caress it, ill get one now for nes/snes and a second one later on

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i made peace with that by accepting that me doing a project with an rgb crt will surely lead to me blowing my arms off

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I'm as spergy as they come when it comes to playing classic games in their ~purest form~ but even I draw the line at having a CRT in my living room.

yeah thats why you get an xrgb mini framemeister and do rgb mods

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yea sorry let me just drop hundreds of dollars and maybe electrocute myself to get a headache while playing games

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

yea sorry let me just drop hundreds of dollars and maybe electrocute myself to get a headache while playing games

I tried to go LCD in my MAME cabinet because finding a new 25" arcade crt was literally impossible until one day I finally found one and I can sleep at night. If you're gonna put an lcd in an arcade cabinet you might as well be one of those people that just throws two x arcade sticks in front of their plasma and call it an arcade! My stars.

BiohazrD posted:

dang $50 bucks for the reciever and controller is a little steep but gently caress it, ill get one now for nes/snes and a second one later on

I recommend just getting receivers for the nes and snes and just using the SNES controller on both.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i don't even own a tv

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I tried to go LCD in my MAME cabinet because finding a new 25" arcade crt was literally impossible until one day I finally found one and I can sleep at night. If you're gonna put an lcd in an arcade cabinet you might as well be one of those people that just throws two x arcade sticks in front of their plasma and call it an arcade! My stars.
that is not the same thing at all, there is a real tangible benefit to building your own arcade controls and there also are plenty of real tangible benefits to using an lcd besides ~*muh scanlines*~

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I recommend just getting receivers for the nes and snes and just using the SNES controller on both.

this makes me feel dirty. controller must match

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

that is not the same thing at all, there is a real tangible benefit to building your own arcade controls and there also are plenty of real tangible benefits to using an lcd besides ~*muh scanlines*~

i hate fake scanlines; i never turn them on. but 240p arcade games look like poo poo when blown up to 720p+ so i'll never like LCD for arcade games.

if someone made a 25" 320x240 4:3 LCD i'd buy one

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
double-post

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just go to the local bar arcade wtf

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i would but all the games they have are from like 1981

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bump_fn posted:

just go to the local bar arcade wtf

groovy plan daddy-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

pseudorandom name posted:

I like how the fundamental feature of Bedtime, the notification that it is time for bed, literally does not work.
it has worked for me 1 (one) time and then never again

i literally think maybe it was a race condition with my do not disturb time being precisely the same as the go-to-bed notification

• Locked thread