Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Real talk, when I was a kid I thought Yamcha's manipulable ki ball attack was the coolest poo poo ever. It really kept me from seeing how lame Yamcha was for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is very different from Kid Goku who had a really weird moral compass and would gladly murder anyone who crossed his path. It's honestly horrifying to read some of his lines while thinking just how different he is than how he'd be as an adult. He just fully accepted to destroy the Red Ribbon Army not because it's the right thing to do, not because it would have strong fighters, but because Snow helped him so he'll pay her back in blood. You can very clearly see why Togashi decided it'd be fun to take Kid Goku but put him in a far more cynical world, giving us Gon. Someone who the series does not even pretend isn't creepy as all hell.

Nah man, you're exaggerating. The closest thing to a bloodthirsty kid Goku was during the King Piccolo saga and is totally justified there (moreso when namekians weren't a thing and Piccolo and co. were straight up demons). With the Red Ribbon army guys he mostly just knocked them out leaving them making funny faces, also remember that he was ready to pardon Tao even after killing Upa's father.
Also, how is not helping Snow's village or retrieving the remaining balls from the HQ to resurrect Upa's father the right thing to do?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

canoshiz posted:

Real talk, when I was a kid I thought Yamcha's manipulable ki ball attack was the coolest poo poo ever. It really kept me from seeing how lame Yamcha was for years.

I blame Tree of Might.

SirDrone posted:

How the gently caress can people stand the Ocean dub Cell Saga when Dameon Clarke is the perfect Cell.

The ocean dub was quite acceptable before funimation took over. I don't know what happened between then and when ocean were allowed to do voices again, but that flair they had before just wasn't there. Which is a shame, because most of the ocean dub voices just sounded right to me. It took me some time before I could really accept the funi voices and it was when they finally got the clue to stop pretending to be the ocean dub voices.

I also think the 4kids dub of one piece was better than people give it credit for.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Chris Sabat as saiyan saga Vegeta still doesn't sit right with me. In fact, I feel like the Ocean dub voice for him fits all the way until he starts fighting against Frieza.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Pureauthor posted:

He was apparently a good enough person to be granted a heavenly body (albeit as his old self instead of someone a bit more in his prime), so I don't think he has that much to complain about.

He's got a lot of friends, and most of them are brunettes :heysexy:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yamcha's greatest achievement in life is dying one less time than krillin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Petiso posted:

Nah man, you're exaggerating. The closest thing to a bloodthirsty kid Goku was during the King Piccolo saga and is totally justified there (moreso when namekians weren't a thing and Piccolo and co. were straight up demons). With the Red Ribbon army guys he mostly just knocked them out leaving them making funny faces, also remember that he was ready to pardon Tao even after killing Upa's father.
Also, how is not helping Snow's village or retrieving the remaining balls from the HQ to resurrect Upa's father the right thing to do?

You're kidding, right?

Most of those soldiers were dead, and Goku doesn't care (beyond wanting more).

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yamcha's greatest achievement in life is dying one less time than krillin

Getting with Bulma, cheating on Bulma, becoming a professional baseball player and earning all the money.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
So do Goku's parents not get after-life bodies? Didn't his dad go back in time and do good stuff (is that even canon?) so he might deserve one?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Getting with Bulma, cheating on Bulma, becoming a professional baseball player and earning all the money.

Becoming a pro baseball player when you have superhuman speed and reactions isn't an achievement in my opinion.
He should really be famous for never failing to hit a home run, getting strikes while bowling(i don't know how baseball works) and catching it.

I mean, getting the superhuman attributes is an achievement, sure, but not the baseball bit after.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tien and Yamcha have a better death record than Krillin only because they're almost never around and he always is. Krillin earned his Strongest Human title :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So do Goku's parents not get after-life bodies? Didn't his dad go back in time and do good stuff (is that even canon?) so he might deserve one?

The afterlife we see is only Earths afterlife. Planet Vegita would have a different check in station (also it might be destroyed?). Frieza seemed to think he would destroy Earth afterlife by destroying Earth.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Goku's dad was a genocidal monster who happily ended several races because he really, really liked murdering. He was a good person for a Saiyan entirely because he actually cared about his family and friends, that still makes you a monster. The time-travel plot was created for the terrible History of Bardock manga (later adapted into an OVA) and is very far from canon.

After-life bodies aren't given to people for being good, they're given when the gods like them enough. Bardock and Gine were not important enough to deserve them, so Bardock's soul is probably just somewhere in Hell while Gine's is...somewhere. She didn't seem to deserve Hell but she is a Saiyan, so she was still probably cool with slaughtering entire races for fun and profit, even if she wasn't doing it herself.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yamcha never cheated on Bulma, that was an invention of Budokai 3 that has Yamcha act wildly off-character.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yamcha never cheated on Bulma, that was an invention of Budokai 3 that has Yamcha act wildly off-character.

She says he cheated on her in the very first episode of DBZ (at least the ultra censored dub I remember watching as a kid).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
She says it in the comic, too. Or Trunks says it. Or both.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I want an "All Kills of Frieza" picture that is just filled to the brim with Saiyan corpses. You can't even see Frieza. Just corpses.

Maybe Krillin's arm poking out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

I want an "All Kills of Frieza" picture that is just filled to the brim with Saiyan corpses. You can't even see Frieza. Just corpses.

Vegita should also have an entire bug planet worth of kills.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blaze Dragon posted:

After-life bodies aren't given to people for being good, they're given when the gods like them enough. Bardock and Gine were not important enough to deserve them, so Bardock's soul is probably just somewhere in Hell while Gine's is...somewhere. She didn't seem to deserve Hell but she is a Saiyan, so she was still probably cool with slaughtering entire races for fun and profit, even if she wasn't doing it herself.

Souls reincarnate in db part of the reason you can't do it after and year so probably somewhere else. Most of the Saiyans probably went frieza levels of evil so do your time in hell then reincarnate I guess. Makes me think how the super dragonballs would handle a I wish back Vegeta wish would it have to be new saiyans?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

Souls reincarnate in db part of the reason you can't do it after and year so probably somewhere else. Most of the Saiyans probably went frieza levels of evil so do your time in hell then reincarnate I guess. Makes me think how the super dragonballs would handle a I wish back Vegeta wish would it have to be new saiyans?

Imo the super dragon balls work like the regular dragon balls before the need for a long term plot came about and suddenly they needed to have limitations.

So basically some magic would happen and everybody is alive again. What's that? There were some bits of old soul still stuck living people? Those are still there. Magic.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I bit the bullet and am in Universe 6.

I love Whis.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Little Mac posted:

Could the kills he got before Whis rewinded time count?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1hruUFmN8

English release of DB Fusions got announced, releasing December 13th

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Nice! But I really just wanna play Heroes. :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mogomra posted:

Nice! But I really just wanna play Heroes. :(

well this is more of an actual game than Heroes is

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1hruUFmN8

English release of DB Fusions got announced, releasing December 13th

hahaha Oozaru Broly is in this. The single dumbest possible villain

Caros
May 14, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

hahaha Oozaru Broly is in this. The single dumbest possible villain

Certainly you meant to say 'loving awesomest'. It's like you can't even imagine yourself being twelve again and hearing about it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh SHUT UP

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am going to take my OC and gather his friends and Hella Defeat the giant anime hulk gorilla

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Where's #19?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Head tucked under his left arm, I had the same problem

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh lmao. I spent about 10 minutes scouring the picture trying to find him but never thought to look at Vegeta himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

vegeta killing 19 was way cooler than anything any of the other z-warriors ever did besides piccolo knocking gero around

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
look at least all the broly stuff in this game is optional side quests instead of xenoverse literally making broly the end of the game

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

look at least all the broly stuff in this game is optional side quests instead of xenoverse literally making broly the end of the game

it's the post-game so you're free to not care about Broly and Bardock's time adventures

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sorry but I don't have the strength of character to ignore that

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im glad Broly was in Xenoverse because it makes my Xenoverse OC canonically stronger than Broly

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Petiso posted:

Nah man, you're exaggerating. The closest thing to a bloodthirsty kid Goku was during the King Piccolo saga and is totally justified there (moreso when namekians weren't a thing and Piccolo and co. were straight up demons).

Even there, I feel like that saga is where "Superhero Goku" begins after he survives drinking the Ultra Divine Water.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

vegeta killing 19 was way cooler than anything any of the other z-warriors ever did besides piccolo knocking gero around

Yeah but Vegita lost all of those cool points by getting so chumped by Cell later on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Xenoverse 2 better take away that "you can only be SSJ1 and 2" poo poo. I want 3, God, and Blue in there (and I guess 4).

And bring back playable Great Apes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but Vegita lost all of those cool points by getting so chumped by Cell later on.

that was a good looking fight in what was the worst animated arc in the series so not sure.

• Locked thread