Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Does LotF have a satisfying conclusion or is it a very clear would-be franchise hook?

It has a conclusion. They can go pretty much anywhere with the sequel if they decide to make more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
I'm a little disappointed with how easy Abyss Watchers were with any shield. An un-upgraded Grass Crest Shield was enough to tank 2-3 hits on both phases, and was enough to actually make them bounce and interrupt their combos just by blocking if they swung their dagger. I remember them being a lot harder when I was man-moding.
I tried to take on Dancer with a +4 weapon and lost about 60+ times before giving up though, so it's not like I'm remotely good at this game, either.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Wow I finally tried playing the game with a shield and its ridiculously easy when you use one.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Pontiff and NK were absolute nightmares with shieldless and pure melee. I did one playthrough like that and put that silly conceit on the shelf forever. Now I just bring a shield or summon co-op for my shieldless builds.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Deified Data posted:

Pontiff and NK were absolute nightmares with shieldless and pure melee. I did one playthrough like that and put that silly conceit on the shelf forever. Now I just bring a shield or summon co-op for my shieldless builds.

Have you tried getting good?

http://i.imgur.com/Kd4NBaN.mp4

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Wow I finally tried playing the game with a shield and its ridiculously easy when you use one.

The Way It's Meant to be Played ™

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

omeg posted:

Is it ever all the annoying stupidly sped up poo poo isn't a challenge at all with a shield. Pontiff knights, thralls, dogs, you name it its much easier with a shield.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

omeg posted:

I'm triggered

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

:prepop:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

:ssh: Her eyes are closed.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lotf enemies are annoying and move too fast and ones with shields are a nightmare.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
All my invasions were laggy as hell tonight but I still won most of them. It was some weird kind of lag where the other guys' hits would register immediately but mine took four or five seconds. It led to some very strange poo poo, like I'd backstab a guy for seemingly no damage but then he'd just randomly drop dead a few seconds later.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Iretep posted:

It has a conclusion. They can go pretty much anywhere with the sequel if they decide to make more.

One thing I like is how all three endings kind of feed into each other, with both NG+ and NG++ taking place in character. The narrative isn't particularly deep but it plays with player motivation fairly well.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
I got invaded by someone using a Dark Sword in catacombs and completely wrecked his poo poo using Drang Hammers. Was pretty fun.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Untrue Dark Ring = easy backstabs against unwary blueberries.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

:ssh: Her eyes are closed.

:popeye:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
ok im going to go 20/50 int/faith build. im guessing the only good weapons i care about is still raw rear end and lightning infused longsword.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

wahaha what an emote

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Can you bleed either of the bosses in the twin prince fight?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah a fast bleed weapon like Warden Twinblade chews them up real good.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

RyokoTK posted:

wahaha what an emote

I know, right?! Are the eyes popping out or is the head snappin' back?!

Who knows!!!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Who is this?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Garrand posted:

Who is this?

I believe her name is SayviTV. She speedruns Dark Souls.

I think she's barely 13, also. I only say, because, well, goons...

http://i.imgur.com/MQSj3Wn.mp4

:lol:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 21, 2016

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

lite_sleepr posted:

I believe her name is SayviTV. She speedruns Dark Souls.

http://i.imgur.com/MQSj3Wn.mp4

:lol:

You may have misread her twitch page. It says shes 23. Thanks though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Really makes you appreciate how you process the sound cues in the game internally. They're that good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

that is awesome, i wish i was this good at videogames at 13

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I remember when I was still a tween, possibly even 8 or 9. I was the go-to kid for Video Games. Stuck on Mouser in Mario 2? Send a runner to lite_sleepr's house and get him to zip over here.

I was basically PvPSkillz of the early 90s.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

lite_sleepr posted:

I remember when I was still a tween, possibly even 8 or 9. I was the go-to kid for Video Games. Stuck on Mouser in Mario 2? Send a runner to lite_sleepr's house and get him to zip over here.

I was basically PvPSkillz of the early 90s.

I was too, until I was introduced to the internet and realized that I am less than nothing at games. :(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

I like co-op in this game but, for fucks sake are pubbies a liability on the twin princes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

alf_pogs posted:

that is awesome, i wish i was this good at videogames at 13

I beat Contra 3 on hard when I was 13, I think that counts

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
there's a new dlc trailer that apparently spoils all the bosses, imma avoid it like the plague personally

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Here's the link that I know of, btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Xu39GOyow

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wow it looks like the new DLC has new items, locations, enemies, and bosses

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hate flies and fly anatomy and fly lairs and why did they have to go with flies after fleas?!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So one of the bosses looks to be Lady Maria but with ice instead of blood/fire. Should be p. fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow they are actually making Frigid Outskirts into a good area! :eyepop:

HGH posted:

I hate flies and fly anatomy and fly lairs and why did they have to go with flies after fleas?!

Those guys are kind of cute.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Genocyber posted:

So one of the bosses looks to be Lady Maria but with ice instead of blood/fire. Should be p. fun.

So like pretty much every boss in Dark Souls 3 already.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Darkroot Garden was peak gameplay design; an open area where you get chased around by a bunch of enemies. We gotta keep going back to this concept until we get it right again!

I thought it was funny they showed the player playing a knight, and also dying at the end using attempting to use magic. A very honest trailer.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Lol at people being really bitter about a new wolf boss. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Hey all just picked this up. I'm level 38 and am not seeing any summon signs in farron keep and I'm stuck like a duck. Am I too low? Too high?

E: on ps4

hanales fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 22, 2016