Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Luccion posted:

You do and don't, by standing on the spot they need to land on, it screws MANY people over because they react to it. It's pretty funny, would highly recommend.

oh yeah, that's top tier because you're just taking advantage of their stupidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

There are definitely going to be those red siva pillar things that damage you when you are close

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

8th-snype posted:

gently caress Felwinter and her stupid mountain. I'm gonna go run the final story mission over and over so I can hit her with an axe if I fall off this dumb thing again.

Felwinter's a dude. He was also a blinking voidlock who knew how to shoulder charge

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

I'm so mad I got him confused with Jolder. Why does a tiny bit of level geometry change the direction of my jump completely, I'm a magic unkillable zombie that can fly.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus, all you fucks complaining about the Felwinter jumping sound like millennial bitches. Go play Mega Man or Super Meat Boy if you want to talk about painful jumping.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

8th-snype posted:

I'm so mad I got him confused with Jolder. Why does a tiny bit of level geometry change the direction of my jump completely, I'm a magic unkillable zombie that can fly.

It's just the way they set up jumping in the game, there's lots of spots where if you tap jump on an angled surface you fly away at a weird angle. It is frustrating when trying to scramble over a ledge or something but I imagine they did it to try and keep people from getting stuck or exploiting geometry.

And then two years after launch elected to put in a jumping puzzle that requires precision. :downs:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

the green traps seem hive associated. So they might... but maybe not? There were those vestiges from dark beyond that never were used in Crota's.

I'm betting there's some power core moving/swapping shenanigans though.

Ok. You might me right about the green traps that makes sense power cores sound possible and I think some of the armor has perks related to cannons so probably some of that too

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

It's just the way they set up jumping in the game, there's lots of spots where if you tap jump on an angled surface you fly away at a weird angle. It is frustrating when trying to scramble over a ledge or something but I imagine they did it to try and keep people from getting stuck or exploiting geometry.

And then two years after launch elected to put in a jumping puzzle that requires precision. :downs:

That and you restart not on the last ledge you touched but on some random level based on how far your body fell.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
They made a big deal about how the Splicers are experimenting on the Hive. Like a 98% chance they show up in the raid

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xzzy posted:

yeah the movement's designed for fps run n gun. Flat, large surfaces, maybe a gentle gradient, not too much precision required because you're going to be shooting poo poo. Not tiny little rocks with weird angles and overhangs and little pebbles everywhere that send you flying away

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

8th-snype posted:

That and you restart not on the last ledge you touched but on some random level based on how far your body fell.

It's based on checkpoints the game makes when it thinks you were "safe." That's why if you jump off the ledge several times in the tower your spawn point moves around, the game has logic to detect if you die repeatedly to step backwards through your history to try and fix death loops.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jolder's thingy makes me so happy. Finally I can dash everywhere like a spastic rear end in a top hat and never have to slow down. Best Iron Lord, would attune again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just wait until people start finishing the Thorn quest and you wish you had the DoT artifact instead.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I just came back to playing destiny, is there a PS4 community of goons or something? didn't touch my PS4 for months.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No, all the PS4 players saw the error of their ways and switched to xbox.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Just wait until people start finishing the Thorn quest and you wish you had the DoT artifact instead.

There are much bigger factors in how often I get smoked in crucible than poor artifact choice

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

El Chingon posted:

I just came back to playing destiny, is there a PS4 community of goons or something? didn't touch my PS4 for months.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720896

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

a messed up horse posted:

Jolder's thingy makes me so happy. Finally I can dash everywhere like a spastic rear end in a top hat and never have to slow down. Best Iron Lord, would attune again.

Now get dune marchers

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Haha a legendary makeshift scarf

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

Now get dune marchers

oh man

oh hell yeah

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FishBulb posted:

THE STARTER SCARF?!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah. Check out the Bungie armory, there's a lot of og class items in stock

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FishBulb posted:

CLOAKLESS HUNTER LIVES

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

CLOAKLESS HUNTER LIVES

That's a tough call because my strength of the pack cloak with goldspiral on is so goddamn glorious.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Trashing my srl Cape when I get home.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Are the super low impact, high ROF auto rifles any good with the balance changes for ROI? I feel like the answer's no, but I'd hate to shard something and then find out I should have kept it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

xzzy posted:

That's a tough call because my strength of the pack cloak with goldspiral on is so goddamn glorious.
Strength of the Pack is also great with Chatterwhite. Doesn't matter, don't have to choose!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Trashing my srl Cape when I get home.

Same

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

THE STARTER SCARF?!

Yeah I got one out of a blue

I think I prefer Taniks though

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

FishBulb posted:

I think I prefer Taniks though

This is the correct choice

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

Now get dune marchers

It's also hilarious (tho not as great) with the new Hunter boots, the Frostees

boz
Oct 16, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Now get dune marchers

Wasn't sure how much I was gonna love these but now that i can turn on a dime while sprinting I don't think I can go back.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok so I'm doing that echoes of the past quest and after unlocking that laser door I got killed amd sent back and it's lasered again but it just says terminal rebooting and it won't let me through now, what gives

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What level poo poo do the purple Sivas pop?

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

Ok so I'm doing that echoes of the past quest and after unlocking that laser door I got killed amd sent back and it's lasered again but it just says terminal rebooting and it won't let me through now, what gives

you gotta wait a few minutes and it will let you use another key

i did the same thing

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

CLOAKLESS HUNTER LIVES

Makeshift Scarf is a micro-peniscloak but Titan Mark of the Risen is no dishtowel Titan, woop!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unfortunately Bungie did eventually make nice titan marks so the motivation to wear the newbie mark is kind of gone. The new monarchy exotic for example is pretty glorious.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
By the way what happened to the old monarchy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats the iron lords

• Locked thread