Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/08/bext-xi-united-city-manchester-derby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im the 5 goals/game conceded on the counter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
after the article he wrote about rooney being premier league's top scorer last year its no surprise he makes the team

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

They werent very kind about it on fw either.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Jamie Jackson is a massive twat

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
On liverpool's movement:

At times it appears chaotic, but look closely and you can see the patterns, kaleidoscopic movement, bright colours, all loops and curves.

suqit...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

chuggo is BACK posted:

On liverpool's movement:

At times it appears chaotic, but look closely and you can see the patterns, kaleidoscopic movement, bright colours, all loops and curves.

suqit...

Look closely and watch the loops and curves appear and disappear before your eyes

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/11/david-moyes-claims-he-could-have-won-the-premier-league-if-he-ha/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/sep/15/breaking-the-law-punish-football-teams-negative-play

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Beau Dure is a northern Virginia-based writer and the author of three books on soccer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

peanut- posted:

Beau Dure is a northern Virginia-based writer and the author of three books on soccer.

Beau Dure's LinkedIn posted:

After 10 years as a full-time writer and online editor at USA TODAY, I joined the freelance world to focus on my writing and blogging interests in soccer, Olympic sports, MMA and journalism. My first book, "Long-Range Goals: The Success Story of Major League Soccer," was published in 2010 by Potomac Books. My second book, "Enduring Spirit: Restoring Professional Women's Soccer to Washington" was self-published in 2013. A book on youth soccer, "Single-Digit Soccer: Keeping Sanity in the Earliest Ages of the Beautiful Game," followed in 2015.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dude wrote a book about the success of MLS at the same time grant wahl wrote one about how much of a shitshow it was

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

peanut- posted:

Scrap the offside rule!
/

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

quote:

Passivity penalty. Each team will be required to register a legitimate shot on goal at least once every 30 minutes. Failure to do so is punished by the removal of one player. The referee wouldn’t issue a red card – so players aren’t suspended for a collective failing – but the manager of the offending (or over-defending) team would be obliged to take off one player. We’ll need to define a shot too – possibly a ball that is either on target or within six yards either side of the goal – to prevent players from just taking a speculative whiff from 50 yards out every few minutes.

Those are game-by-game solutions. A few other ideas are dependent on the type of competition.

Yeah, pretty sure even Sunday league cloggers can take a shot from the half way line that is within six yards of the goal.

Not sure why I picked that particularly point out of the article, but there you go.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Offside is a great rule and that guy sucks. We should mine his tweets to find out what the loving nerds who follow him say

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Offside is a great rule and that guy sucks. We should mine his tweets to find out what the loving nerds who follow him say

universally negative responses, it's pretty entertaining

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

Sounds like gangstalking here, mods.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The Guardian's football coverage is the only part of the paper that hasn't gone to the dogs.... until now! Strewth.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

peanut- posted:

Beau Dure goddamn there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Good to know he's still awful.

wicka posted:

universally negative responses, it's pretty entertaining
I'm amazed. Usually he's got people who will back up everything he says because he's one of those people who's all "Major League Soccer's format will be the reason the US wins the World Cup one day JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE YOU FOREIGN SCRUBS"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

I'm amazed. Usually he's got people who will back up everything he says because he's one of those people who's all "Major League Soccer's format will be the reason the US wins the World Cup one day JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE YOU FOREIGN SCRUBS"

i didn't do a real deep dive bc i value my sanity so it's possible those people are still there somewhere

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
This was well worth the wait, behold, the Football Focus Bake Off XI (+ 1):

Wayne Macarooney
Mark Battenberg
John Scones
Joe TartBakewell Hart
Sergio Biscuits
Brian Eclair
Rosicky Toffee Pudding
Efan Ekokunut Cake
Efe Sodje Bottom
Juan Pablo Angel Cake
Delph Raising Flour
Cristiano Ronaldough

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HJB posted:

This was well worth the wait, behold, the Football Focus Bake Off XI (+ 1):

Rosicky Toffee Pudding
Efan Ekokunut Cake
Efe Sodje Bottom

these were good imo

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Karanka out !!! Gibson will dilly dally until the end of November when he stops counting his money looks up and sees the league table. Like many of us i have done the maths and see us with a maximum 12 points (optimistic) by the end of November. No shots on goal again ! for those of us that make the effort and pay to go to away games its a disgrace. Decided not to waste money going to West Ham due to boring negative football.

I don't think I can add much to what has been said already except..........
It's obvious Boro are not a Premiership team AK isn't a premiership manager and as far as his CV of getting up promoted, we only just scraped up by the skin of our teeth.
Well, no more away games for me, I said a couple of weeks ago that I could spend my money better than waste it travelling to watch this rubbish served up week after week.
Now then, here are the next 8 games..........on our current form and managers tactics can anyone tell me where we might just get a point?

We won't attack (manager won't allow it) we can't defend even though we are supposed to have a defensive minded manager and that last bastion we have to stop goals after the defense has gifted balls to the enemy, Dimi, isn't being picked because AK would rather play a has-been Spaniard

Karanka not concerned because of the team spirt Im sorry if that's what he calls spirt they is something very wrong. 90 mins 0 shots on target team spirt are you haveing a joke. The team lack in going forward the play is too slow. They is no pace in the team the fastest player on the pitch today was nuse and he is not that fast. All good teams have fast pacey players and ones that know how to cross a ball and pick someone out. So don't tell us the team spirit was good shooting wins you games not defence defence defence.

Bout time all the divvies, who come on here, banging that BIG pro-Boro drum...realise it's NOT anti-Boro to want a manager who knows how to...

(A) set up a team
(B) vary the tactics
(C) sign credible players
(D) know how to walk away

...A-QUÉ is WRONG for Boro in the Prem. Just WRONG!!

If ANY tint thinks MFC are gonna thrive in this league with A-QUÉ at the helm, then they are truly deluded..or just plain STUPID...there are no other options!!

GO ON Mr. GIBSON, DO THE BRAVE THING!!
(or ALL you have worked for will be washed away...sooner than you think)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wrong thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

heh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I'm sorry but Klopp is not normal, I don't care what he and Liverpool think

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I don't even know what this one means.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Wrong thread, obviously.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/TotallyManU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy poo poo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

definitely wrong thread lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

But seriously that dude needs counseling for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He'd be better off using that twitter handle to follow whatever Manu Ginobili is up to.