Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

After seeing the AK in videos and stuff I decided to try out automatics for the first time with this character, just got to 60 and it's a lot of fun, not the gimped weapon class i was expecting. I just wish that upgrading it didn't make the rate of fire increase alongside the damage, just means I waste bullets, especially when it's a furious legendary. Also this thing sounds suprisingly weak for a 7.62.

Anyone know of any good sound overhauls coming down the pipe? I'd been using Towbies but I think it's safe to consider that dead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Does anyone have a decent synth player character mod? I'm looking for something a little like this (stolen from the Awesome/Awful Game Mods thread):

Or like this classic NV mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

staberind posted:

off the top of my head, open your load order in xedit, find a weapon that this happens to in fo4.esm and see what's affecting the name?
unless stuff is renamed with scripting I suppose,
I have a similar problem : everything I pick up is tagged "unyielding" and has extra tags of biocom mesh etc, plus has the inventory tag of a helmet.
I dont really care so much, but it bugs me too.

Edit: oh Wow : Hubologists, yup, I like this DLC so far.

Hubologists are wonderful.

Also, is there any way to get xedit to work with MO's VFS voodoo? Ok, got it working just fine, now I have to figure out how to determine how this all works so I can dissect the issue. I did note that a few weapon mods I was using (the DKS sniper rifle and the Sten-lookalike DefenseGun) didn't have AWKCR patches natively, but another mod provided them. So now I'm working on trying to find appropriate patches, if any, for the mods I was using that have AWKCR patches or use it natively... and I'm not sure about a few of them. The Mauser pistol and Wasteland Melody's Chinese Assault Rifle, in particular. They don't seem to have either a VIS patch or AWKCR patch available, and they also don't list AWKCR as a requirement... which I think fucks with the sorting tags in some way. I dunno. For now, I think I've solved the immediate issue.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 19, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

staberind posted:

CLES is awesomesocks, that plus WOTC, the raider and supermutant overhauls, plus modern weapons, plus all the new powerarmor, plus weaponsmith extended, I die, suddenly, often.
practically anything with a gun can one shot me.

This sounds like a fun combo.

Whats the balance like for armour choices? Still slap on all the combat pieces you can get or is there some variety there?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SXARPxL5_A

I don't know how they're doing it, but people are making animations and putting them in the game. This isn't a replacer, apparently.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Gonkish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SXARPxL5_A

I don't know how they're doing it, but people are making animations and putting them in the game. This isn't a replacer, apparently.
Yeah, and somebody else has been making animations as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6gOwcinzR0

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Are there any mods that add the food/drink/disease stuff from survival without having to play survival? From what I can see most mods go for removing restrictions from survival, but even then you can't save/quicksave without using items, and some console commands don't work.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

Hubologists are wonderful.

Also, is there any way to get xedit to work with MO's VFS voodoo? Ok, got it working just fine, now I have to figure out how to determine how this all works so I can dissect the issue. I did note that a few weapon mods I was using (the DKS sniper rifle and the Sten-lookalike DefenseGun) didn't have AWKCR patches natively, but another mod provided them. So now I'm working on trying to find appropriate patches, if any, for the mods I was using that have AWKCR patches or use it natively... and I'm not sure about a few of them. The Mauser pistol and Wasteland Melody's Chinese Assault Rifle, in particular. They don't seem to have either a VIS patch or AWKCR patch available, and they also don't list AWKCR as a requirement... which I think fucks with the sorting tags in some way. I dunno. For now, I think I've solved the immediate issue.

I am not a MO user so I cannot comment,
I'd imagine for awkcr, loads and so on, you can make an override that sits at the bottom of your load order, like in your merged levelled list patch you get from the merge function in xedit.

copy the weapon info you need to edit into that patch, then add keywords you think it might need from awkcr, looking at similar weapons.
I think my biggest bit of advice is: as stuff is updated on the reg, do all your editing on overrides, if an update breaks your overrides, you can easily copy the changes into the override.

Occasionally xedit just spazzes out and adds nothing to your levelled list plugin, if that happens, just try again.

Gridlocked posted:

This sounds like a fun combo.

Whats the balance like for armour choices? Still slap on all the combat pieces you can get or is there some variety there?

I usually roll around in power armour, however, modern weapons now has some tactilol armor that also drops, also have a look on the nexus for some armor and add it to the levelled lists.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 20, 2016

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

staberind posted:

I'd imagine for awkcr, loads and so on, you can make an override that sits at the bottom of your load order, like in your merged levelled list patch you get from the merge function in xedit.

copy the weapon info you need to edit into that patch, then add keywords you think it might need from awkcr, looking at similar weapons.
I think my biggest bit of advice is: as stuff is updated on the reg, do all your editing on overrides, if an update breaks your overrides, you can easily copy the changes into the override.

Occasionally xedit just spazzes out and adds nothing to your levelled list plugin, if that happens, just try again.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing in xedit yet, I'll have to mess around more. Right now, I'm grabbing AWKCR and VIS patches if they're available, and I'm getting some weird inconsistency in how they apply to the whole sorting system. For example, the Crude Blowback weapon doesn't have explicit VIS support, but it does have an AWKCR patch. Using that, it sorts just fine, with the appropriate calibers (I'm only using vanilla ammo), etc. No issue. But another mod, the pipe shotgun mod, has an AWKCR patch... but doesn't sort at all. No icons, no [Shotgun] tag, nothing. I'm not sure why this is, but I assume it's some sort of discrepancy between the tags the patches are applying to their respective weapons, versus what VIS is actually looking for. I need to figure out what I'm looking at in xedit first before I can figure out what those discrepancies are and thus, hopefully, fix them. In other words, this is currently me: :psyduck:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Falken posted:

Yeah, and somebody else has been making animations as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6gOwcinzR0

gently caress your gun reloading someone already made the only animation that matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_zkKN2tPqc

staberind posted:

I usually roll around in power armour, however, modern weapons now has some tactilol armor that also drops, also have a look on the nexus for some armor and add it to the levelled lists.

Why does your XEdit look like that?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18639/

This is a cool idea. This guy has apparently connected most of the subway stations in the Commonwealth together, underground. Filled them with raiders, synths, ghouls, super mutants, etc., and once cleared you can eventually cross the entire commonwealth underground.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Because the one thing this game was missing from Fallout 3 was subways.

Pretty neat mod though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also, someone else is working on the Hellfire variant of the Enclave armor.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The eyes better be like X-01 :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Roll up roll interesting mods on Nexus roundout from the google documents guy!

First off, a new set of power armor! check out and stomp some mutants to death in the mean blue looking Gipsy Danger!

Missed the Merc Troublemaker outfit from the older games? well, now you have it once more!

Thinking of opening the best post apocalyptic comic book store of the Commonwealth and need some stuff for your shelves? Comic Collector has you covered you giant nerd!

Want a cleaner version of the new Nuka World assault rifle now?

SPERG mods ahead!

Tired the Brotherhood suddenly have a warehouse full of this weird new SO MUCH better power armor? this mod more or less replaces them with the previous suits of power armor from the last every other game!

Somebody reskinned the holotapes model to match the ones from the older Fallout games.

Like heavy metal armor but don't like being reminded of the eighties/warhammer 40k? this mod shrinks the shoulder pauldrons down a little.

Find the sound quality for the music on the Pipboy too clear and modern? want it to sound like like aged music from the 1950's played on a small radio instead of on a iPod? Immerisive Pipboy Radio has you covered friend.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Gonkish posted:

This is a cool idea. This guy has apparently connected most of the subway stations in the Commonwealth together, underground. Filled them with raiders, synths, ghouls, super mutants, etc., and once cleared you can eventually cross the entire commonwealth underground.
The interconnected subway lines were my favourite thing about Fallout 3, so I'm digging the idea of this. Will definitely give it a try.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

gently caress your gun reloading someone already made the only animation that matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_zkKN2tPqc

Why does your XEdit look like that?

I always use pale text on a darker background, settings apply systemwide & in programs as well, but I was lazy and have not changed all lists and so on, fully.
Last year it was amber on black, for a real old-school feel.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5021/

Anyone ever used this mod? Because the newest version's policeman sunglasses are broken.

I'm saying this because I just went through a magical adventure to track down a crash and FINALLY tracked it down to the policeman sunglasses. The diffuse texture won't even load up in Photoshop.

It's not like it's a super obscure mod or anything, so I don't know how I'm the first one to notice this, but... well, if you use this and have a mysterious crash, here you go.

EDIT: The plugin-free version works fine, it seems to be the packed one that's broken. I didn't realize this, as I downloaded the mod before there was a plugin-free verison and unpacked it myself.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 21, 2016

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Is there a good equivalent to the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod for Fallout 4? I really loved that mod, and functional displays doesn't really scratch that itch (and neither do the vanilla displays)

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Gonkish posted:

I honestly don't understand why this wasn't in the game to begin with. Or at least wasn't patched in for Survival mode. Seriously guys? You've made a mode without fast travel, but there has to be some way to alleviate it a *little*. Why not just use the subway systems? Could even make it a quest and say 'hey we also added more content!'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

E-Tank posted:

I honestly don't understand why this wasn't in the game to begin with. Or at least wasn't patched in for Survival mode. Seriously guys? You've made a mode without fast travel, but there has to be some way to alleviate it a *little*. Why not just use the subway systems? Could even make it a quest and say 'hey we also added more content!'

Because people complained about subways in Fallout 3.

Honestly, a lot of complaints like this can be answered that way!

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Honestly, a lot of complaints like this can be answered that way!

I never had an issue with the subways. I mean, aside from them being generic and easy to get lost in. Which could have been fixed by having. . .I dunno, better designs? Making them feel more unique. Maybe the quest would involved taking down the multiple smaller gangs that own the subway. Complete with gang markings, traps, and even 'types' for each gang. Like the most memorable gang in the entirety of FO4 was the forged and that's because they focused so much on flame weapons. Everybody else is just kind of a mishmash of 'RAIDERS! YARGH!"

One of them that focuses on shotguns/melee weapons. Another who prefers revolvers and imagines themselves to be the modern 'cowboys'. One who think they're all tacti-cool but have the dumbest setups on their guns, like a long rifle barrel but with a pistol grip because that totally won't ruin their loving aim. Another one is an offshoot of the minutemen who are basically what if the Tea Partiers went to their logical conclusion. (Bonus points if you could code it so that if your character had a darker skin color they were immediately hostile or you had a harder time persuading them'.)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm hoping that Raider Overhaul goes in that direction eventually. Maybe he will, maybe not. Not sure right now.

That said, this subway mod does at least seem to include clearing out raiders/synths/ferals/mutants in order to progress down the line. Hopefully the author fleshes it out more.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Gonkish posted:

That said, this subway mod does at least seem to include clearing out raiders/synths/ferals/mutants in order to progress down the line. Hopefully the author fleshes it out more.

Best way to do it would be to make it so you can retake the stations and "renovate" them - bringing them under control of your preferred faction. Maybe, or maybe not, treating them as full settlements. Having patrols walking the tunnels, being able to fast travel between connected stations, etc would be very cool.

EDIT: Does anyone know of an equivalent to Crafting Workbenches that is up to date? A bunch of the recipes don't work and play well with the newer DLC, and the author isn't updating.

Kenlon fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 21, 2016

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Gonkish posted:

I'm hoping that Raider Overhaul goes in that direction eventually. Maybe he will, maybe not. Not sure right now.

Yeah, when I saw they added new unique armors for Forged that's what I'm hoping he ends up doing. The different Raider factions actually have quite a bit of backstory here or there that it would be possible to flesh them out further.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that prevents dungeons from respawning enemies after a I've cleared the place out? I'm a perfectionist, and I don't like wandering down the same street only to see that places I've massacred suddenly have new tenants.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a mod that prevents dungeons from respawning enemies after a I've cleared the place out? I'm a perfectionist, and I don't like wandering down the same street only to see that places I've massacred suddenly have new tenants.

Survival mode makes respawn timers so long that you're unlikely to clear the same place twice unless you sleep for several months at once.

anyway

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4649/

should cover you. You can also change this setting with a console command, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Gonkish posted:

Tried it a bit, first impressions: subway tunnels seem pretty boring designwise, not that interesting to explore and my game got unstable (may be unrelated, may not be, but I got two crashes shortly after starting in on the tunnels from Concord). I'm gonna keep an eye on the mod and see how it develops, but for now it's out of my load order.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Berke Negri posted:

What's everyone's take on the Unofficial Patch? Is it fairly essential like previous efforts or not really worth it?

I've been doing a modded playrun the past two weeks testing out stuff before I pare everything down to the barest essentials back to my original 200+ hours save I've had going since the game launched, so I'm just wondering if that's one I really need or if it has a habit of breaking things in unexpected ways. Out of the 40+ hours testing stuff I don't think I've really noticed anything, though Tier 4 vendors seem to work now but for all I know Bethesda fixed that at some point.

the unofficial patch removes the ability to loot weapons for the ammo in the magazine(or at least did 3 months ago) so I'm not using it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Halser posted:

the unofficial patch removes the ability to loot weapons for the ammo in the magazine(or at least did 3 months ago) so I'm not using it.
Patch 1.6 fixed the weapon bloat issue, so the workaround you're referring to was removed from the unofficial patch.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Is there a way to edit a companions default equipment?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What's the consensus on the Perk Paths mod in the OP? Is it any good?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 22, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Arcsquad12 posted:

What's the consensus on the Perk Paths mod in the OP? Is it any good?
Very good but broken by Nuka World (some perks, including the lockpicking ones, have disappeared from the list). No ETA on a fix.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Terbulus posted:

Is there a way to edit a companions default equipment?

Xedit can do that as well as F4CK, however editing companions can sometimes give them extra chromosomes.
you can just give them stuff to use and hit "T", they will equip it.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm preparing for my 2nd playthrough now that all the DLC is out and it looks like I will once again spend more time adding mods than playing the game.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know it's dumb and way beyond the scope of the game's engine or code, but that's something I found myself wishing I could address on my very first playthrrough. Clear a location, then order the local minutemen artillery to shell the building into rubble so it couldn't be re-occupied by hostiles.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

I'm preparing for my 2nd playthrough now that all the DLC is out and it looks like I will once again spend more time adding mods than playing the game.

I just did this the other day. 9 hours altogether. Looking through as many pages of mods as i could handle, installing and setting up MO, fixing MO, fixing and tweaking the game itself.

Still cant get bodyslide to work with MO though, even after trying the answers i got on the MO board.

Came in to say how much i love Unlocking Violence
Punching and ramming doors open is not only rad and appropriate for my psychobuff fueled raider character, it is also a big time saver. I also like it because it only unlocks doors, not chests.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Midnight Voyager posted:

My only issue with the DC Metro system in FO3 was that I kept getting lost because I kept thinking it was laid out like its real life counterpart.

"Oh yeah, just follow the Red Line and I'll get there!"

Nope.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How difficult would it be to make a merchant in F4Edit for a guy with no modding skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Raygereio posted:

Patch 1.6 fixed the weapon bloat issue, so the workaround you're referring to was removed from the unofficial patch.

oh, nice.

Guess I can give it a shot again whenever I start another FO4 playthrough, which should happen before the heat death of the universe.