Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

heart gold is basically the perfect Pokemon game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think Heart Gold is the best.

I got soul silver with a 2ds and I gave it to my nephew and the little motherfucker loved it. Never played it myself.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my morning jackass posted:

That's why it costs more than a new Pokemon game lol. Though I heard once that gen 2 Pokemon aren't in a lot of the newer games and heart gold/soul silver are the only way to get them

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if not for hgss i never would have finished a pokemon game. i didn't have a game boy as a child so i missed out on the best gen (2).

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Crystal was God tier.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it was

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was pissed that the whole weird Unown expanded content never led to anything except some items. I caught every letter :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
my gamer confession is that i think ruby/sapph/emerald were better overall vs g/s/c

only thing i wish r/s/e had was traveling to kanto/johto and fighting red/blue/etc, that was awesome

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

What the gently caress

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I need to play Omega Ruby but I might not bother with Sun and Moon coming soon (bit of gamer humour: "Sun" and "Moon" could be combined into "Soon" haha)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't wait for Pokémon Noon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i've never played a pokemon game and never will

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gold is my second favorite but i think heart gold was a little disappointing for me because they didnt fix the weird rear end level curve. still cool game though i wish pokemon could follow you around still

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Why not?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't know. sometimes, in life, you just end up not playing a pokemon game.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I never played Pokémon either, I'm just old enough that it wasn't a thing yet when I was a kid. Maybe if my kids get into it in a few years I'll dive in with them. They already know more Pokémon than I do from watching their mother play GO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I've beaten the elite 4 in every gen but I skipped the remakes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I never played HeartGold so I'm going to play it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Does anyone know how you would get pokemon from Black into the pokebank?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

HORMELCHILI posted:

Does anyone know how you would get pokemon from Black into the pokebank?

theres a separate app on the eshop called poke transporter that takes whatever's in box 1 of b/w and puts it in pokemon bank

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

awesome ty

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

He's 80 years old.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I completely agree - I always thought gen2 was the best (gen3 wasn't bad though), so after playing HG I totally agree that it's the optimal Pokémon game. Very satisfied with the way they re-did it.

As for my gamer confession, it's remarkably similar to this:

trying to jack off posted:

i got a bunch of pc games including my copy of starcraft in the late 90s/early 2000s by renting them from a video store and registering the cd keys
However I never registered any keys online, as I only played single-player games and over the LAN up until I was around 20, when I finally got an internet connection that isn't poo poo. (good ol' semi-rural/suburb-outskirts living, in South Australia. Had dial-up for quite some time before that too, before moving up to a terrible 2GB broadband deal)

However I feel that I've more than made up for it now, seeing as I buy so much on Steam despite always going back to Crusader Kings 2, anyway :downsgun:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

I completely agree - I always thought gen2 was the best (gen3 wasn't bad though), so after playing HG I totally agree that it's the optimal Pokémon game. Very satisfied with the way they re-did it.

As for my gamer confession, it's remarkably similar to this:

However I never registered any keys online, as I only played single-player games and over the LAN up until I was around 20, when I finally got an internet connection that isn't poo poo. (good ol' semi-rural/suburb-outskirts living, in South Australia. Had dial-up for quite some time before that too, before moving up to a terrible 2GB broadband deal)

However I feel that I've more than made up for it now, seeing as I buy so much on Steam despite always going back to Crusader Kings 2, anyway :downsgun:

There's a huge map game community in IZ

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

There's a huge map game community in IZ

Oh wow, so there is! I don't know how I managed to miss the sticky for it - making my way over there now. Thanks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

He's 80 years old.
I respect that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my gamer confession I just remembered is that I got so mad after losing a 1v1 npc race in Need for Speed Most Wanted that I popped the disc out and drove to gamestop to trade it in immediately after

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

my gamer confession I just remembered is that I got so mad after losing a 1v1 npc race in Need for Speed Most Wanted that I popped the disc out and drove to gamestop to trade it in immediately after

i got so mad at the cheesebridge secret in super mario world that i deleted all my saves and ripped the cart out of the snes, and chucked it onto my roof

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

frank.club posted:

lol nice

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

frank.club posted:

Lol. My friend downloaded a 100% save for Most Wanted on his modded xbox because of this and I was really jealous of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent a lot of time playig Need for Speed underground just buying different shades of neon trim for my car and driving around not doing any events

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I spent a lot of time playig Need for Speed underground just buying different shades of neon trim for my car and driving around not doing any events

underground was cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

hell yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol. My friend downloaded a 100% save for Most Wanted on his modded xbox because of this and I was really jealous of it.

it wasn't really a bad game, but the ai seemed to pull snes Mario kart style cheating. The race that got me was a 1v1 where the player had to beat a Bugatti with a Shelby GT. The Bugatti is faster in a straight line but I had a one second lead within 5 seconds of the finish line and the other car sort of effortlessly beat me by a fraction of a second lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

frank.club posted:

For me it was I was 1v1ing Borsche and I was close to him but I started lagging really bad but I had nasty LG on his rear end and then all of a sudden he appeared behind me and I stood out of my chair and yelled WHAT! and slammed my hand on the keyboard and then I had to /forfeit and spend 10 minutes finding all the keys.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I got really into doing that and the drag races.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

For me it was I was 1v1ing Borsche and I was close to him but I started lagging really bad but I had nasty LG on his rear end and then all of a sudden he appeared behind me and I stood out of my chair and yelled WHAT! and slammed my hand on the keyboard and then I had to /forfeit and spend 10 minutes finding all the keys.

Lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

frank.club posted:

it wasn't really a bad game, but the ai seemed to pull snes Mario kart style cheating. The race that got me was a 1v1 where the player had to beat a Bugatti with a Shelby GT. The Bugatti is faster in a straight line but I had a one second lead within 5 seconds of the finish line and the other car sort of effortlessly beat me by a fraction of a second lol.

oh are you talking about the new mw? that was bad :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GameCube posted:

oh are you talking about the new mw? that was bad :-(

Nah, this one came out maybe like 4 or so years ago?

• Locked thread