Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

tao of lmao posted:

They're just as scared of you as you are of them. The over-friendliness is a defense mechanism. It's ok. You can pet them. If you hold your hand out with some oats in it, they might even walk right up and eat it!

Just, I'm hoping no one asks for money or presents an e meter. It's fine. For now I just won't touch and hope for reciprocal treatment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls

whats an e meter, is it like a tier list

----------------

Nathilus

Humans Among Us posted:

whats an e meter, is it like a tier list

Its something that unhesitantly bright and cheerful people ocassionally shove in your face. Some kinda black magic I think?

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Nathilus posted:

Just, I'm hoping no one asks for money or presents an e meter. It's fine. For now I just won't touch and hope for reciprocal treatment

What if I demand money

heard u like girls

Nathilus posted:

Its something that unhesitantly bright and cheerful people ocassionally shove in your face. Some kinda black magic I think?

:popeye:

e; this will mete your e's aparently

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 22, 2016

----------------

Nathilus

I Was The Fury posted:

What if I demand money

I'll flee into the brush

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

I Was The Fury posted:

What system? Are you running the game or playing? Is it A home brewed setting or one of the officially supported ones? Sorry if this is too many questions, I just really like D&D

5th ed and im playing. its home brewed i think

I Was The Fury

Nathilus posted:

I'll flee into the brush

What if I offer you money

Saint Isaias Boner

posting is magic

speaking of dnd i'm making a new rpg system for a thing, would byob be interested in giving it a whirl when it's ready to rock?

heard u like girls

Business Gorillas posted:

What class are you

----------------

Business Gorillas

im a warlock, the basis of which inspired a thread idea that i totally forgot until now

Nathilus

I Was The Fury posted:

What if I offer you money

Its too late your suppositions have spooked me

Saint Isaias Boner

posting is magic

im a warlock, the basis of which inspired a thread idea that i totally forgot until now

are warlocks the magic-using fighters or the evil magic users? I get confused

hi how are you ♥

Boomzilla

Just one individually wrapped oat

heard u like girls

warlocks are bad rear end dudes

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

posting is magic

Boomzilla posted:

Just one individually wrapped oat

I Was The Fury

I really enjoy 5th edition. I feel like it takes some of the depth from 3.5/pathfinder and adds enough of the ease of use from 4 that they mesh well and come together in a system that is easy to learn and enjoyable to play.

Don't forget to keep track of all the ways you can be granted advantage in combat, because that will save your rear end from a natural 1 so many times. And hopefully your DM is creative, because a good home brew setting will be built to the tastes of the players but more importantly will be shaped by their actions. I run a couple of 5e games, but since I'm not that creative and tend to run dry on ideas about 2 sessions in I'm running the "Out of the Abyss" book and the "Princes of the Apocalypse" book, and my players seem to be enjoying both.

I Was The Fury

Nathilus posted:

Its too late your suppositions have spooked me

These are all just hypothetical questions. What if I told you that I was giving you the opportunity of a lifetime and you could make tons of money while running your own business, but first you just have to sign some forms and buy this convenient starter kit from me

I Was The Fury

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

speaking of dnd i'm making a new rpg system for a thing, would byob be interested in giving it a whirl when it's ready to rock?
I think I would be interested.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

are warlocks the magic-using fighters or the evil magic users? I get confused
Stereotypically seen as evil magic users, but if you take the right features and bonuses you can make a melee based warlock that can be really devastating. I just haven't figured out the whole "staying alive" part.

Business Gorillas

I Was The Fury posted:

I really enjoy 5th edition. I feel like it takes some of the depth from 3.5/pathfinder and adds enough of the ease of use from 4 that they mesh well and come together in a system that is easy to learn and enjoyable to play.

Don't forget to keep track of all the ways you can be granted advantage in combat, because that will save your rear end from a natural 1 so many times. And hopefully your DM is creative, because a good home brew setting will be built to the tastes of the players but more importantly will be shaped by their actions. I run a couple of 5e games, but since I'm not that creative and tend to run dry on ideas about 2 sessions in I'm running the "Out of the Abyss" book and the "Princes of the Apocalypse" book, and my players seem to be enjoying both.

heh, i'm a halfling :smug:

Business Gorillas

i'm a warlock that is an Old One cultist which is the basis of the next byob goldmined thread so please do not make any threads wrt eldritch beings or lovecraftian horrors until i make mine tia

yoloer420
What's the byob consensus about posting from the toilet? (I am doing this now)

Boomzilla

yoloer420 posted:

Encouraged

I Was The Fury

heh, i'm a halfling :smug:

Halfling Old One Warlock huh? I like the cut of your jib. I'll be looking forward to tales of your exploits

I Was The Fury

yoloer420 posted:

How else are you supposed to shitpost? Now that GBS is gone, you can't really post while making GBS threads your pants anymore.

City of Glompton

I'm not interested in hearing about where your posting unless it is someplace really cool. get back to me when you post from that 24k gold potty ok?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

also welcome I hope you enjoy your time here!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

yoloer420 posted:

It's where I do most of my posting.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I Was The Fury posted:

everyone i played with as a kid recently met up and tried to start a campaign using 5e (none of us had played for decades) and since i am the only one who is childless and unmarried i was designated DM. I am not really a fan of the 5e system but i honestly don't really get it yet either. it seems kind of open and malleable which is nice but the handbooks seem to be written to be as vague and confusing as possible, which i guess is fine because it will probably be several months before we can all actually meet and try it again.

I Was The Fury

Luvcow posted:

everyone i played with as a kid recently met up and tried to start a campaign using 5e (none of us had played for decades) and since i am the only one who is childless and unmarried i was designated DM. I am not really a fan of the 5e system but i honestly don't really get it yet either. it seems kind of open and malleable which is nice but the handbooks seem to be written to be as vague and confusing as possible, which i guess is fine because it will probably be several months before we can all actually meet and try it again.

Yeah I've noticed the books are really bad about the rules for two weapon fighting being spread between three different places. And that that the rules for surprising enemies/the player characters is literally "the DM decides who is surprised"
To be fair to 5e's critics, I run my games with a very rules-loose attitude, so the vagueness works in my favor a lot of the time. Heck, ill switch up the rules being acknowledged/followed mid game if a player has planned something around following some rules to the letter. However i dont let people just blatantly go outside the scope of the system and will ask for justification r a page reference if they insist they should be able to pick pockets without making a check or that they should be allowed to grab a stool and throw it as a free action. The rules lawyers I know have tended to prefer pathfinder.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I Was The Fury posted:

Yeah I've noticed the books are really bad about the rules for two weapon fighting being spread between three different places. And that that the rules for surprising enemies/the player characters is literally "the DM decides who is surprised"
To be fair to 5e's critics, I run my games with a very rules-loose attitude, so the vagueness works in my favor a lot of the time. Heck, ill switch up the rules being acknowledged/followed mid game if a player has planned something around following some rules to the letter. However i dont let people just blatantly go outside the scope of the system and will ask for justification r a page reference if they insist they should be able to pick pockets without making a check or that they should be allowed to grab a stool and throw it as a free action. The rules lawyers I know have tended to prefer pathfinder.

ya we all played 1st and 2nd edition way way back and later in college i tried 3rd so we are all kinda in the dark. i put the campaign in Greyhawk because thats the one thing familiar to all of us and honestly its gary's original world so its the best world. Campaign is set in the Vesve Forest after the wars and involves Iggwilv and Iuz.

Mariana Horchata

Hi BYOB! im Mariana and this has been a long time coming, happy to be welcome and accepted

City of Glompton

hello and welcome :)

Manifisto

hi Mariana, welcome! your sig is very seasonal and chic.

ty nesamdoom!

Boomzilla

Spoopy critters!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Mariana Horchata posted:

Hi BYOB! im Mariana and this has been a long time coming, happy to be welcome and accepted

welcome, i like your postings

Mariana Horchata

Thank you everybody, as much as ill miss gbs i just hadnt been feeling it many times over the past few so im happy to be here and hope many other fugees share this sentiment as well

symbolic

from a few pages back but

Onkel Hedwig posted:

About halloween: I recently finished Undertale, so bones and skeletons are pretty high on my list of cool things now.
:hfive:

my second favorite game of all time, as you can guess from my...well, everything

FluffieDuckie

Mariana Horchata posted:

Thank you everybody, as much as ill miss gbs i just hadnt been feeling it many times over the past few so im happy to be here and hope many other fugees share this sentiment as well

Overall i've been really pleased with the folks who came to see us today. I hope most will stick around. I'm pretty partial but I think it's a pretty fun place to hang in

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

Mariana Horchata posted:

Hello Mariana, I am I Was the Fury, and I am also a glad person. Glad because we have so many new friends! Do you have any pets or fun hobbies?

• Locked thread