Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality: 4474 followers

https://twitter.com/inn_starcitizen: 2693 followers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah, but that's mostly just goons right?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

I mean he's right, if they signed an NDA they signed an NDA. Still insane, though, and the only reason cultists are reacting so poorly to this is because the leaks aren't speaking of a jesus patch.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I just noticed that that dudes handle is @real_lethality. Like, I guess there are a bunch of people who want to pretend to be a person with bad opinions about video games? That makes me sad.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Jfc this guy is a weaselly little turd.

Name me one other game as open as star citizen!

*is given several examples*

Nuh uh they aren't in the same genre and I never heard of half of them so it doesn't count. Name me one other game called star citizen made by someone called Chris Roberts that is as open as star citizen! Bet you can't!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alphabettitouretti posted:

Jfc this guy is a weaselly little turd.

Name me one other game as open as star citizen!

*is given several examples*

Nuh uh they aren't in the same genre and I never heard of half of them so it doesn't count. Name me one other game called star citizen made by someone called Chris Roberts that is as open as star citizen! Bet you can't!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I appreciate your posts Mirificus.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Why does he keep calling SC an MMO? It clearly doesnt have the characteristics of an MMO.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

Colostomy Bag posted:

Maybe I missed it but what happened to your account after they nuke btak griefers?

Situation normal afaik. Haven't tried a forum post and don't intend to. Sent my request for a refund though, avec salt. Will update as it all happens.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thatguy posted:

I appreciate your posts Mirificus.

He has been the best content poster since gorf left.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I appreciate his logic. You can't compare Star Citizen because there's no game like Star Citizen. FACT. :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

JB50 posted:

Why does he keep calling SC an MMO? It clearly doesnt have the characteristics of an MMO.

Hell just the other day on another forum someone asked what MMO's were on the horizon. Someone replied SC.

I don't know if I'm just more cognizant of this dumpster fire versus other games and just sorta skip over like replies, but the SC cult seems to pop up in the weirdest places. I wouldn't be surprised if someone posted a "well had to put my dog down" type thread and some screwball would interject about their being pets and permadeath in SC.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jimeth posted:

Situation normal afaik. Haven't tried a forum post and don't intend to. Sent my request for a refund though, avec salt. Will update as it all happens.

Interesting. Figured you'd at least get a PM or something.

Jimeth
Apr 14, 2016

Lackadaisical Phraseologist

Colostomy Bag posted:

Interesting. Figured you'd at least get a PM or something.

Surprised me too. They probably figure I'm an attention seeker and don't want to feed me, though that's an incredibly sensible move for a company like CIG.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ryan Archer working for Amazon now

Bonus, reddit retards calling for blood because of unauthorized use:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53uj01/found_a_wild_freelancer_on_amazon/

napukin posted:

One of the first google image hits for "landed space ship." Thats lazy.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Ryan Archer working for Amazon now

Bonus, reddit retards calling for blood because of unauthorized use:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53uj01/found_a_wild_freelancer_on_amazon/

:ironicat:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

Excuse me but Persistence is in since 2.4, get your facts straight goonailure.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lmao. The gift that keeps on giving.

Meanwhile, 10ftc apparently missed the 3hr stated delay. Soon to be hour four.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

lmao. The gift that keeps on giving.

Meanwhile, 10ftc apparently missed the 3hr stated delay. Soon to be hour four.

Filming things a week in advance is hard to do guys

It's not like they have their own tv studio in the office or anything

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Most Open*(sign the NDA<do not discuss the jesus patch[we hide the financials]>)

*closed is open, up is down, water is dry.

heres a cats

https://i.imgur.com/zusn4ha.gifv

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
These comments about leaks are just creeping me out. what's wrong with all those teens subjugating themselves under a strict corporate fist? is this a sideeffect from wearing all that CIG underwear and dreaming in CIG bedsheets? seems like everyones brain turned into mush - who can't wait to finally become a corporate lackey humping around because he lacks the spine from all that snitching.
Someone finally gently caress this up and burn all that pocket money so that all the nerd pride goes up in flames... it's just physically painful to watch all this happening.

/starcitizen

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 22, 2016

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

JB50 posted:

It doesn't have any characteristics of a video game either, but that's never stopped anybody from calling it one.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Hahaha I've never seen someone self own via mic drop before

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
It looks like Lethality accidentally while talking about enforcing rules broke a rule, so I made sure to let him know!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53ulnp/leaks_from_a_game_developers_perspective/d7wqbch

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Someone just linked this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiyAzzh1Cjc

Short version: Player glitches himself into the ship and calls it "Successful pirate boarding action PVP"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Iglocska posted:

It looks like Lethality accidentally while talking about enforcing rules broke a rule, so I made sure to let him know!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/53ulnp/leaks_from_a_game_developers_perspective/d7wqbch

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/law-professor-trump-can-be-impeached-for-fraud-and-racketeering-before-he-even-takes-office/

quote:

“In the United States, it is illegal for businesses to use false statements to convince consumers to purchase their services,” Peterson wrote in a paper published Monday titled "Star Citizen and The Dream Scam". “The evidence indicates that CIG/RSI used a systemic pattern of fraudulent representations to trick thousands of Spergs into investing in a program that can be argued was a sham.”

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Iglocska posted:

I don't know how reddit works but is this a result of that?

e: fb :argh:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Maw posted:

I don't know how reddit works but is this a result of that?

e: fb :argh:

I doubt it, never seen that before. WTF is rule 5?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I have good news, new john wick soon,

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

^^^ hell yeah

Iglocska posted:

If it's the rules in the sidebar,

sidebar posted:

Submitted content must be related to Star Citizen. Content with an indirect relationship to Star Citizen must be a text/self post and must attempt to provide meaningful discussion of Star Citizen.
?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Iglocska posted:

I'm guessing it's this rule:

quote:

Submitted content must be related to Star Citizen. Content with an indirect relationship to Star Citizen must be a text/self post and must attempt to provide meaningful discussion of Star Citizen.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I like that author already. When I get home from work I might copy paste that link on the sc reddit a few hundred thousand times.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

grimcreaper posted:

I like that author already. When I get home from work I might copy paste that link on the sc reddit a few hundred thousand times.

Uh yeah click on the link and read it first buddy.

Derek is clowning around.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

JB50 posted:

TBH, it barely has any of the characteristics of a game either, but let's not saw that branch right now.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ripptide posted:

TBH, it barely has any of the characteristics of a game either, but let's not saw that branch right now.

Pretty sure O.J Simpson was guilty but we all know how that turned out.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

someone at work today tried to bring up, "that big space game made by that guy who did a space game a while ago?" as small talk and when I asked if he meant that, "debacle of a game called star citizen that will never be released?" he seemed very confused because, "I thought they'd been releasing things....?" "ya but those things aren't exactly a game."

I eagerly look forward to emails and conversations with someone I already hate at work about how, "I think you've got it all wrong about the BDSSE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

• Locked thread