Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

B&W throws cash at you like crazy between the quest rewards and loot, so unless you need to craft all five grandmaster sets you'll be plenty rich without ever touching a smuggler cache.

Of course you need to craft all five sets. What sort of monster wouldn't?! I bet you kill sentient trolls, too :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lotish posted:

Yep. There was also the scene after Yennefer interrogates Skjall's corpse. If you say she needed to be more compassionate before asking if she's okay, she gets upset you didn't ask after her well being first. If you then ask if she's okay, she admits she's fine, but less so for having to remind you to ask.

There are some things I like about Yen and Geralt's relationship, but I can really see why some people have unkind things to say about her.

That is one of the things I love so much about the conversation system, it tracks what dialogue choices you do and then alters some lines if you ask them before or after other lines. It makes conversations flow much more naturally because it has Geralt slide into changing subjects, rather than abrupt shifts from topic to topic like in Mass Effect.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Quote-Unquote posted:

Of course you need to craft all five sets. What sort of monster wouldn't?! I bet you kill sentient trolls, too :mad:

I had several oils I couldn't upgrade forever because I needed troll livers, and who kills trolls? Finally I came upon the farting ones, and they decided they wanted to eat me outright, but I still felt sad about it.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Lotish posted:

I had several oils I couldn't upgrade forever because I needed troll livers, and who kills trolls? Finally I came upon the farting ones, and they decided they wanted to eat me outright, but I still felt sad about it.

There are some permanently hostile and non-talking trolls around Skelige and even a sneakily hidden re-spawning one in south-eastern Velen, it replaces a bandit camp under a bridge after you clear it. If you don't know about it there's no reason to come there again.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pyromancer posted:

There are some permanently hostile and non-talking trolls around Skelige and even a sneakily hidden re-spawning one in south-eastern Velen, it replaces a bandit camp under a bridge after you clear it. If you don't know about it there's no reason to come there again.
poo poo where is this?

I think I remember finding a respawning auto-hostile troll in the northern Skellige island but it has been forever since I played so I cant remember the name of the island or the exact spot.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Quote-Unquote posted:

I killed the ones who were semi-holding the cobbler chap on my current 2nd run through, as I'm going down the alchemy route and needed troll livers. Sorry.

edit: I was told off by the cobbler (not Adam Sandler) by going "bleedin' bloody bloomin' 'ell, you didn't need to bleedin' bloody kill 'em!" if that makes it any more tolerable.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 21, 2016

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Rather Dashing posted:

I killed the ones who were semi-holding the cobbler chap on my current 2nd run through, as I'm going down the alchemy route and needed troll livers. Sorry.

edit: I was told off by the cobbler (not Adam Sandler) by going "bleedin' bloody bloomin' 'ell, you didn't need to bleedin' bloody kill 'em!" if that makes it any more tolerable.

You were the monster all along.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Quote-Unquote posted:

You bet I do! Trollolo massacred and then ate an entire village, I can't in good conscience let a menace like him roam free that close to Oxenfurt. :colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wartime rules, you bastard. big stew is always good :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that Lambert arguing with Vesemir in the back of the crowd? :xd:

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Finally platinumed The Witcher 3 after beating it for the second time and the first dlc. I think i have about 250 hours in the game :D

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That server with a pithfork is a nice touch.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

+5 against witchers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DoctorGonzo posted:

That server with a pithfork is a nice touch.

That pitchfork gets so many nods. I remember Geralt brings it up in a conversation about pride and ego with Lambert, there's a witcher trainee corpse with a pitchfork in it in Kaer Morhen, I think Gaetan got a pitchfork in the back, and at one point I think Geralt warns some people about the pitchforks coming out.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hobo Clown posted:

You bet I do! Trollolo massacred and then ate an entire village, I can't in good conscience let a menace like him roam free that close to Oxenfurt. :colbert:

No he didn't, you savage! He just ate the dead bodies.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tupperwarez posted:

Oh god, don't remind me. Cyberpunk is probably going to destroy my life when it comes out. Just gonna jack in and never leave...

Too bad cyberpunk is going to hit right before consumer VR goes mass market.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Gitro posted:

I did the crones before family matters and it didn't negatively impact it at all.

Yeah but what happens if you do Return to Crookback bog before family matters?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Philosopher King posted:

Yeah but what happens if you do Return to Crookback bog before family matters?

You can't. 'Return to' comes after Family Matters.

If you do the other quest that takes you to Crookback Bog before Family Matters, you don't know who Anna is so you just leave her there to look after the kids.

I don't know what happens if you do the Whispering Hillock before either though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It is possible for your first encounter with tamara to be when she comes to crookback bog with the witch hunters, if you never see her in oxenfurt first

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So many troll killers here, even worse than cat school apologists.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I'm only a cat school apologist, because fewer humans means more habitat for trolls.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I killed all the trolls

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Megazver posted:

Man, cosplay gets realer and realer. If you're are a Keira Metz fan:

The rest of the pictures get, uh, a little racy: Gallery 1, Gallery 2. :nws:

I guess someone should do a naked eyeliner bishi Geralt next, just so that everyone gets to have fun.

'If I'm going to die today m going to make sure I look smashing.'

It's just such a perfect word choice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I killed all the trolls

http://i.imgur.com/3WxPu1d.gifv

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That animation is so good. I love that scene.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It may be my favorite scene in the entire game, it just absolutely nails his despair after he finally finds what he was looking for and thinks he was too late.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I can't see that without thinking of an Arkham game over screen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

I can't see that without thinking of an Arkham game over screen.

Well you should have moved past that by now, but there's no shame in admitting it.

http://i.imgur.com/Jc16Its.gifv

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Both games have made me angry during plot developments okay. :saddowns:

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Jerusalem posted:

It may be my favorite scene in the entire game, it just absolutely nails his despair after he finally finds what he was looking for and thinks he was too late.

I'm going to second this. In a game full of emoting they absolutely nailed Geralt's expression and body language here. Even though you knew that surely she wasn't really dead, it was still an ohhhhhh....fuuuuck moment.

As far as awesome moments go, Geralt using igni flamethrower on the 2ic bad dude until his helmet melted to his face was just so :krad: I was almost out of my seat cheering. So satisfying.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about that scene is that it actually shows some decent cinematography. The wide angle shot with Geralt in the door, the close up of his slow footsteps, and the perspective shot in that gif are all excellent.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just won the passiflora tournament and the gwent gog client is ready to download :getin:

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 22, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

The Mantis posted:

Hey guys, The Mantis here. Hope all is well.

Just wanted to let you know i bought this game and it's currently downloading. At 103 kb/s. Because j live in the :airquote:third world:airquote:. It's going to take about seven days.

But I've never played it before and I'm looking forward to it. Okay well see ya.

Hey, The Mantis. Wish I could have the experience of playing this game over again. Recommend you take a glance at the Before I Play for some general tips. One of the most important ones, imo: whenever you make a potion/oil/bomb with alchemy, you have a 'base' then prepared. You'll use alcohest or mahakam spirit to replenish these automatically when you meditate, without having to prepare that item out of constituent ingredients.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dasbrooner posted:

I'm going to second this. In a game full of emoting they absolutely nailed Geralt's expression and body language here. Even though you knew that surely she wasn't really dead, it was still an ohhhhhh....fuuuuck moment.

As far as awesome moments go, Geralt using igni flamethrower on the 2ic bad dude until his helmet melted to his face was just so :krad: I was almost out of my seat cheering. So satisfying.

"Who taught you to fight like this?"
"The Witcher you slew! :flame:"

:hellyeah:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Man, I love the sideways glances and little interactions between Geralt and Triss. The characters are so impressively real seeming personality-wise, in a way I've never seen in a game before, even stuff animated like LA Noire.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Witcher 3 just honestly screams "quality" in a way that I haven't seen other games do.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Where can I load up on redanian herbal so I can make all the goddamn white gull I need for everything

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Most innkeepers will stock it, but its goddamn expensive.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
be thorough about searching for the best price for these things. The price for Mandrake Cordial, for example, can be about half of the usual if you find the right person to buy from.

I forgot which one it is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

White Gull is the other witcher expense problem I swear